Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 3/16 update - Somewhere over the Rainbow | *EXPIRED*

Host(ess)
    For once, I thought I'd be able to finish an event but nope. Unless I spend some $$ now (which I refuse to since every event makes me want to quit), there is no way I can complete this event due to the lack of green wisps. I really didn't want to rant but nearly every event in S8 games are impossible to complete for those with a full time job and it's just so frustrating. These ridiculous events are the reason why I deleted all other S8 games like Farm Story 2. I play Castle Story because I really like the graphics but I'm not sure why I even bother wasting my time when there are tons of other games where I actually enjoy completing the events.

Rhino Keeper
    Finally got the last clover. The unlucky bandits were getting scarce, so it took me a lot of time to get the last ones needed for the horse. In 45 minutes I will be able to welcome Aideen in my kingom.
    It was hard work, but for me doable without spending gems.
    Of course a lot of violet wisps are dropping, since I don't need them anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    I have gotten a lucky bandit after upgrading to level 6 (only 1 but I am ignoring my farmhouses now)
    Thank you!

Banned
    Ridiculous. This game came out over my spring break so I have had time to click endlessly. I was doing fine until the end and they made the ridiculous demand of eight of those potions each. Then they made the drops rarer - I had to click endlessly to get one skunk. To get it through gems I would have to spend $50.00 which is a stupid amount. Go back to the games that it is possible to win without a boatload of gems.

Farm Supplier
    I just had to put in a quick 'I agree'. I have been playing Castle Story since almost the beginning, I have the Love Shack for example. This quest was as tedious as many recently when all thats required was constant upgrading and getting the same items over and over again. I saw neighbors requesting the hats so thought, great, that's the last step. I just got to the last step to find I now need 8 of everything. I officially give up. What a shame.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    It wasn't random for me either, every visit to Ivy's hut yielded a green wisp. It was the same with Skunkupines, every **** yielded a blue wisp.

For those who aren't able to complete this event, don't feel bad. Ms Aideen (the Leprechaun Fairy) doesn't drop gold items on every visit, her drops are pretty random and mostly on the lame side. As for the Lucky Clydesdale, it's even worse. All it's done so far is shed hair all over my kingdom. At least the Jousting Steed from the first leaderboard event drops useful items while shedding its hair.
    Right! The leprechaun fairy didn't drop anything good so far and I've collect it at least 4 times by now.. Had a black banner about jewel which I'm maxed out but that's the best I've got so far. I was able to get 2 lucky Clydesdale and they haven't drop anything good neither, only horse hair. I only find them good looking. As for the rainbow river what a shame! It's not even nice, takes too much space and drops nothing at all! Going into storage soon.

I'm getting so tired too of these energy and time eating events that doesn't even give good worthy prizes in the end. I'm pregnant and staying home plus my husband also plays with me and we find these event almost impossible to complete. I'm debating wether to quit this game I've been playing since 2013! I can only imagine those who works full time jobs... It used to be a fun game but not so much anymore.

And those leaderboard events.. Also time and energy eaters and unless you spend lots of gems you don't even get close to the 1st places -I guess I was lucky in the 1st event as I got the 2nd place and got the jousting steed but worked very hard and used up all my energy and runes on it. On the 2nd event S8 did it on purpose to put everything you need to craft in the magic forge which cannot be speed up with boost (not that I had any runes left..!), pretty deceiving!

Quote Originally Posted by rulerofjennyville View Post
    I went the opposite route thoough it was the fairy I wanted. I knew I would never get her (two days to go and I still need three green potions, four purple and two red/orange. So I decided something was better than nothing and went for the horse. This is the forth contest in a row where I don't get the prize after years of always getting the prize. I'm not about to spend another dime until they stop with these impossible contests.
    I totally agree with you. Have spent my fair share on this game over the years but now unable to complete the quests. I might get the horse as I only need 2 clover and there's seven hours to go but my purple wisps not dropping at all from my mine. There's really no incentive to play when on level 50 and fully extended when the events are timed ALL the time. Might be time stop playing as so many of my neighbours have!!!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Help! I gathered 30 clovers and then it prompted me to Summons the Clydesdale which took me to the workshop and now it shows I only have 10 clovers and need 30! Is that right???

Executive Chef
    Can someone clarify that I've got this straight please.

I need 6 of each colour potion to complete the goal and get Aideen and then I need 2 more of each color potion to level up the Rainbow River to level 6, which is the final level?

I just want to make sure because I'm still trying to beat the clock and finish this up and with only six hours left it's cutting it close, no room for error.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by msmorg View Post
    Help! I gathered 30 clovers and then it prompted me to Summons the Clydesdale which took me to the workshop and now it shows I only have 10 clovers and need 30! Is that right???
    It takes 30 clovers to summon the Clydesdale. If you leveled up your rainbow river before going to the work shop to craft it, it's possible you used some of your shamrocks on that, for example when you level up to level 5 it required 4 shamrocks to do that. Did you level up before you summoned the Clydesdale?
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)