Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    This is really where we need a Kingdom exchange system (I know it's possible as one or two of the other games do it). I still need a few red, orange and yellow wisps, but even assuming I can collect without missing and have a 100% drop rate from Ivy it will take me to Sunday morning to finish. I already have more purple wisps than I need, so by Sunday I will be awash with them. I'd happily trade for red or orange, or lucky dust from people with more energy than I. Or even swap for other items I need in my Kingdom. 5 purple dust for a trade ticket, or three for something I need for trading for tickets. Or a gold nugget for an expansion permit!

That would be much more useful than the silly leader board stuff. What about it S8? You could charge a trade rate if you wanted gems.
    A market like the farm game would be awesome!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    A market like the farm game would be awesome!
    People who had decided not to do a particular game could use the materials they collect in passing to get things the actually want. (I sat out the last leader board but still got given two completely useless trees. I'm sure someone would have taken them off my hands for something that might have helped me)

It would even out some of the vagaries of this game which has redefined the concept of 'random' in casual games, and would be community building, not destroying.

Rhino Keeper
    This event looks doable. I got two green wisps from adventures (don't know how much adventures I did... maybe 8). I did not wasted energy on anything else (except golden mine, cabbage hut and sir pigglesworth) so I did not even craft anything to use my resources. I decided to use the wood and stone the fun way - I have been building farmhouses and than selling them for 100 coins. Maybe someone can say it is too much work with no effect, but it was quite fun for me and I'm allways low on money and no energy was wasted. And I hate black flags.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzy_rascal View Post
    Should get my horse by tomorrow and whatshername the day after, if my rates stay as they are. On average I'd say I had:

Red wisp: 25%
    Orange: 10%
    Yellow: 33%
    Green: 100%
    Blue: 100% (skunkupine 1-2% from rocks)
    Violet: 25%
    Dust: 20%
    Lucky coin: 2%
    Clover: 100% (15% spawn chance, mostly bandits with rare fangbeasts)

I think the spawn+drop rate calculations involve quite a few factors... game version, number of buildings and their level, your own level, even the time of the day. Would explain the huge variations everyone has noticed...................
    To this spawn+drop rate calculations, considered so different in this event.. I would add also the type of device player is using.. and also the age of device and game version when downloaded.

For suggestions in what to do with your kingdom during events...
    I collect only/least absolute necessary. In this type of event energy is a huge problem as consumes rapidly. So even the crafting/use of maxed materials and the energy used to collect them, when added up for the period of time, would make a great difference of the progress in the goals.
    Actually.. I don't even do Elven exchanges in this period so all energy is consentrated and used on the event and my inventory does not fall to low. In this way you can be sure you will be able to finish in time with the energy given and inventory stock to last.
    When S8 calculates the possibility of success of an event.. it certainly does not include other kingdom collections, only what's necessary for collection times, collections needed for events and hours dedicated to play, even if divided along the day.
    Kingdoms that are able to do normal play as well as event progress must have secondary energy supplies, obviously, investing in this. At this point they gain returns in their investments and events are easily completed.
    I do have my supply of Alis and daily Alis collected in my years of play.. but believe me I have dried them out in chopping rocks to find (for me) 'rare' gold coins.
    Good Luck to everyone, and may you find whatever your 'rare' materials are. Much time is left.. so no need to panic.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    I might have missed this in the previous posts but is anyone else getting the abismal drop from the mines (violet/purple wisps)?
    I have now gone nearly three days without finding one. How can anyone actually manage with those sorts of odds!!!!!
    Frustrated again doesnt even touch how I am feeling.

Moon just read your last comment in your last post. My friend I am not panicking I am resigned but disappointed.

BTW? I have rainbow river at level 2 only and no resources to pay for the wisps.
    Last edited by spanisheyes1; 03-22-17 at 06:37 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    My nemesis, acer trees are only dropping one wisp per tree, and rocks only 4/5 dusts and hardly ever any coin. Got the Clydesdale but still a long way to go.
    The one thing I notice in my game though and haven't seen it mentioned here is that wisps are coming from the same chickens, red mushroom and mostly the same mine over and over and they are the ones that I took out from the inventory. Same with the farm house that only 3 out of my 7 farm house spawn the troll.

Executive Chef
    I'm still purple wisp poor, none today so far...I only need 4 to finish but going on 4+ days with only 2, I don't see how I will complete this. That's ridiculous that I am faithfully tapping and only concentrating on this event and I will be 4 purple wisps short because my mines stopped dropping purple wisps.

Rhino Keeper
    I now have all required dust and wisps except the green to complete, even keeping souveniers of everything. I need 6 (or 8 if souveniers) more green, but Ivy is almost ready. I also have coins for 2 more adventures, I might get lucky.

The Clydesdale is also crafted. It was a nice surprise that with 2 traps as prizes, I didn't need to buy a trap but still got 20 gems. Glad I didn't buy one early.

Debating whether to go for an extra Clydesdale, but will probably start taking care of my neglected queendom again instead. During a timed event apart from event items I only collect from golden mines, cabbage hut, tables, adventures (drawing on my stock of feasts) and of couse wizard schools and alis. Is anyone collecting clover for a second horse?
    Last edited by AinoDK; 03-22-17 at 08:52 AM. Reason: also collecting from the 2 feast-giving tables

Rhino Keeper
    Omg after 3 days of no purple wisps I finally got one from my mine, who hoo!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    This is really where we need a Kingdom exchange system (I know it's possible as one or two of the other games do it). I still need a few red, orange and yellow wisps, but even assuming I can collect without missing and have a 100% drop rate from Ivy it will take me to Sunday morning to finish. I already have more purple wisps than I need, so by Sunday I will be awash with them. I'd happily trade for red or orange, or lucky dust from people with more energy than I. Or even swap for other items I need in my Kingdom. 5 purple dust for a trade ticket, or three for something I need for trading for tickets. Or a gold nugget for an expansion permit!

That would be much more useful than the silly leader board stuff. What about it S8? You could charge a trade rate if you wanted gems.
    I agree, this would be great!