Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Bingo started 3/15/17

  1. #1
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    425

    Angry Bingo started 3/15/17

    How is it the Bingo league that just started about an hour ago, 21 of the players are already over 6,000 points with 3 over 10,000? Is this serious? How in the world can one even accumulate that many points in an hour?

  2. #2
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    455
    Wow! 21 players have that many points?? I've been playing this round of bingo continuously for 1.5 hours and I have 5500 points, spent 15 gold for the 50% boost and a couple hundred gold to speed breed some stuff and I've use one of my 10X crops boost to get through the required rushrooms quickly. Normally I can't really play this hard-core in the first few hours... I just happen to have a different schedule today, permitting me to be aggressive early.

    Moral of the story: they spent gold. I haven't seen that competitive of a groups since December when I first got into Gold league. They were out for blood! I normally end up around 20,000 - 25,000 points at the end of the week (I get most of my point in the first couple of days when I want to stake a claim to one of the top 2 places). These days that'll get me into first maybe 2nd place. But, those first few weeks I was in gold league (Dec and beginning of Jan), the winners had massive points and I'd get around 20,000 - 25,000 points just to earn 2 or 5 tickets. If you can last in gold league, eventually you get grouped with people a little more similar to your playing strategy.

  3. #3
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    Wow! 21 players have that many points?? I've been playing this round of bingo continuously for 1.5 hours and I have 5500 points, spent 15 gold for the 50% boost and a couple hundred gold to speed breed some stuff and I've use one of my 10X crops boost to get through the required rushrooms quickly. Normally I can't really play this hard-core in the first few hours... I just happen to have a different schedule today, permitting me to be aggressive early.

    Moral of the story: they spent gold. I haven't seen that competitive of a groups since December when I first got into Gold league. They were out for blood! I normally end up around 20,000 - 25,000 points at the end of the week (I get most of my point in the first couple of days when I want to stake a claim to one of the top 2 places). These days that'll get me into first maybe 2nd place. But, those first few weeks I was in gold league (Dec and beginning of Jan), the winners had massive points and I'd get around 20,000 - 25,000 points just to earn 2 or 5 tickets. If you can last in gold league, eventually you get grouped with people a little more similar to your playing strategy.
    I'm in the Gold league and usually place around 10-13. Not this time apparently!! I'm not willing to put out gold for this, especially with the way the game is going since they let so many employees go. So, I guess I'll just have to try whatever I can to play and hope I get a few tickets each week. I just can't imagine how much gold one would spend to get over 10,000 points in one hour.

  4. #4
    Executive Chef JustKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Somewhere South
    Posts
    2,305
    In one hour I can gold my way to 5000 points easily. Just focus on the breeding goals. You could probably do it on 250 gold or less. Early on, I think the breeding tends to be easier, and it's only after a few minutes of this does the gold being spent boost my luck enough that it becomes a bit harder to breed the commons they ask for. Relax knowing that once the pecking order is set in your group, things should calm down. That said maybe you should relegate yourself to dropping down a league this round since it will be hard to break a 5000 point lead without spending some gold. It will be easier for you to win tickets in the Silver league (am guessing that many rich serious players must place you in the gold league).
    Bye Attachment 52220
    *Double12win & 24win streak!* - No$Spent!
    My DragonS LB trophies (32 gold & 13s & 1b) Attachment 53022
    My FantasyS LB trophies! (41 gold & 6s & 4b) Attachment 53020

    2314Gold+BoostBreedWkend+DiamondTemple =
    Valiant,Achilles,Helios,CrownJewel,Quasar,Diamond-PrismX3,Angel,Gold,Mercury&Crusader
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

    You can view my FashionS boutiques!
    - Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @ JustKay
    - Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    - Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @ KayJust

    BlossomPicnic Attachment 35799
    Monster! Attachment 36956

  5. #5
    New Resident
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1
    Darn... I guess I'm never playing Gold level.

  6. #6
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    558
    I've seen a lot of players who went big from the start but didn't have the stamina or will to stay there. People tend to get a lead and try to ride it without working every day. I've taken the first day off, watched who led, and by how much, and then just went to work, not paying attention to what others were doing. I'd just play a boost, once a day, run through a couple of breeding cycles and eventually, the 3000 points or so, each day, would put me on top. Then, just keep a buffer of about what the lead guys did on the first day, and don't let them close that gap. Lots of times, those early leaders would end up 4th or lower.

    It's the third place guy you really need to watch. He's the one who will drive what happens as the round winds down. That is, if the Second place guy is on the ball and watching him. You can have a nice lead and those two will catch you, if they are wrestling for those 50 tickets.

    Last night, I found myself in 6th place. I wanted 10 tickets, so it was no problem to get to first, everybody was so close. That freaked out the former 1st and 2nd placers, and they poured on a lot of points. I just sat back at 3rd and watched them sweat. I was tempted to leave them messages that all I required was 3rd Place, but they probably would have thought it was a trick. LOL I never bother to trick. If I want it, I take it, and leave no doubts about it.

    Now I have a Gold Horizon, a Stellar Aurora, and 555 tickets saved up,so I have just enough to craft every dragon in the Temple. Those 3 Hatching Boosts and 2 Farm Boosts are plenty to keep me for a week.

    Usually, a weekly score, for top spot, would run between 20-27K, leaving me a safe margin.

    Oh...When I mention "safe margin", I'm referring to the update lag that occurs sometimes, especially in Leaderboards. I've seen the final scores vary a lot from what was visible on my screen at the end of the events.
    Last edited by Hartoled; 05-03-17 at 12:14 AM.

  7. #7
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    839
    Why don't the crazy gold spenders just buy the dragons outright? I don't get why so many players keep spending piles of gold week after week just to rack up a huge score and 'best' everyone else on the board. It would be cheaper and easier just to buy the stupid prize dragons from the temple. Plus, if they are spending that much gold, that often, chances are they have the old GPDs... which means: 1. they have an unfair advantage over new players who can't get those GPDs and accrue similar piles of 'free' gold, and 2. they probably have enough gold sitting around to buy the prize dragons without batting an eye.


    Lastly, the part that kills me: despite the months of complaints about changes making the game pay-to-win, apparently people keep buying and spending tons of gold- which plays right into S8's greedy little mitts. They will just keep making things cost more gold if people keep spending gold to finish the events. It's a vicious circle, and choosing to repeatedly spend the ever-increasing amounts of gold to complete the events just keeps pushing the prices and requirements higher and higher. Where does it end?

  8. #8
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Why don't the crazy gold spenders just buy the dragons outright? I don't get why so many players keep spending piles of gold week after week just to rack up a huge score and 'best' everyone else on the board. It would be cheaper and easier just to buy the stupid prize dragons from the temple. Plus, if they are spending that much gold, that often, chances are they have the old GPDs... which means: 1. they have an unfair advantage over new players who can't get those GPDs and accrue similar piles of 'free' gold, and 2. they probably have enough gold sitting around to buy the prize dragons without batting an eye.


    Lastly, the part that kills me: despite the months of complaints about changes making the game pay-to-win, apparently people keep buying and spending tons of gold- which plays right into S8's greedy little mitts. They will just keep making things cost more gold if people keep spending gold to finish the events. It's a vicious circle, and choosing to repeatedly spend the ever-increasing amounts of gold to complete the events just keeps pushing the prices and requirements higher and higher. Where does it end?
    Lots of times the enticement is there to win the stuff instead of purchasing outright. Once you have started down that path there is a tendency to keep trying. You have to set an internal limit on how much you are willing to risk, and, for me, be prepared to do without if that commitment doesn't pay off. Over time, that can cause resentment to build, so the appearance of tinkering with any of the expected or stated behaviors can really sour you on the whole process. Once you reach that point, buying them makes a lot more sense, if you don't mind patronizing the people that you feel put you in that position when it was supposed to be a fun game. (Fun as in winning.)

    Another factor that affects that 'internal limit' is how much you value coming out on top, and how good you are at doing it without going totally stupid.

