Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    Someone help me with the math of potion #2 here. We need 19 potions, two green wisps from Ivy's hut means 19 days but the event is for 12 days... How do we get the rest of the potions? From what I've seen and read, adventures don't drop them either. Am I missing something?

My bad , yes one wisp per potion, what was I thinking?
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by topmom952 View Post
    I have only been getting 1 red, yellow, orange wisp from the adventures. Is this normal? I have to collect from trees, mushrooms and chickens to get enough wisps. The coins have been very scarce from rocks.
    Unfortunately, this is normal. I got the rarer colored wisps about every 3-4 adventures. The common drop is for red, orange, and yellow. But I sometimes did receive multiples of those colors.

Fashion Designer
    I have all I need for potions 1 and 3 and am waiting on Ivy's Hut for the green wisps. I need 9 more green wisps to complete the event. I still need a few yellow wisps, but should have plenty of time to get those while waiting for the green. I noticed that the orange and yellow wisp drop rates were reduced. I also had been getting lucky dust with almost every chop of rock, but now I only get 5 per 20 chop stone. I should still be ok and complete the event and probably will be able to get the Clydesdale, too. I think this event has been more fun and less stressful. Tonight I did buy the energy/gem pack just because I didn't want to wait to get further ahead on my yellow wisps and lucky dust, but even if I hadn't I think I'd be able to complete. I didn't get a purple wisp every time, but maybe every other collection or 2 out of 3. I hope the rest of you are able to get the purple wisps you need. Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    My bad , yes one wisp per potion, what was I thinking?
    i don't know about you but speaking for myself I tend to overthink things, especially after a busy day or Dealing with insomnia. Hey! it happens.
    Also today has been a troll bandit bonanza! I mean I was getting one after another. Very surprised.
    The only thing I'm doing differently, which may be pure coincidence, is I have not been watching the crazy daily videos. They kept messing up and so I just gave up on them. They were getting to be more of a headache than anything.

Fashion Designer
    Judging by my neighbours and my progress, this event is more achievable for a lot of people. I have started to get a lot of requests for the lucky hats so people are working on the final stage. Not quite there yet myself but only need 1 more green wisp to complete level 5. Then just need the final 8 green and 2 more violet wisps to get the last potions. Violet wisp drop rates have been good lately for me. (Hope I haven't jinxed myself now!)

Still collecting lucky dust but that will be achievable waiting for Ivy and I can also focus on trying to get 8 more clovers to get the Clydesdale

Someone asked about what people are doing in the rest of their kingdoms during this. I collect from things that give useful / rare drops, like my cabbage huts, golden mines, beastbane etc but the rest is neglected ... Oh and I'm doing adventures as they give energy and I have everything they need in inventory
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 03-21-17 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Punctuation :)

Host(ess)
    Should get my horse by tomorrow and whatshername the day after, if my rates stay as they are. On average I'd say I had:

Red wisp: 25%
    Orange: 10%
    Yellow: 33%
    Green: 100%
    Blue: 100% (skunkupine 1-2% from rocks)
    Violet: 25%
    Dust: 20%
    Lucky coin: 2%
    Clover: 100% (15% spawn chance, mostly bandits with rare fangbeasts)

I think the spawn+drop rate calculations involve quite a few factors... game version, number of buildings and their level, your own level, even the time of the day. Would explain the huge variations everyone has noticed.

My two adventures yielded only a red, orange and yellow wisp, so decided to stop given that I was on track for those wisps, and didn't need to gamble and waste clovers for the other ones. Used 7 or 8 energy searching for wisps and dust, before attempting my 6 farmhouses for a bandit, rinse and repeat while ignoring everything else to save energy.

I usually don't bother with timed events but this was ok in the end. Will be glad to get back on track with the story, which will probably take a few days now that my resources are all messed up!
    DS old timer | CS why not | FS2 abandonner | DC meh

Executive Chef
    I have been ignoring my kingdom also (except for Sir Piggles and the stable, I need wool, lemons and apples).

I am now chopping rocks, colllecting from farmhouses.

I'm tapping on the mine but still no purple wisps, has anyone from S8 acknowledged there's a problem?

Rhino Keeper
    This is really where we need a Kingdom exchange system (I know it's possible as one or two of the other games do it). I still need a few red, orange and yellow wisps, but even assuming I can collect without missing and have a 100% drop rate from Ivy it will take me to Sunday morning to finish. I already have more purple wisps than I need, so by Sunday I will be awash with them. I'd happily trade for red or orange, or lucky dust from people with more energy than I. Or even swap for other items I need in my Kingdom. 5 purple dust for a trade ticket, or three for something I need for trading for tickets. Or a gold nugget for an expansion permit!

That would be much more useful than the silly leader board stuff. What about it S8? You could charge a trade rate if you wanted gems.

Farm Supplier
    No unlucky bandits spawned since Monday at the farmhouses, instead I get fang beasts every single time!!!!

I haven't had a single purple wisp from a sparkling mine in 6 collections whereas before I got at least 1 each time.

The game has slowed right down on what you get since the start of this week, and it's really annoying because it means I am even less likely to finish any of the tasks. Thanks a bunch S8, that means I have lost 20 gems because I won't get the ugly horse I was convinced would be a dead cert because of how quickly the spawn rate was.

Rhino Keeper
    I have just figured out I need another 270 gold dust. With maybe six per outcropping, that is 45 outcroppings. I'm going to go bankrupt from buying rocks! My people are going to revolt and I think I'm going to lose ruler status. At least Marie Antoinette got to have cake. All I get is rocks. Which I have to chop myself. Heck, forget losing my throne...they might lynch me! 😵