Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Has the lucky coin drop been turned OFF?!? Feels like it for me!! Feels like something is wrong. This is day 3 of not getting a single one! I had to buy 3 coins just to get an adventure done. All I've done since is mainly chop rocks and NO coins are showing up!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    I'm not sure that it's doable for me - still need 4 green wisps to get to level 5, and I haven't been lucky enough to get any from adventures. This one is a toughie, but I'm hoping that S8 will pull something out of the hat for those of us that can't always get to our games on the hour, every time.
    You know they will : A special pack with green wisps for $ 14.99 ! I have gone on 2 adventures with zero green wisps. With as hard as the (un)lucky coins are to get, there should be green wisps returned with every adventure.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I just realized I need 6 green wisps in 6 days. Not sure if I'll make it. ( without gemming). That's kinda a kick in the pants.
    Same here. I need 6 green. Fast reply from neighbours for hats - thank you all so much :-)

However I have had a drop of a green wisp everytime I have collected from Ivy's hut. Therefore should be able to collected 12 in 6 days - so should be doable.

If the hut stops dropping green wisp a I'm screwed. I won't spend gems.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I really wish the gold coin rate was higher too. Two of my daily alicorns dropped 100 each tonight so I had about 250 energy and I predominantly chopped rocks. Got 1 gold coin.... I'd definitely go on more adventures if the drop rate was higher. Happy there's still plenty of time left.

I was lucky enough to get loads of coins, clover and dust, but struggling to get enough purple wisps. I have the horse, but all he has dropped is horse manure. 
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-21-17 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Removed swearing which is not allowed. Please follow the forum rules.

Executive Chef
    Overall I am enjoying this event more than the recent ones and MUCH more than the leaderboard events. It has been fairly stress free for me and has included doing multiple things around my kingdom besides just chopping rocks which is great because I am maxed on EVERYTHING you can make with stones. I didn't find that chopping rocks for gold coins and doing adventures was a good strategy for me. My drop rate was very low and it took many more chops to get the coins to do the adventures than it was worth for the wisps. I did do three of four adventures but not tons. I focused on tending a lot of mushrooms and chickens and growing trees. The wisp drop rates from there were much more advantageous for me. I haven't focused at all on the clovers except the ones I need for the upgrade. I have had a monster on my board for the duration to decrease other monsters spawning. I was fortunate enough to have a load of skunkupine traps in my inventory that I have been hoarding for the elusive monster hunts. So I used those for blue wisps. I calculated how many I needed for each potion and just focused on that while I have been waiting on green wisps. I have had to gem speed ivy a little when I would be going to sleep but only by 2 gems or so and not every time. Now that I have the amount of potions 1 and 3 that I need for the next two levels, I am focusing on collecting the amount of yellow wisps from trees and dust from rocks now that I will need for the remaining potion 2 and am now starting to collect more clovers for the Clydesdale when I have extra energy. I do have to caveat this with the fact that I have a lot of daily Ali's so energy isn't a huge issue to me. I actually built up an Ali army for this purpose. So just another strategy for you guys out there, especially those of you that aren't having a good gold coin drop rate. I really don't think they are necessary. We have 7 days left which is 14 green wisps which is more than I need at the moment. I need 10 so it's totally doable. And I think I can probably manage two Clydesdales too with all of my farmhouses out and regular checking. Especially since the monster drops a cloverleaf every time.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Cafferati1 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get loads of coins, clover and dust, but struggling to get enough purple wisps. I have the horse, but all he has dropped is horse manure. ��
    Can everyone who hasn't seen purple wisps please post in the bugs thread? I am now at 3 days (72 hours) with only 2 wisps. There has to be a problem.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 03-21-17 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Updated quote

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Can everyone who hasn't seen purple wisps please post in the bugs thread? I am now at 3 days (72 hours) with only 2 wisps. There has to be a problem.
    I'm getting them, but very very rarely

Rhino Keeper
    I upgraded to level 5 just now. The amount needed for the final upgrade looks daunting but the only thing it requires is patience. I should be able to get the fairy-elf even though I have no chance of logging in tomorrow b/c real life gets in the way. Who knows, I even might get the horse in the end (even though it is kind of ugly and I will most definitely keep it in the darkest corner of my storage).

Executive Chef
    I need 8 green wisps to get to lvl 6. I guess s8 is teaching us about "patience" lol
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71