Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Aside from getting my Clysdedale, luck was not on my side. A day and a half of no bandits and all energy being placed there to get the 4 clovers to move to the final step, having a day for 8 of each I only made it halfway and did not have all the wisps despite collecting as often as I could. I couldn't babysit the game this time as I have in other events and that between getting unlucky with all my drops led to me not making it. Nothing I can do. I have the golden mine, but any source for potential gold items is a good source to me.

I hope others had better luck than me

Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    That was so kind of your husband.

I got the horse days ago, but since getting him my troll rate dropped significantly. I have all the parts for level 8 except 1/4 clovers. When I tap on farmhouses all day yesterday I only got other beasts not a single troll. First collection today same thing. Thankfully it looks like the 9th step does not need clovers but at this point I don't know if I can manage it in two days unless I get the clovers soon. I'm also behind on ivy, missed a few collection so will have 4/8 and have to debate some speed ups. I don't really need the character, I have the mine that drops gold and am always maxed on my gold items, although I would like to have her. I have enough gems to buy them, and I haven't found anything better to use them on in months so I may end up just going for it if I get all the other parts completed. We shall see. Those who have her, how often are you seeing gold drops?

Overall this was another luck game and I was on the unlucky side often spending lots of energy for very few wisps. Often times my mines could take 5 collections before seeing one and 20 chickens/mushroom per wisp etc. Not to be a sore loser I just still find these events unfair. My suggestion is that the game should have an algorithm already so that over the period of blank taps it evens out for everyone.
    I couldn't agree more. This one just did me in. I don't understand why some have needed items roll right in and others have no luck at all.

I'm just so tired of these timed events. We haven't had a main story goal since the elves, and even those felt like side-quests. I'm losing interest in playing, when I realized this was going to be another event where I had to mindlessly chop trees and rocks I gave up then. The drop rates are too frustrating. I'm busy with other things in my life, and I want to be entertained. I've been playing CS for years and I hate to give up on it but I'm this close to just deleting the app.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by etoile1996 View Post
    I'm just so tired of these timed events. We haven't had a main story goal since the elves, and even those felt like side-quests. I'm losing interest in playing, when I realized this was going to be another event where I had to mindlessly chop trees and rocks I gave up then. The drop rates are too frustrating. I'm busy with other things in my life, and I want to be entertained. I've been playing CS for years and I hate to give up on it but I'm this close to just deleting the app.
    I totally agree! I kept going with this one, but I'm pretty disappointed with the rainbow river, which doesn't fit on to any of the other rivers and only gives coins. Off to permanent storage you go! I was pleased at first with Aideen as I got a gold nugget - but she just gave me one wheat and a few coins - so it looks as if her drops aren't going to be up to much either. The horse is quite pretty, but I'm not much of a fan of clothed animals and my little world is beginning to be overwhelmed by random creatures now. I'd much rather have a story to follow - and do it at my own pace. I played this game because the story was so sweet - now it has got lost. Shame.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by crystalfire2000 View Post
    I couldn't agree more. This one just did me in. I don't understand why some have needed items roll right in and others have no luck at all.
    it basically comes down to having good sources of energy. Sometimes energy is more valuable than gold. And also gold nuggets and gems. The Ivy hut glitch thing though was just unfair in all ways! Disclaimer- The above are my observations only, and does not express the views of this forum.

ETA. The gold nuggets allowed adventures that gave me all sorts of wisps needed. Energy saver.
    Last edited by riverly; 03-28-17 at 08:17 AM.

First drop from Aideen is a golden nugget. Hope this good fortune continues ����

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bellibee View Post
    First drop from Aideen is a golden nugget. Hope this good fortune continues ����
    My first drop was a golden egg (of which I have plenty and haven't needed in months) since then no golden items

Rhino Keeper
    I found this event to be very doable, more like the old game. Maybe S8 is listening. If so, thank you S8 for making the game more enjoyable than frustrating!

Executive Chef
    My River is in storage as well as my fairy. For me personally I don't much care for the fairy theme. I've kept my horses out - for now. All in all pretty typical of how things been going. Getting kinda old. But I did get an energy crate and 20 gems from the deal. Not much, but at least something.

Executive Chef
    Aideen's first drop.... 2 wheat
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)