Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard: Yin and Yang March 14 2017

Executive Chef
    I would love to get yang but cnt justify spending that many gems, especially when I'm deleting and reinstalling so often, what if it stops working!
    Let's see how close I'll get

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain1 View Post
    I would love to get yang but cnt justify spending that many gems, especially when I'm deleting and reinstalling so often, what if it stops working!
    Hope you get it. Me too😉. For now I placed first. Sometimes 2nd. Let's hope after 9 days I don't need to use gems. Good luck for you too.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsandRandoms View Post
    No chance of 1st or 2nd on leaderboard so not going to try and reach yin. Yin without Yang would drive me crazy.
    Glad I'm not the only one. The irony would drive me insane.
    I'm not really going to participate in this LB. I'll be happy with the Kiwi Bird and the habitat and some runes. Gonna hoard my food for something else.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AppieP View Post
    Hope you get it. Me too😉. For now I placed first. Sometimes 2nd. Let's hope after 9 days I don't need to use gems. Good luck for you too.
    Thank you. I'm third just now. There's not a huge amount between us but who knows what will happen. Good luck to you to!

Deleting and reinstalling? Are you on Android? If so there should be an option to delete just the game data cached. Go into settings and wipe the game's downloaded data. When you run it up again, you will get the same as if you'd just installed the game. All the sprites will have to load again, but at least you save yourself the reinstall.

I notice on my older Android device, that if the game data approaches 150MB crashing is more likely. So even before trying to open up the game, I will purposefully check in the settings, and wipe the data before hand before even trying to load the game.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Managed to download it. It's the only app I currently have so it's a bit frustrating as I cnt really make more space!

The new animals and new habitat are absolutely gorgeous. Not sure what the points are like just now as having trouble getting on. Would love first as the animal is gorgeous but we will seem. I'm not honestly holding my breath for it tho. How maddening will it be! As mentioned above, to get yin and no yang!
    Glad to hear you got your game downloaded I read a couple of posts telling you to clear game cache and game data, just wanted to let you know that's 2 totally different things and if you can't reinstall do not clear data only cache because cache holds temporary files and data holds all the game information that if you delete it you'd have to reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by MystiqueRealm View Post
    Glad to hear you got your game downloaded I read a couple of posts telling you to clear game cache and game data, just wanted to let you know that's 2 totally different things and if you can't reinstall do not clear data only cache because cache holds temporary files and data holds all the game information that if you delete it you'd have to reinstall
    Just to clarify, there sounds like there's two different problems being discussed here. Problems installing a game are space related, so freeing up space is the solution. First step is to delete the game cache which is data which isn't important to the game. Note that cached data may be created again during normal play. If that's not enough, you can try to delete the game data, which is data that was previously downloaded and may be regularly used by the game. This includes long term data like the animations and sprites for the animals on your island, and other islands you visit, or single-use banners advertising events (going all the way back to your last data clear). There is merit in freeing up space by attempting a game data delete, as you will be removing banners and animal sprites from old events and much bigger islands you may have visited in the past. The banners you'll never need again, while the rare/limited animal data you won't need until you visit another island that has that animal.

The second problem that I regularly have to deal with is that the game is super unstable on older versions of Android devices. On my old Samsung, the game will start but crash almost immediately on attempting to do any action if the amount of game data is around 150MB. Simply put the game can't juggle 150MB of animal data on even my very basic island on this old device. The only way to get around this problem is to regularly delete the game data so that the game is running with virtually no graphics. I go around my island of invisible animals and quickly do what I need to do as the graphics are downloading and progressively popping back into view. Once I'm done, I close the game to stop further data being downloaded and loaded. Note that this technique will get you into the game to do what needs to be done, however as you are constantly re-downloading the same game data it will eat through your data quota.

However if you are already uninstalling and reinstalling the game, it is no worse as at least you keep the game installation files and save yourself downloading about 80MB of app data. It is much quicker too than the uninstall and reinstall. Clearing game data does not affect your installation. It is safe to do this and you won't have to reinstall if you do this. It basically resets the game to the same state as when you just freshly installed it. The game will then pull your island progress and save it to the game data area, and start re-downloading all the animal sprites and animations necessary for your island.

The only situation where this might not be true, is if you were previously running a really really old version of the game that is no longer available for download from the Play Store. Maybe the old game was much smaller in size, and the new version is less stable or takes up more installation space than your old version. This is less likely since S8 usually make older versions of their games obsolete pretty quick. You get a warning to go install the latest version and it won't load your island.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Good to know Kay, a long time ago I accidently deleted data from another game and I literally had to start over, this game saves your progress the other one didn't at the time, I was told it deletes your login pw game version etc after I did it so I never made that mistake again! Lol I only clear cache now I know that's safe

Rhino Keeper
    ^Thanks for your clarification, JustKay. I'm not that great with techie stuff and your descriptions will help me not only in FFS, but in other games as well. Much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GreytMom View Post
    ^Thanks for your clarification, JustKay. I'm not that great with techie stuff and your descriptions will help me not only in FFS, but in other games as well. Much appreciated!
    No problem. Just as MystiqueRealm alluded to, this applies to most S8 games, but not all games. I would exhibit the same caution for any non-S8 games. Some games do only save your progress locally. S8 is pretty good in saving all the important bits to their server.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast