Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Close out Pop Ups

Cannot Close out Pop Ups

I have started seeing some dialog boxes that come up telling me to go play other games (Castle Story one says my energy has been filled). The cross on the side does not work and then the Ok button doesn't work either (possibly since I no longer have these games installed). It basically locks me out of Dragon Story and I have to close the app. Given that on my device it's hard enough getting DS to open without crashing, this is highly annoying when you are forced to restart the app!

Can we please not have these popups? I don't play any of the games mentioned and they've been uninstalled. As if the app notifications aren't enough. At least those you can disable. If regularly logging into Castle story becomes some sort of "condition" for me to be able to keep playing DS, well I might as well quit the whole game ecosystem them.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    Same. Had to restart game 2 times already in 30 minutes cuz stupid pop ups can't be closed.

Fashion Designer
    Same. I pressed the back button on my phone, which closed the popups, as their buttons didn't work. They also keep swapping around. I had a goal to install castle story for 14 gold, did so, played, went back to dragon story and the goal had disappeared and no gold was forthcoming. Considering it gave me 173 days to meet the target and I did it within 5 minutes I felt that was a little harsh....
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    Same problems here. Annoying.

Rhino Keeper
    Ditto! Only second day of these annoying pop ups, and I'm fed up with them already!

I only installed those games to get the gold. They didn't keep me interested enough to keep playing them in the first place, so why on earth would these pop ups work to get me playing them again?

There's already enough annoyances with the game play, so deliberately adding more via pop ups is just crazy. I've been thinking about quitting this game for a while - these pop ups are making that decision much easier!

The Honorable Panda
    I am not having any issues with the POP ups closing out.

Are you guys playing on iOS or android devices?

( I have moved this thread to the Bug Forum).
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I have the same issue on android. I'm not sure about on the iPad as I have been unable to get DS to open on it for some time. Both are super annoying issues for me.

I'm on iOS, an older version, maybe 7... the last supported version for iPhone4. It doesn't seem to be related to uninstalled games because I got one for Fantasy Forest story and I play that regularly. Login several times a day.

I wish there was more intelligence on when the pop up gets displayed. I don't need to be reminded about FFS, it's not a game I stopped playing. And the text "Pyro Pony is waiting" makes absolutely no sense to me since I've leveled up my pony to max already so there is squat I can do with Pyro Pony anyway. Makes is just that extra bit annoying since it's clear that it's not driven by any actual gameplay/notifications logic. They're just hassling you to play their games more even though you already are.

I should probably add that restarting the game app is extra painful since sometimes the only way to get it up without crashing is to restart my phone entirely and run another memory cleanup app beforehand. My phone is almost entirely dedicated to running DS most days because of this, as only the SMS/TXT function seems to not result in the game crashing when I get back to it. Some people have talked about doing uninstalls and re-installs to deal with crashing!
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Same. I pressed the back button on my phone, which closed the popups, as their buttons didn't work. They also keep swapping around. I had a goal to install castle story for 14 gold, did so, played, went back to dragon story and the goal had disappeared and no gold was forthcoming. Considering it gave me 173 days to meet the target and I did it within 5 minutes I felt that was a little harsh....
    thanks for this. The back button worked on my tablet, too. Still annoying, though.

Rhino Keeper
    I raised this yesterday on the Bug thread. I'm on Android.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast