Page 61 of 113 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek, Musings and Speculation about upcoming new story content

Executive Chef
    Leaderboard event is the one we race against each other obtaining goals and trying to get top points in higest positions. Most CS players don't like or participate as it means racing against your neighbors and friends.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    So only the best ones get prizes? and do we always play against our neighbors? or also other community kingdoms?
    Last edited by manu90ela; 07-20-18 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manu90ela View Post
    So only the best ones get prizes? and do we always play against our neighbors? or also other community kingdoms?
    Everyone who participates gets some prizes, there are goal prizes available to all. But only 1st and 2nd place get the “grand” prize. And we do compete against other community kingdoms, but occasionally neighbors are placed in the same group to compete against. Also, it’s not necessarily “the best” but more, who spends the most money (buying boosts etc). It’s not a s**** competition.

Castle Story was built on the spirit of neighborliness and cooperation. For example, just look at look at the key requests required for the current event. By pitting us against each other in competition, leaderboards go against the very basis of this game.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtBeebo View Post
    This will be a Beast Master/Monster Hunt event, with new permanent trades available in both the Trade Wagon and the Mythic Research Center.
    Please tell me this is not a leaderboard. I love monster hunts and HATE leaderboards.

Host(ess)
    I'm pretty new to this game, level 24, and after getting shut out from the current event because I didn't have Thurston's Fort and Dire Boars, enough golden eggs, etc. I would like advice on the Monster Hunt.

What things should I do to prepare? I only have one horse, should I get more? How many? Do I need to buy Dead Trees? What reasonable expectations should I have? I don't want another big disappointment. Thanks!

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Bybrr View Post
    I'm pretty new to this game, level 24, and after getting shut out from the current event because I didn't have Thurston's Fort and Dire Boars, enough golden eggs, etc. I would like advice on the Monster Hunt.

What things should I do to prepare? I only have one horse, should I get more? How many? Do I need to buy Dead Trees? What reasonable expectations should I have? I don't want another big disappointment. Thanks!

More horses are always useful in a monster hunt - they spawn glimmer golems which give the most tokens overall plus more of the rarer shield and staff tokens when defeated. I can go through my eight horses several times a day during a hunt. Farmhouses are also a good idea - spawning a reasonable number of fangbeasts and occasionally the the new monster for the hunt. Cows and pigs are useful for the same reason.

You probably only need two or three dead trees - it only takes 2 or 3 hits to spawn a blue dire boar and it only spawns once a day.

I also recommend that after you've done the daily quests focus on finding the new beast and glimmer golems. Keep and eye on your number of tokens (especially if you're fighting lots of golems because it can be easy to find once you've defeated it you now have over the limit of shield tokens and end up losing out on those extras. The bronze hunter trade (50 tokens) is very useful when you're getting lots of shields but don't have enough of the swords and staffs.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by manu90ela View Post
    They give "something" to everyone. The top two people got a walker last 2 times. IIRC, 3rd place is the spot you don't want - you get a trophy but no extra energy, which the guy in 4th place gets.

They group you with people based on your level and whatever, so it's probably not neighbors. I was pleased because I have no alicorns and none of my group did either. Once people start gemming, just let em go, that's all. I play my own game.

I gotta go look up monster hunt and beast master guides to try to get prepared. Thanks whoever mentioned horses. I remember buying more last time we needed them. Such a long cooldown.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya View Post
    The sneak preview says the new event is 7/23. Usually events start on Thursday. Is this starting Monday? Thanks!
    Personally, I wish it was starting Thursday. That would give a nice break after the Alifaun goals and I have all my weekly Ali's set for Thursday updates.
    Now I'm off to the Hub to refresh my memory of where bones are found.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Personally, I wish it was starting Thursday. That would give a nice break after the Alifaun goals and I have all my weekly Ali's set for Thursday updates.
    Now I'm off to the Hub to refresh my memory of where bones are found.

Maybe it was a typo.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by raszy View Post
    More horses are always useful in a monster hunt - they spawn glimmer golems which give the most tokens overall plus more of the rarer shield and staff tokens when defeated. I can go through my eight horses several times a day during a hunt. Farmhouses are also a good idea - spawning a reasonable number of fangbeasts and occasionally the the new monster for the hunt. Cows and pigs are useful for the same reason.

You probably only need two or three dead trees - it only takes 2 or 3 hits to spawn a blue dire boar and it only spawns once a day.

I also recommend that after you've done the daily quests focus on finding the new beast and glimmer golems. Keep and eye on your number of tokens (especially if you're fighting lots of golems because it can be easy to find once you've defeated it you now have over the limit of shield tokens and end up losing out on those extras. The bronze hunter trade (50 tokens) is very useful when you're getting lots of shields but don't have enough of the swords and staffs.
    Thank you so much! That is all great information. I'm a little anxious now...my first monster hunt! I'm off to purchase horses and dead trees.