Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castle Story: Help and Information for new players

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    * Game Settings *

Push Notifications - on or off?
    When you first begin, the game will ask you whether or not you want notifications on. You can change these yourself at any time in Settings.

Choose which Ruler you want in your kingdom
    You can choose either a male or female avatar (known as the Ruler) who will walk around your kingdom and carry out the functions of running the kingdom. You can change your avatar at any time on the profile screen. It does not cost you anything to change your avatar.

These are your choices:
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-30-19 at 02:54 PM.

* Information about the forum *

1. Navigating the Forum

There are 3 sections of the Forum:

1. Discussions (our game talk with each other)
    Sub-forums:
    1. Game Guides
    2. The Hub
    2. Bugs & Issues (problems in your game which might be a bug or glitch) and
    3. Suggestions & Feedback (game suggestions and general feedback about the game)

* It is important that you do not create duplicate threads.
    * Check what threads are in the top of the Discussion Forum first.
    * If in doubt, use the Help Me thread.

2. Navigating the Hub
    Above all else, you should be familiar with what is in The Hub! It has everything you need to know about Castle Story! It should be your 'go to' link (it is for me!).

The Hub is our main source of all game information. The Hub has loads of information including the Inventory Guide; Building Guide, Adventure Guide, XP level charts, Information Nuggets on specific items; Main Goal Guide with step by step instructions of all goals and the Castle Story Outline Guide which tells you what triggers a goal and has helpful tips in summary form.

If you have an Android device, the Hub sub-forum sits at the top of Discussions ALWAYS in an unexpanded view. You need to expand the sub-forum view first and then you'll see the Hub and Game Guides:
    1. Castle Story | Game Guides - the top dark blue section (sticky threads) are all of the main story goals. The light blue section underneath are threads on events and anything not connected to the main story.
    2. Castle Story | The Hub - includes an explanatory guide (sticky thread) and the main threads mentioned above (which are also linked in post 1 of the explanatory guide) as well as heaps of other really useful information and some fun stuff too!

3. Forum Rules
    Last, but not least, please make sure you've read through the Forum Rules so you understand what you are allowed to post.

If you break the rules, your post may be removed and sent to a Community Manager for review or your post may be edited. If the nature of the offense is severe or continuous, a Moderator Warning will be sent to you by private message. If you ignore warnings, Storm8 may take disciplinary on your account and you may be banned from the forum. The safety of players is paramount to having fun and sharing information.

4. I don't want to post, but I need help!
    There are players who don't feel comfortable posting and that's ok! You can send me a PM (private message) and I will respond as quickly as I can. Being a castle story addict, I'm here every day, so you won't have to wait too long for a reply!

If ever I'm not available, please feel free to contact any of the other wonderful moderators who can also help.

Happy Gaming!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 04-19-17 at 04:02 AM.

Helpful Information in various threads

Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    I got a bunch of Flower Power daily Alicorns during a sale, they drop the flowers needed daily along with energy. Otherwise, some of the event intermediate prizes, as well as some Ivy Nursery critters, do multi drops including flower petals. Slowly adding these at lower levels will give you critters that drop petals on top of coal, or bacon, or some other resource we often need in events. We need red & purple flowers specifically for the Faerie Elixir. I have a good 15 of these color flowers, and slowly crafted the red & purple Shrubs in the Arboretum to put these out during WW instead of individual flowers (currently at 5 shrubs, eventual goal is 10-12). The Isle of Audra storyline drops a decent amount of Glimmerdust when collecting from clouds. This was great on the part of S8! We didn't have regular glimmerdust droppers as part of the storyline before (but I'm not done with them all, so I may be wrong). And Adventures will drop Glimmerdust Trove occasionally, so working on those when still a relatively lower level can get you a few of these glimmerdust droppers without spending gems. As well as religiously watching videos, if in the USA on an Apple device.

Doing the storyline to get the Trading Post to Level 10 will give you coin & random drops of many things. The Guardsman's dogs will often drop completed Simple Feasts to help with that Adventure.

And doing WW, with all your flowers/shrubs, etc. out, and collecting from everything you can (Quick Collect helps every 50 items or so tapped, for those whose devices support this), will top off your flowers, drops from clouds, etc. I keep 25 Red Mushroom Circles out for Glimmerdust. (Sidebar: these provide me with both Mushrooms and Glimmerdust. I do not have ANY regular mushroom circles, or mushroom patch, out At All) Park a monster somewhere off to the side, of course, so one doesn't interfere with collecting. It's why I recommend building up a couple dozen of each animal, or clouds, and a dozen farmhouses, 4-6 cottages, 2 each Library & Marketplace, Jeweler, Tavern; before getting really serious about finishing events. Especially if you aren't interested in spending any real $ or gemming parts of an event. If your time zone & life allow it, collecting from everything on your board possible using WW before an event using the 2 unlimited energy units offered to us, free, will help prepare you for getting through events. Just don't collect from things with extremely long timers (like cottages, Deep Mine, Market Place, Library, Ivy's Hut) if doing a WW the morning of/a few hours before the start of a new event. This is IMO the single best strategic move I make to prep for events. If you are topped off on everything during your first unlimited energy run, use the coin you have saved up to do Run #2 using mass Rock Outcropping chopping in an attempt to pick up a few Gold Nuggets. Put away things with short timers, fill the empty space with up to 40-50 Rock Outcroppings (less if you can't do Quick Collect), and chop up rocks to get those Gold Nuggets. I usually get at least 1 nugget doing this.

IMO this game is very mentally challenging, you really need to think about strategy until/unless you get to the point of tons of energy & resources available/saved. It's one reason why I love this game. I still have to plan/strategize, and I've been playing for years & have a decent "base queendom" (IMO, anyway ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12