Thread: Collecting Gold...

Fashion Designer

Collecting Gold...

Has anyone noticed that you can only collect gold every 24 hours? I used to be able to collect every 12 hours, but not anymore!

Rhino Keeper
    No, I haven't observed any changes in the amount of gold each dragon produces. However, I did lose one gold from each treasure habitat this morning because I forgot the clocks moved forward by an hour today.

Fashion Designer
    Bet Benjamin Franklin thinks he should have thought that idea through a bit more. Wonder how many Gold Bars that time change cost S8?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartoled View Post
    Bet Benjamin Franklin thinks he should have thought that idea through a bit more. Wonder how many Gold Bars that time change cost S8?
    I don't know, but I hate only collecting once a day!

Fashion Designer
    Update: 3/13/17 12:05pm
    I can now collect every 12 hours.
    BUT, not before 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by MajicHearts View Post
    Update: 3/13/17 12:05pm
    I can now collect every 12 hours.
    BUT, not before 12 hours.
    When you say "collect every 12 hours" do you mean an icon pops up allowing you to tap once on the habitat to collect from it? If so then it's possible the time shift threw you off by an hour. Note that you can collect gold anytime you want as long as there is at least one full bar of gold ready to collect. You select the habitat and an icon on the bottom right should show you how many gold bars are "finished" and tapping that should collect the gold. However if you do your collections this way, you will be throwing away any half-finished gold bars at the time of collection (ie. half bars do not carry over)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    When you say "collect every 12 hours" do you mean an icon pops up allowing you to tap once on the habitat to collect from it? If so then it's possible the time shift threw you off by an hour. Note that you can collect gold anytime you want as long as there is at least one full bar of gold ready to collect. You select the habitat and an icon on the bottom right should show you how many gold bars are "finished" and tapping that should collect the gold. However if you do your collections this way, you will be throwing away any half-finished gold bars at the time of collection (ie. half bars do not carry over)
    Appreciate the info. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    The easiest way I have found to keep track of when to collect my gold without losing any of these half-bars is to put a habitat with regular dragons nearby your gold habitats. Whenever it is time to collect my gold, I change the name of one of those regular type dragons in that nearby habitat to the day/time that I collected my gold. For example, that regular dragons name would say "Tue@1042". That way, I can see that at 1042pm on Tuesday night, I can collect again without losing half bars of gold. When I collect at anytime past 1042pm, I change the dragons name again...

Hope that makes sense!
    As of September 30th, 2017:

Level 198
    $1,067,000,000+ coins
    870,000+ food
    291 neighbors
    17,893 Gold (all earned, none bought!)
    561 unique dragons, to include:
    52 Champion dragons
    11 out of 13 Gold dragons
    8 Diamond dragons
    206/235 habitats filled