Thread: Friend can't re-download game - Android player

Executive Chef

Friend can't re-download game - Android player

A friend of mine downloaded the game a while ago at work and played up to level 7. Unbeknown to me she stopped playing because she couldn't get neighbours so deleted game. She's trying to re-download but no luck. It keeps saying she needs internet connection which she has. She's tried switching off phone, she has both her mobile data to download and home connection, there are two versions to download, I've suggested one may be a valentines version so not to try that one.

Are there other things my friend can try?

Addition: I've just found out the other version is the winter version and I know iOS isn't playing that version either. Is android currently using Valentines or winter and if so which one is guaranteed to work as my friend tried both versions too but no luck.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 03-18-17 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Addition

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    If your friend has a kindle, or samsung galaxy note or Edge 6, then the game cannot be played on those devices. It shouldn't matter about the version, it is more like the device that's the issue. What kind of device has your friend??

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    If your friend has a kindle, or samsung galaxy note or Edge 6, then the game cannot be played on those devices. It shouldn't matter about the version, it is more like the device that's the issue. What kind of device has your friend??
    I don't know, I can find out but as I said, she played up til level 7 before with the same phone no problem. I'm waiting for a response.

Executive Chef
    HTC 620 Desire

Ok, unless someone posts to help you further, then we will wait for S8 to advise. Thanks...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Ok, unless someone posts to help you further, then we will wait for S8 to advise. Thanks...
    Ok, do I need to fill out a ticket or send an email or just leave this post here?

Let's wait for the team to return to work and we will see what they say. if we need a ticket your friend will need to do that, but let's wait.

Executive Chef
    Ok thanks.

We suggest everyone on Android plays on the most updated version which is 1.7.0.1g, the one that currently still has the Valentine's Day icon.

As long as your friend is not seeing a message that says their device is not compatible, they should be able to to download it. The device does need to have Android OS 2.3+. It may help to clear the Google Play app and Google Play services app cache and see if that helps.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!