Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Leaderboard - The Spring Faire! 6 day event | EXPIRED

Farm Supplier
    Hello together

I'm playing this leaderboard events more or less only for the goals in between and I would definitely not buy gems (I anyway don't buy gems as long there is no conformation button for gem use) ..

My biggest problem with all this events is my energy .. I have only two not yet fully upgraded wizard schools, but no allies or anything else .. that's why I have a question: are there some possibilities to get allies or other energy sources?

I went through different threads and the hub but as far as I could see, there are all some goals from expired events and not longer achievable .. is that right? or did I miss something?

And then I also checked dragons and saw that they also gives energy (what could be a point to put more effort in this event) .. but is energy from dragons a rare drop or a common one?

And last but not least ... I just get the eleven outpost some days before .. as far as I could see there is no way to check for what the trade is for .. or could I see somewhere which runes and how much I will get for the deliveries? Sometimes they want really a lot of special stuff and in return they gave me 9 bronze runes .. what a rubbish!

thanks a lot

Host(ess)
    Ellie - I like your post and it is similar to how I approach games. I played at the top end of a MMO and have had to quit them. That game had become a second job, but one I paid to have.

I spent gems to get 1st in the first LB event and was very disappointed with the horse. I told myself I wouldn't do that this time and just do regular play. It ****ed something inside me to be sitting in the middle of that leader board though. My competitive nature took hold and I jumped up to 1st yesterday. Then overnight 2 others jumped past me. There are 4 of us obviously spending gems and it will likely come down to who chops trees the fastest as the event ends tomorrow. It's sad for whichever of us don't get those 2 top spots.

Quote Originally Posted by 8pry8 View Post
    Hello together

I'm playing this leaderboard events more or less only for the goals in between and I would definitely not buy gems (I anyway don't buy gems as long there is no conformation button for gem use) ..

My biggest problem with all this events is my energy .. I have only two not yet fully upgraded wizard schools, but no allies or anything else .. that's why I have a question: are there some possibilities to get allies or other energy sources?

I went through different threads and the hub but as far as I could see, there are all some goals from expired events and not longer achievable .. is that right? or did I miss something?

And then I also checked dragons and saw that they also gives energy (what could be a point to put more effort in this event) .. but is energy from dragons a rare drop or a common one?

And last but not least ... I just get the eleven outpost some days before .. as far as I could see there is no way to check for what the trade is for .. or could I see somewhere which runes and how much I will get for the deliveries? Sometimes they want really a lot of special stuff and in return they gave me 9 bronze runes .. what a rubbish!

thanks a lot
    The only way to get extra sources of energy are to purchase alicorns with gems (watch for sales) and hope they start updating the barons tent again. Occasionally they put a daily alicorn in there. If you have the trade wagon and the mythic research center, there are 2 different daily Ali's that can be crafted there, for a total of 4 all together. (1 glimmer/purple and 4 armored) but that is dependent on if we EVER have anymore monster hunts, as they require troll tokens.

The dragons drop energy only very occasionally, and I've never gotten more than 5 energy from a dragon. Of course we don't know yet what this dragon will drop.

Sir pigglesworth has the possibility to drop energy (very rare, but I collect from him often in case) and the alicolts will occasionally drop 5 energy if you have any of those.(they're from limited quests too)

As for the greedy elves, there's a thread devoted to them. As of now, they will not tell you what you're getting as payment until after you fill their requests (in other words, too late to make an informed decision) and gold runes are the rarest of the rare payments. My advice it to just not trade anything that isn't easily or quickly replaceable.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CozyWarmCafe View Post
    I stopped at 3011 points. I have my satyr, let the chips fall where they may. I'm currently in third place, but I don't expect to stay there. Honestly, I don't care. The trade tickets are a joke...it would take less time and effort to earn them by doing normal play, like collecting milk and eggs. I'm fairly certain this is my last LB event. It wasn't fun and depleted my resources, but I didn't spend a single gem. Ha, take that Storm8!!! Now I'm free to go back to normal play, hooray!
    I got the same point & I stopped there too. I was 7th, not sure now lol
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    The only way to get extra sources of energy are to purchase alicorns with gems (watch for sales) and hope they start updating the barons tent again. Occasionally they put a daily alicorn in there. If you have the trade wagon and the mythic research center, there are 2 different daily Ali's that can be crafted there, for a total of 4 all together. (1 glimmer/purple and 4 armored) but that is dependent on if we EVER have anymore monster hunts, as they require troll tokens.

The dragons drop energy only very occasionally, and I've never gotten more than 5 energy from a dragon. Of course we don't know yet what this dragon will drop.

Sir pigglesworth has the possibility to drop energy (very rare, but I collect from him often in case) and the alicolts will occasionally drop 5 energy if you have any of those.(they're from limited quests too)

As for the greedy elves, there's a thread devoted to them. As of now, they will not tell you what you're getting as payment until after you fill their requests (in other words, too late to make an informed decision) and gold runes are the rarest of the rare payments. My advice it to just not trade anything that isn't easily or quickly replaceable.

Thanks a lot for this detailed info!!
    I read about the mythic research center .. and as I understand it, the mythic research center has first to be crafted from the trade wagon, but my trade wagon, hasn't this option (I could only craft a cooking camp, a second gabbage hut (I wished, I had enough gems for the first one ) and lorelei's sapphire) .. so I guess the mythic research center was also from an event and not achievable any longer

.. at the moment the barons tent is not really an option, because I'm still saving my gems for the gabbage hut ..

And yeah .. I guess I would not longer trade special sources with the elves .. I hoped that rarer sources brings more luck for gold runes .. but since now, I get even from really worthy trades only bronze runes. Whereas I get once from a trade with more or less easy stuff 2 gold runes. So it seems the runes are totally random and not linked with the worth from the delivery.

Edit: I just saw that there is a rainbow alicorn to buy in the rune market, needs 10 gold runes, which I don't have, but anyway, does somebody know if this also drops energy?
    (I didn't find the rainbow alicorn in the hub .. only that the rainbow pot drops sometimes energy and on the backside of the rainbow alicorn is wirtten 'if you're lucky, it might have a Rainbow Pot for you' .. but does it only drops energy over the rare chance of the pot or also regularly?
    Last edited by 8pry8; 03-12-17 at 01:32 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Somehow I have a very uncompetitive group. The members of the group have not changed from the start but there is a distinct lack of competition.

The top score is now 2000 ( I guess they could have reached that score just by playing the game normally given there is one day and a few hours left) and I am still 19th with a score of zero.

So... It's hard for me to tell what's actually going on but to me it seems to me at the very least my group players are not interested in LB events.

Nobody in my group seems to particularly want the satyr or really bothered to come first

Me too.... I just want the story line back.
    Last edited by scavaig; 03-12-17 at 01:54 PM.

Banned
    Meh, I was second and now I'm fifth. I don't care. I won't get that satre or whatever it is either. I'm sick of contests I can't compete in without reasonable effort and no gems.

Rhino Keeper
    @Ellie

If you ever have a fan club, I'm in.

I'm first but my group also is very uncompetitive. I didn't participate in the last LG challenge and only got like 2 points overall last time. I'm only participating now because I've never had a dragon. But, if they do this again I don't think I'll participate. Even if the prize is an alicorn, I like the wizard schools way better than the alicorn.

Farm Supplier
    My group is also uncompetitive, no one is racing ahead, and several of us are constantly swapping over in the top 3 places.

I was the first player to break through the 1500 point mark just now, and got a 25 energy crate from the mystery chest (whoo-hooo - just what I wanted!)