Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Well, I officially only need purple wisp. I should feel good about that and I mostly do; I am excited to now focus on my kingdom. However it's been so long since I've gotten a purple wisp that I am worried about finishing. My drop rate of 2 every 4 days won't allow me to finish.

FYI, those of us "lucky" enough to get 100's of lucky coins from rocks didn't receive any gold nuggets and don't have enough in inventory to use to get wisps (r,y,o) that were easy to acquire anyway.
    This may be a long shot, but try holding off on crafting your next purple wisp right away, if possible, keep a couple in inventory until the mines are ready again. I was crafting the potion as soon as the wisps dropped and I had several collections with no wisps. I decided to try to collect a few before crafting more, and lo and behold, the drops rates improved once I had some already in my inventory. It may just be the random luck thing, but it seems almost as if the game only gives what it thinks we don't need. :-/
    I really wish I could share some purple wisps and lucky dust. The idea for a trading post in this game is an excellent one!
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 03-23-17 at 05:50 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    This may be a long shot, but try holding off on crafting your next purple wisp right away, if possible, keep a couple in inventory until the mines are ready again. I was crafting the potion as soon as the wisps dropped and I had several collections with no wisps. I decided to try to collect a few before crafting more, and lo and behold, the drops rates improved once I had some already in my inventory. It may just be the random luck thing, but it seems almost as if the game only gives what it thinks we don't need. :-/
    I really wish I could share some purple wisps and lucky dust. The idea for a trading post in this game is an excellent one!
    Thanks for the tip...unfortunately I tried that with no luck. So I've decided to craft all the potions I can and just keep my fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed hoping the last 4 drop. Going on 5 days with only 2.

Like Cavegirl, I only had 6 farmhouses, and only 5 chickens out. I've been done with orange wisps for a couple of days and crafted my Clydesdale this morning (I did purchase the trap to jumpstart troll spawning, no gem gain for me). I am also level 33 so needed extra clovers for upgrading but less wisps.

This event had the potential for greatness because technically you could complete it without 24/7 babysitting. The downfall came for upper level players needing to not miss even 1 Ivy collection and the complete randomness of drops and drop rates.
    Last edited by HuckleTown; 03-23-17 at 06:12 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I got to Goal 8 with the requisite 4 Clovers, so "Find Clovers" automatically checked off as completed. Then I used one of my Clovers for the End of the Rainbow adventure, taking my total down to 3 Clovers...but "Find Clovers" stayed marked as completed.

I hadn't thought about trying this before and don't know if it's a common feature, but I thought I'd post it for those who might need the tip.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kendysek View Post
    This event looks doable. I got two green wisps from adventures (don't know how much adventures I did... maybe 8). I did not wasted energy on anything else (except golden mine, cabbage hut and sir pigglesworth) so I did not even craft anything to use my resources. I decided to use the wood and stone the fun way - I have been building farmhouses and than selling them for 100 coins. Maybe someone can say it is too much work with no effect, but it was quite fun for me and I'm allways low on money and no energy was wasted. And I hate black flags.
    That's no wonder that you are always low on money .. when you buy farmhouses for 500 coins and sell them for 100..

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, it's not for free? End of the fun now.

Maybe it't like "how to get rid of black flags for 400 coins..."

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kendysek View Post
    Oh, it's not for free? End of the fun now.

Maybe it't like "how to get rid of black flags for 400 coins..."
    lol you could upgrade buildings or send them to the greedy elf
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

We need the skunkupines for the blue wisps, so I think that is intentional, because we are so busy chopping rocks for the lucky dust and the gold coins. I have gotten 3 gold coins from countless outcroppings.

Executive Chef
    My troll bandits have gone away after about 2 days of getting them one after another. All ok though, I was just working towards my second horse.

Anybody know if the Unlucky Bandits will still appear after leveling the Rainbow River up to Level 6? I've got one Lucky Clydesdale and am considering trying for another once I have all my materials done for the Rainbow River.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RafMikeyLeoDonnie View Post
    Anybody know if the Unlucky Bandits will still appear after leveling the Rainbow River up to Level 6? I've got one Lucky Clydesdale and am considering trying for another once I have all my materials done for the Rainbow River.
    Yes, the bandits still spawn after you fully upgrade the river. I've been crafting horses all week. Good luck.