Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Rhino Keeper
    I really enjoyed this event... Not so much the rock & tree chopping or tending of stuff but the fact that it was doable. I just recently upgraded to level 26 mid way through the event so I qualified for the low-level requirements. This is the first event I've been able to complete since I began playing in Oct '16 and I thought it was fair. Most low-level players don't have any Alis, wizard schools or energy crates so it's more difficult to get stuff done in terms of energy. That and a bit of luck was the only thing necessary to complete this goal. I also think the time limit was on point and am sure I would've finished the goal even without the lower requirements, as I've still got plenty of left over resources. The only thing I haven't been able to craft is the lucky Clydesdale but I do only have 3 farmhouses out. I didn't have to play all day either... Maybe a max of 6 hours tending and chopping key items throughout the day was enough. I really hope the next timed events are just as doable without the ridiculous amount of rare materials that have been required to even begin past goal quests... I know some people say low-level players shouldn't participate on timed-goals when that's the case, but how is that a solution? It's no fun to play a game you can't fully participate in even if you play constantly due to the lack of rare materials. Low-level players can buy gems and gem their way through hard to complete timed-events but that's no fun and not reasonable, so I say good job S8 for making the materials available to anyone who's willing to put in the time to play and participate in this event! ☺️��

Rhino Keeper
    I can no longer be bothered reading all the posts anymore regarding this game.
    I will not achieve the final goal for this event, I do not have enough Green Wisps from Ivy's Hut, I know I did not get drops from all my visits but will be short 4.
    I tired to complete this event but it contained the two elements that I really hate and find boring, raising/chopping trees and chopping rocks. Now look at this event and what are the primary actions required?
    IMO this event shows something is up with the staff at S8, reusing images from previous events, limited variety in actions and dialogue, main building for the event is poor quality, it looks as if it was designed for a smaller base then they decided to increase from 3x3 to 4x4. I am sure the designer put effort into this but for me it definitely is not up to earlier efforts by S8.
    Anyway after this event I will return to my final part of the Faerie storyline and then I believe I will leave it as the past few events have not been inspiring or motivating for me to continue.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by EvieandIzzie View Post
    I will not achieve the final goal for this event, I do not have enough Green Wisps from Ivy's Hut, I know I did not get drops from all my visits but will be short 4.
    I tired to complete this event but it contained the two elements that I really hate and find boring, raising/chopping trees and chopping rocks. Now look at this event and what are the primary actions required?
    IMO this event shows something is up with the staff at S8, reusing images from previous events, limited variety in actions and dialogue, main building for the event is poor quality, it looks as if it was designed for a smaller base then they decided to increase from 3x3 to 4x4. I am sure the designer put effort into this but for me it definitely is not up to earlier efforts by S8.
    Anyway after this event I will return to my final part of the Faerie storyline and then I believe I will leave it as the past few events have not been inspiring or motivating for me to continue.
    Wow, I feel bad for you... I got a wisps each time I visited Ivy's hut. Storm8 REALLY needs to cut out the randomness of the game. It's not fair to people who play this game, and not being able to finish the goal because of "random drops". Random/rare drops should not be on timed goals!!!

Quote Originally Posted by candie1230 View Post
    Wow, I feel bad for you... I got a wisps each time I visited Ivy's hut. Storm8 REALLY needs to cut out the randomness of the game. It's not fair to people who play this game, and not being able to finish the goal because of "random drops". Random/rare drops should not be on timed goals!!!
    Try as I might, I find it nearly impossible to ever complete these challenges even when I spend money on gems. The upgrade just requires more of the impossible to obtain. Limited results from chopping rocks and trees, too few bandits and too many boars and wolves which uses my energy. I understand the needs to make money on these games, but why are the challenges next to impossible to achieve? Every time I say no more then I get hopeful and I end up wasting my time and money. The last upgrade for the rainbow and fairy requires a way too high amount of wisps to meet and I only have 24 hours left. Very annoying that they make these challenges so hard to achieve and I will no longer spend good money on this stupid game! I've wasted my last hard earned dollar playing! And I totally agree regarding the random drops on a timed game! Either drop every time or stop timing!

Quote Originally Posted by EvieandIzzie View Post
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm done with this game and the impossible challenges. I've played it for years but I'm sick of the impossible goals and limited opportunities the game provides to win the challenges! I've wasted my last dollar and my last minute on this game!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gingeronie View Post
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm done with this game and the impossible challenges. I've played it for years but I'm sick of the impossible goals and limited opportunities the game provides to win the challenges! I've wasted my last dollar and my last minute on this game!!
    And the unfair slant - like when some people got cherry trees and some didn't during the last event (I didn't). Some people had good drops and some of us would use up 40 energy and get nothing.

So I was out of the country when all this went down. Got the notification for the game when I got home. When I accepted play I assumed I would get the standard 10 days but I only received 4. I have mananged to upgrade the rainbow falls to level 4 but I have less than 24 hours now so there is no way to complete this. in hindsight I guess I shouldn't have hit play. Have spent a fair amount of gems to get this far. My suggestion to the game makers would be to have a pop up window warning you of your time left or not offer the game. The lucky coins have been few and far between for the adventures. Maybe 1 in 60 chops. So definitely rough when under the time constraint. Should get a double rainbow though.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree. Random drops have always been the reason that I dont complete these. For some reason the event was on my side and I managed to complete it.

It wasn't random for me either, every visit to Ivy's hut yielded a green wisp. It was the same with Skunkupines, every **** yielded a blue wisp.

For those who aren't able to complete this event, don't feel bad. Ms Aideen (the Leprechaun Fairy) doesn't drop gold items on every visit, her drops are pretty random and mostly on the lame side. As for the Lucky Clydesdale, it's even worse. All it's done so far is shed hair all over my kingdom. At least the Jousting Steed from the first leaderboard event drops useful items while shedding its hair.

Rhino Keeper
    A few days ago I didn't think I would finish because of Ivy's Hut. I kept collecting and chopping (and chopping and chopping and chopping) and focused on the horse. I got it. Did a few of the adventures to get some of the needed items since I had plenty of coins. Yesterday, I knew I would get Aideen too. Finished the event this afternoon (with a moment of panic when I placed her and both she and the fountain disappeared).

I have just about had it with chopping trees and rocks, but at least this was more like the events when I first joined--doable for me with some work. For those who had more random drops of the needed items, I can identify with you too. That's how it's been for me with most events lately.