Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Leaderboard - The Spring Faire! 6 day event | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I seem to get a lot of the 20 point masks, that take 4 hrs to craft. Yuck
    I would like to see more tea trades.
    On a positive note, I like the looks of the overgrown fountain. I didn't think I would.
    Me too, much more requests for spiritual seeds and masks as well as dried flowers than tea and fur satchels. I also had requests for glimmerdust, living wood, wisps and sap, I think. The fact that no matter how fully stocked up you are, you start running low on glimmerdusts, fur, living wood and sap etc... so you can't keep stocking up on deliveries and delivering them all at one go. It will be difficult for people to suddenly jump tens of thousands of points with a single boost in the last 2 hours when they deliver loads of items. Unless of course they buy lots of cherry trees and have dozens of alicorns.

A few on my leaderboard use boosts daily, I noticed points suddenly increasing by 2000 in a boost per day have decreased to 1000 today so deliveries must be reduced due to lack of resources.
    Last edited by zoroak; 03-10-17 at 11:20 AM.

Executive Chef
    So this is the first time I've really participated in the LB event (I took a break from the game last year and I'm just back a few weeks) I love the look of the over grown fountain and I really love the Satyr, I've no interest in the dragon, it only looks okay and I certainly don't want a trophy?! I think it's strange that's even a prize or am I missing something there? Anyway, I've quit already...lol. This isn't for me.

I buy and spend gems but not on this kind of event and never 'against' a fellow player.... if they want something bad enough to gem it all the way to 9,000 points they've got it. I don't like being lumped into a group with a player like that, it's just not an even playing field. It doesn't make me competitive or make me want to buy gems, it just bores me. I had decided to stop at 3,000 points as other players here have suggested... I only really want the Satyr too, but I won't even make it that far, the living wood is my problem. I had 99 when I started this event and I'm now down to 29... I decided to stop. I'll never replace them as quick as I'm using them and they're so hard to get to begin with, I just couldn't keep using them. I'm getting a lot of deliveries for the masks, some 4hr timed deliveries for living wood - which I did once and regretted it - 10 living wood for 30 points...meh. Maybe for a hundred points. I'm currently building the Royal Maze Garden so I need those living wood.

Without delivering the masks I won't make it to 3,000 points. I'll keep delivering the easier stuff as I have time and see how it goes but I'm not pushed about it now. If I'm not gonna get to the Satyr there's no real point giving away all my resources, nothing I'm doing is helping the community either, it's all just for personal goals so it just doesn't interest me or make sense to me to babysit my iPad for this kind of event.
    A community event with these prizes would have been nice.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Executive Chef
    I think the people who decide to purchase the most cherry trees will be the winners. Fairly cheap at 20 gems and a great return on points.
    I'm not even sure I'll make it to 3000 or not. If not that's ok.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I think the people who decide to purchase the most cherry trees will be the winners. Fairly cheap at 20 gems and a great return on points.
    I'm not even sure I'll make it to 3000 or not. If not that's ok.
    Yeah the trees aren't bad, if at the end of the event the Satyr is within my reach (after casual play) I'll chop the two free trees I got, I'd consider buying a few more if I needed them because I'd really like to get her. On a plus, I just got 181 points from a chest so I'll at least reach the overgrown fountain. Currently 936 points, my delivery is still looking for living wood from me.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not sure if I'll make it to the satyr because 3000 shields is a lot to do and I'm not half way there yet. I might use a few gems to get a boost towards the end if I'm nearly there - I've still got a tree to use up (though I'd quite like to keep it and have it out on the board) and might try a bit of stockpiling or lining up three 30 shield trades ready go, but think that it's a bit risky. It's hard not to run out of the other things needed to make the items. Trying not to use any gems though - better to save them for something I really want.

It looks as if everyone in my group is playing a similar game at the moment. Almost everyone is participating, but no-one has gone crazy with the shields.
    It's annoying that most of us won't get the dragon, but if you ignore this divisive element I'm actually quite enjoying this challenge and making the different items. I'd still prefer us to get story updates though. Or even a monster hunt - and I can't believe I'd EVER wish for a monster hunt!

Executive Chef
    I agree with not wanting to spend gems to beat a fellow player. Now if I was working towards my own goal of getting the dragon, I'd be more willing to do that. I like the quests where the final prize is possible for all players who are willing to put the time and effort and even gems to get it. S8 needs to see that most of us players probably feel that way. Seems like a win win situation. To me anyway.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Just to confirm, the dragon is an actual dragon, even though it kind of looks like a topiary!

Fashion Designer
    good time for my phone to be down cause I'm not a fan of the weird items in this event!

Fashion Designer
    MAybe it's just me but I DON'T CARE too much about items dropping stuff or not. for me the point is beauty. If it costs a little real money for say a giant golden hummingbird sundial, it's still WAY WAY less then in real life lol so for you virtual landscape enthusiasts [like me] I care more about decor value than function

Is anyone else finding the points are acting wonky? Last night I had 1784 points, I collected from a maple tree and nothing else, and when I checked again I had 1785.
    Earlier today I had one energy left so I chopped the cherry tree and it gave me 8 points. As soon as I had more energy I chopped again and it gave me another 8 points then when back to giving 4 points a chop. And just now I chopped an entire rock outcropping and got 7 points. (Started with 1953 and ended with 1960)
    I know I read that rocks are supposed to give a point every other chop, so it should have been 10 points.

I'm not complaining because I did get the extra from the cherry tree. Just very confused.

Ps. It's nice to know the dragon is a real dragon and not a topiary. I may be in the minority, but I like its unique look. It's a shame it's not available for everyone. I would definitely consider spending gems for it if it were in the market or part of a real update, but I won't use gems to beat out other players for it. Plus, I refuse to financially support these types of events. #playingnotcompeting
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 03-10-17 at 04:16 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending