Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bingo started 3/15/17

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Why don't the crazy gold spenders just buy the dragons outright?
    The food boosts are a big reason I still go for it- and I enjoy the process of playing bingo. I like the strategy of which dragons to breed, how to get a triple bingo on a difficult board, sometimes how to even get a single bingo! I'm trying to scale back personally... I was playing bingo on 4 accounts (and got Gold Horizon on each), but I've since let all but my main account stop playing bingo. I'm also trying to reduce the gold I use, last week I didn't use any boosts until the last day when 3rd place tried to take it by boosting. So I boosted to keep my place.

Also when/if I stop playing bingo I want enough tickets that when they release the next new ticket dragon I can get it.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    The food boosts are a big reason I still go for it- and I enjoy the process of playing bingo. I like the strategy of which dragons to breed, how to get a triple bingo on a difficult board, sometimes how to even get a single bingo! I'm trying to scale back personally... I was playing bingo on 4 accounts (and got Gold Horizon on each), but I've since let all but my main account stop playing bingo. I'm also trying to reduce the gold I use, last week I didn't use any boosts until the last day when 3rd place tried to take it by boosting. So I boosted to keep my place.

Also when/if I stop playing bingo I want enough tickets that when they release the next new ticket dragon I can get it.
    Some new dragons would be nice. I bet a Diamond Tropic or a nice Guardian hybrid would really stiffen the competition. Ya'll probably know the gaps in existing types better than I.

It can get pretty boring without Bingo, now that we're used to it. But you make a lot of sacrifices to play it.
    Last edited by Hartoled; 05-03-17 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartoled View Post
    Almost more than the trophies, I value the messages left on my Wall telling me that somebody hopes to never meet up with me again.
    Wow, I've never gotten those. I've gotten some congrats from a few lower level players in early LBs but now it's pretty silent. I guess my competitors are not that serious about it. I know I've never had to reach the echelons of 50 thousand points.

That said given I do sometimes snipe (but after a fair amount of dedication and work), I would probably write that message on your wall right now knowing there's every possibility we will face off one day

As a personal rule, I strive to never allow anybody to win who plays dead and then tries to grab it at the end, from some other player who worked hard but underestimated the need to cement a strong position.

Almost more than the trophies, I value the messages left on my Wall telling me that somebody hopes to never meet up with me again.
    Wow, I've never gotten those. I've gotten some congrats from a few lower level players in early LBs but now it's pretty silent. I guess my competitors are not that serious about it. I know I've never had to reach the echelons of 50 thousand points.

As a personal rule, I strive to never allow anybody to win who plays dead and then tries to grab it at the end, from some other player who worked hard but underestimated the need to cement a strong position.

Wow, I've never gotten those. I've gotten some congrats from a few lower level players in early LBs but now it's pretty silent. I guess my competitors are not that serious about it. I know I've never had to reach the echelons of 50 thousand points. I might pay you a visit one day to admire your trophy case

I should probably write that message on your wall now I do sometimes have to snipe at the end, but that's usually after a decent effort and dedication for the whole duration. It's just more gold efficient to avoid getting into a long drawn out bidding war. If there was no "boosting" and if the wheel wasn't more generous to lower ranks than the group leader, I'd probably not bother holding back and then sniping. It just makes no logical sense to self-defeat.

Am also just realising Bingo is for those really dedicated players who have all breedable dragons. They have nothing else to do in the game other than farming so in a way Bingo gives them fresh goals in the game to keep them interested and playing. Any time they are not playing DS, they might be stolen away by a different new game. So these players are not really playing for tickets either. They just want to keep getting new challenges.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    It's just more gold efficient to avoid getting into a long drawn out bidding war. If there was no "boosting" and if the wheel wasn't more generous to lower ranks than the group leader, I'd probably not bother holding back and then sniping. It just makes no logical sense to self-defeat.
    That makes total sense. The Wheel acts like a rubber band tethering you to the ones behind. You can hold the lead and your entire day's effort at breeding and hatching might be awarded to them every few hours.

Staying with the pack so that they expend their resources instead of benefiting from yours, is the logical way to proceed, rather than being the tide that raises all boats.

Then again, I've seen people boost to get all of the milestones out of the way, pretty often, and then they just kinda check out.
    Last edited by Hartoled; 05-04-17 at 07:34 PM.

Then again, I've seen people boost to get all of the milestones out of the way, pretty often, and then they just kinda check out.
    Whaaa? I want to have someone like that. boost to raise the tide and carry everyone else up, and then forget to compete for the final prize.

That said one far-gone leader doesn't carry everyone else up. The wheel will only ever help you get up to a particular rank and if you're all slackers, then that one leader will maintain their lead. That's why I still boost and prep before an LB. If you knock yourself all the way out of the park one or two hours after the start, everyone else will kinda give up and the remaining players will not even try to keep up with you. Even if one or two gives chase, that still leaves the rank and file way way back. This way you can keep your lead. It's only if you get a lot of chasers, then that's when the wheel really really starts to rubber band everyone in the group up. I had this in the last FFS LB. Most of the people in the group of us were changing places for 3rd place. It was such a close race with only one or two people actually boosting, everyone else was getting a free ride. I had to use my trophy demonstration and regular prying visits to convince others I was very serious and to not go the extra steps to contend for the final prize. Only 2 boosted at the end, and we were bidding up in smaller increments.
    Last edited by JustKay; 05-04-17 at 09:46 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Thursday is about over and I still only have 60 points in the current Bingo. I have a Shoreline evolving for the battle they wish us to win, a Plague Doctor in the other Evo Temple, another Shoreline hatching, a Cloud Rider hatching, another Cloud Rider in the Spell Shop, the Wish Dragon trying to get out of Storage, and two dragons for Bingo on the Roosts. Too many things are going on at once. The leaderboard excuse to spend some gold to get some of the stuff off of my plate is welcome, at this point.

New Resident
    What are the "Champion" Dragons? What level is an "epic" dragon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast