Thread: Collecting Coins

Fashion Designer

Collecting Coins

When I collect my coins the total starts decreasing not increasing. The more I collect the less I have. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Do you have over 2 billion coins? I've heard other people having a similar issue when they get over some ridiculously large number.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Do you have over 2 billion coins? I've heard other people having a similar issue when they get over some ridiculously large number.
    Yes I do. It is ridiculous because I can't do anything with them as they won't let me buy any more habitats...but I hate having the coins over my dragons. It looks so messy. Clearly I need to get a life!

Fashion Designer
    Then I think you've hit the coin glitch. Maybe buy a load of decor if you have a free space, buy expensive stuff and then sell it back at a ridiculous loss. I can't remember what other people have or haven't tried at this point, although I think some people have put in a support ticket to get some of their coins gone, which seems kind of mean, frankly. I figure if you have so many the game can't cope either they should fix their code, or give you something in return.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Executive Chef
    if you didn't reach habitat limit, you can buy coin habitat (zodiac, metal or fairytale habitat) and sell it (you don't need to wait the end of it)
    if you have arctic isles, you can farm there : this is the way i use to stay below 2 billions (food is VERY expensive there )
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Hi there. I am one of those with no life - well actually more like someone who wanted to see wat happens when you are over 1 billion so I now have over 2 billion and my tally keeps on going up. So the glitch is not for everyone. Cheers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by laurelsail View Post
    When I collect my coins the total starts decreasing not increasing. The more I collect the less I have. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks!
    I am glad someone else has the problem as well, I have neighbours with over 9 billion coin as if them on level 200, my game goes nuts but only if I get over 2,2 billion apparently something to do with the code. Not all games suffer though, I spend coins on rubbish like stone banners to reduce my coins.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    I am glad someone else has the problem as well, I have neighbours with over 9 billion coin as if them on level 200, my game goes nuts but only if I get over 2,2 billion apparently something to do with the code. Not all games suffer though, I spend coins on rubbish like stone banners to reduce my coins.
    I have -2,102,341,423 coins, yes negative 2 billion plus.When I collect coins the total "decreases".
    When I buy a habitat, the value "increases".
    In Maths., -1 is greater than -2 so the coin total actually increases when you collect coins.
    The code probably stores the coins total as a 32-bit integer, with the most significant bit, msb=0 for positive numbers & msb=1 for negative. This leaves 31 bits for the value which max=2,147,483,647. Further increase will cause the msb to change from 0 to 1, turning the value to a negative number.
    Buy expensive habitats & selling them as suggested is an option but if you are already out of space to place the habitat before you can sell it, then it is a tough choice to sell an existing habitat after moving the dragons to stable or selling them.

Update:
    I just noticed, when the Market icon
    is clicked, the coins display is a postive number, 2,193,514,820 compared with main display which shows coins=(-2,101,452,476). So it looks like it is just the main display which has not been corrected.
    Last edited by retseho; 04-09-17 at 09:44 PM.

The Honorable Panda
    On the negative coin balance. This is a display glitch:

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    In regard to negative Coins, this display error can occur if you've earned more Coins than the maximum positive integer. This applies to any game, but can present the error in different ways. While the number appears to be negative in your game, the server is still correctly depicting the full value of the Coins that you have. To correct this, it may require reducing the number below the maximum positive integer.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request