Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Rhino Keeper
    I don't think I have ever had so many requests from neighbours for hats:-)

This event seems to have been a success for most - it is certainly doable for me - just waiting for the last green wisps I need to drop.

Thanks S8 .

Farm Supplier
    I see some people are ready to make the last upgrade! Cool! I'm glad we don't need clever for the 6th upgrade. Now I can collect for pony. It's good that this time we don't need to hurry. I play with pleasure and know that I have time to make last upgrade. It's a pity that green wisps can be found only 2 times a day. I sent my nights to the adventure 3 times. 2times I collected all wisps. And the last time only red, orange and yellow. So I think there's no point to use nuggets and send knights to this adventure. It's a pity that all wisps are not guaranteed.
    Last edited by rainsunset; 03-23-17 at 01:18 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Murphy's Law in action. I used a couple of gems to speed up my mines so I could collect before bed. I got 0 purple wisps. Figures. :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    (Partial quote below)

farm houses: needs 10/12
    chickens: needs at least 15
    mines: collect at each collection from both mines, at different times seems more helpful.
    ivy's: each collection counts!
    skunkypines: plant at least 10 corns.. chop them and continue chopping a rock. before collection finishes 1 will appear.
    trees: calculate 1 or 2 per tree, but I've also seen 4/5
    energy: use all normal energy and don't let it overflow, do normal adventures as well, energy returns are much higher than usual. use lucky workshop, green house, visit nbrs.. anything that gives extra energy. Alis and daily Alis are precious.
    I think the numbers of various items that work depend on game play for each individual - there are no set numbers that are going to necessarily be right in all cases.

I only had 6 farmhouses out - and am about to put them away as I have all the clovers I need given I only want to craft one Clydesdale.

I only had 8 chickens out - 2 more than normal for me.

Never needed to plant crops for skunkupines as I was inundated with them from rock chopping.

I'll be going to the last day to do the final upgrade due to Ivy but can pretty much go back to normal game play for these last few days.

I just spent 50 gems on a lucky rock and didn't get 1 lucky coin. Very upsetting.

Farm Supplier
    Whoa and omg! This is my first post and I just had to write bc this is the most unexpected event for me to actually finish with time left to spare and not much frustration. I am a level 35 player and this is the first event that I have finished with still many days remaining! -big sigh of relief- last pond event I was unable to finish no matter how hard I tried or how much I played... it was impossible. Other events so far I have finished but it took a lot of constant game checking and down to the last day. I have been reading the forums for tips whenever doing these events and thank you to all who post and help. This event has been different for many people as I have been reading and the level requirements are a change as well. As a lower level player with only 6 daily alicorns which rarely give much energy, it was a pleasant surprise for me. I don't think I would have been able to finish if I was in the higher level bracket. Just to share my experience I had the most trouble getting violet wisps and orange ones. I was worried about the blue as well bc no skunkupines were showing up but I kept chopping rocks and eventually they sprang up here and there but I got many many trolls. So I got the skunkupines from only chopping rocks and being patient. I was also in the lucky category of players who got the lucky gold with each rock chop. First few days I didn't get any then all of a sudden the lucky gold just sprang up each time. I forgot exactly how many adventures I went on but I think it was approx 5 and most of them gave me the green wisp which was also how I was able to finish early and sry I didn't keep accurate track but I also received purple wisps as well (but green and red and orange were the most then yellow and purple). My main strategy was to focus on just getting the fairy and enough clovers to upgrade the waterfall and for the few adventures. i think I was very very lucky with this event and overall drop rates as well as wisps from adventures. By no means was it easy but it was in the realm of POSSIBLE and still challenging which I really appreciated for a change. I liked how neighbor requests were given at the same time while still gathering for the last upgrade. For this event I also liked how there was a cushion and not down to the last wire. I still don't have the horse but I'm going to try and hopefully the bandit rate is reasonable and fair for me to finish with the time remaining. I have a gold mine I invested in but I'm glad that S8 gave a chance for those who are struggling for gold to get some with the fairy (assuming it's not false advertising and gold stuff really does drop on a regular basis!) I'm also glad that this event was separated into brackets of high and lower levels but from what it sounds like with the drop rates and Ivy's hut it doesn't seem fair for higher levels. Sadly once I reach 36 I think I will be placed in the higher level bracket if s8 continues this for future events. I want to think that s8 is not some evil greedy company and they did this so lower level players can get the hang of events but who knows. Either way for both brackets it realllllllly should be fair and reasonable and doable without tons of alicorns or gem spending or having it down to the last wire even if playing constantly. Even if it is difficult to accommodate the varying differences among players, event drop rates should be RELIABLE and events should have a reasonable day or two of a cushion so players can play stress free and enjoy the game. Oh btw I liked that we got to gather from resources like mushrooms and chickens...I just wish cows were included instead of mushrooms so I could do the exchange. But that is just my personal preference since I didn't think I would finish early and due to energy constraints I didn't gather from anything that was not related to the event. Good luck to everyone!

Rhino Keeper
    I have not finished yet, still waiting on two more collections from Ivy to complete my green potions, but I loved this event. Yes there's a lot of chopping involved but other variety too. Love the Clydesdale! I think the event has ample time to finish, with the only difficulty being Ivy that needs religious collecting twice a day. I did get the rest of my wisps from adventures and collections.
    This event has a nice pace, is well spread out over the week and has enough variety with collecting, chopping, crafting, fighting bandits. Well done! I hope to see more of these!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rebanne View Post
    I just spent 50 gems on a lucky rock and didn't get 1 lucky coin. Very upsetting.
    Been ther, done that!

It's interesting how different all the players experiences are.
    I'm still way off getting this one done. I have 12 farmhouses out, masses of chickens and have been collecting all through the quest as much as I can within my work constraints. My spawn rate for trolls is just dismal, I can go through all 12 more than once with no trolls, but plenty of dire boars or fang beasts. My mines have produced similarly low results, no purples from the last 36 hours......and this was the case earlier in the week as well.
    Ivy is a bit better but still not giving a green wisp on every collection.
    I have sent off the knights adventure 4x but only get red yellow or orange wisps back, non of the more difficult ones! Still needing more blues too.
    I'm currently trying for the last of the (green) potion 2 for the L4 to L5 upgrade, but then still need another 8 for the final one which is looking doubtful at the current levels as well as more 1's and 3's.
    No chance for the Clydesdale unless something changes significantly on spawn rates as just not enough time or energy available to get the clovers.
    All that said I'm still enjoying this quest more than any of the more recent ones.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    I think the numbers of various items that work depend on game play for each individual - there are no set numbers that are going to necessarily be right in all cases.

I only had 6 farmhouses out - and am about to put them away as I have all the clovers I need given I only want to craft one Clydesdale.

I only had 8 chickens out - 2 more than normal for me.

Never needed to plant crops for skunkupines as I was inundated with them from rock chopping.

I'll be going to the last day to do the final upgrade due to Ivy but can pretty much go back to normal game play for these last few days.
    of course there are many ways.. my suggestion was what I used. the important fact is... if you're missing a certain material in your collection.. just add more possibilities to collect from, obviously if you can.
    chickens gave me a very low rate of collections, so I put out more.. my usual 8 gave me nothing.
    more farm houses gave me more possibilities to spawn bandits.. thus giving more clovers used for adventures (hoping to find green wisps) before Ivy's collection times and also.. I'm planning 2 lucky horses, so need more.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 03-23-17 at 05:41 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74