  9. #9
    Executive Chef JustKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Somewhere South
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Why don't the crazy gold spenders just buy the dragons outright? I don't get why so many players keep spending piles of gold week after week just to rack up a huge score and 'best' everyone else on the board. It would be cheaper and easier just to buy the stupid prize dragons from the temple. Plus, if they are spending that much gold, that often, chances are they have the old GPDs... which means: 1. they have an unfair advantage over new players who can't get those GPDs and accrue similar piles of 'free' gold, and 2. they probably have enough gold sitting around to buy the prize dragons without batting an eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartoled View Post
    Another factor that affects that 'internal limit' is how much you value coming out on top, and how good you are at doing it without going totally stupid.
    It should be obvious to many that paying more money does not make you "better" at this game. If anything having to pay money IMO, means you didn't "beat" the game. The game forced your hand. So let's establish what drives this type of spending is NOT the game and what is in it, like GPD dragons or even LB trophies.

    I suspect for these people (and myself to some extent), it's not about being better at the game, but rather being better than the other people in your group. For a long time DS was missing the social element that makes some other mobile games out there incredibly profitable and famous. The competitive element that comes from being measured against another human being. Bingo and LB add this to DS. Being top of the Bingo chart is not about 50 tickets. It's about being better than that guy at no2. And when someone like this loses in a Bingo round, they will feel more need to re-establish their standing in the next Bingo round, as a form of psuedo-revenge even though it's unlikely they will face-off against the same opponents. There is a certain bully element that pervades through any game with a competitive social element. While this might all sound bad, it's what pays the bills for S8. The frustration you endure now, allows you to keep playing without spending anywhere near as much real money.

    I also think there is a higher level of game beyond what the game promotes. Someone out there is talking to another player about just how many Bingo tickets they have saved up. Maybe someone is on a mission to be the first person to report the upper limit imposed on bingo tickets in storage. People who beat in-game goals, find other private goals to achieve. I think in Castle story there's some sort of club for people who've maxed out their inventory across all craft-able inventory items. Even when I think about LB trophies, winning one isn't where it stops. The number of trophies you win puts you in a specific top percentile of the player base. If you have 10 gold LB trophies, the probabilities are 1 in 10 trillion, or something like that.

    Some people do this by paying large amounts of money, while others like me, will pick their battles, avoid aggravating others prematurely, and snipe at the end to outwit both my human opponents, and the game's tricks to try to get me to spend real money.
    Last edited by JustKay; 05-03-17 at 07:35 PM.
    Bye Attachment 52220
    *Double12win & 24win streak!* - No$Spent!
    My DragonS LB trophies (32 gold & 13s & 1b) Attachment 53022
    My FantasyS LB trophies! (41 gold & 6s & 4b) Attachment 53020

    2314Gold+BoostBreedWkend+DiamondTemple =
    Valiant,Achilles,Helios,CrownJewel,Quasar,Diamond-PrismX3,Angel,Gold,Mercury&Crusader
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

    You can view my FashionS boutiques!
    - Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @ JustKay
    - Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    - Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @ KayJust

    BlossomPicnic Attachment 35799
    Monster! Attachment 36956

  10. #10
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    558
    My goal for displaying Trophies, is not just having a token of victory, or a cool decoration, but also to inform that I'm going to play hard.

    Not allowing anybody to see you beaten once you set your goal on winning, well, that is to inform that if they ever meet you again, it's probably wiser to just wait for you to go away.

    As a personal rule, I strive to never allow anybody to win who plays dead and then tries to grab it at the end, from some other player who worked hard but underestimated the need to cement a strong position.

    Almost more than the trophies, I value the messages left on my Wall telling me that somebody hopes to never meet up with me again.

    None of these reasons are about ego. If anything, other than fairness, they are about saving money in the long run.

    If a Sniper presses hard, things just might get stupid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	336092f6bde2b478bfef17879d20961e.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	646.7 KB 
ID:	36673  
    Last edited by Hartoled; 05-03-17 at 10:45 PM. Reason: TMI

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •