Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Leaderboard - The Spring Faire! 6 day event | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    I'm no.12 and the person after me only needs 15 points to get the satyr. Too bad, just 15 points ...
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    I think S8 should improve the quality of the 3rd prizes.
    I would be glad of anything for my third place instead of Zilch.

Rhino Keeper
    For anyone having a problem with not receiving their prize, just force close your game and reload. This is what I ended up doing and it worked. Not happy about players coming in the game in the last few minutes and going from 3000 points to over 5000! So now we have to stockpile until the end, that seems a little unfair!

Nightclub Owner
    Is anyone else having trouble storing the cherry trees?

Fashion Designer
    So for the players who coordinated to all get either 1st or 2nd place, did it work? Did u all get the dragon ? Just curious, I
    Hope it did work I hate LB events don't like completing but coordinating with other players to get 2nd place would be more like a community. Although challenging to make that work. That is if S8 doesn't change it next time so that it won't work if it did. Thanks for sharing info.
    Name: Tybug

I think what we are seeing here is the effect of the large Storm8 layoffs last month. I think we have overworked and overstressed S8 staff making mistakes. They seem to have forgotten that CS is played worldwide (not just in California), and so if the Baron sends out gifts worth hundreds of points just a few hours before the game ends at 4PM Pacific, there are lots of players worldwide who were asleep and missed using the gifts. Not to mention the California people who can't play while they are at work, so they missed the gifts too. And if the gifts really did only go to Android and not iOS players, well, it just confirms that junior S8 staff are making mistakes.

Other players have made excellent comments about how S8 needs to put more effort into the main CS storyline, and less time on poorly designed events. If S8 is really desperate for money, why not run a special promotion? I'd be willing to spend $5 for 40 gems (instead of the regular 120 gems) AND a promise to deliver a new Agnes and Old Thomas storyline in the next 30 days, assuming the special promotion raises at least $25,000 (or whatever S8 needs to make payroll).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikospets View Post
    For anyone having a problem with not receiving their prize, just force close your game and reload. This is what I ended up doing and it worked. Not happy about players coming in the game in the last few minutes and going from 3000 points to over 5000! So now we have to stockpile until the end, that seems a little unfair!
    That could be someone chopping cherry trees.

I appreciate everyone who shared the idea. I messaged the top seven people today letting them know I wasn't going for first and I'd be happy to tie for third... one player took me up on it, others didn't reply.

We tied, I accidentally got a beast, we tied again and ended that way. Takes a little trust but I had a few items ready for trade and three trees to chop with full energy and wizard schools... I was definitely checking every minute toward the end to make sure s/he wasn't trying to sneak past me! If s/he did I surely would have woken a sleep-eating baby with furious tapping and force closing.

Executive Chef
    i ended 10 but happy with the energie and ostara
    my baby account (level 27 LOL) ended 1st with only about 300 points LOL but it was in a group with lots of zero.
    the dragon is really ugly and big ! LOL
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by KazLnd36 View Post
    I noticed the same, I was in second with no one within 900 points of me with 15 minutes left. Now that the event closed, I'm 4th - where did these other players come from since I do not think it's possible generate 1000 points in 15 minutes. Another poorly orchestrated event from S8.
    It is not difficult to gain 1000 points in a few minutes. As others have pointed out, if you build up some reserves of the event items (I had between 5 and 10 of each item) and use the 25 gem boost (for three times the score), it is easy to earn thousands of points in just a few minutes. I did that twice in this round and only sold goods when the boost was active, ad the first time used up almost all of the energy from my 30+ Alicorns chopping rocks (which gives you triple points for that also). I finished with almost 5k points, after only playing the event for 2 days.

It is a really unfair challenge for people that don't want to spend the gems for the boost, and I think it is about the only way you will ever be able to come in first or second in this kind of an event. It's obviously geared to make people spend gems. I had decided I wasn't going to participate in this event at all after the last event like this was such a bust with players with 20k and 30k points taking the lead, but then I noticed that I was in a less aggressive cluster this time with the highest score about 2500 points on Saturday morning, so I decided to go all out and floor it with non-stop production of all the "special" items - and I won first place!

It entirely depends on the group of people you are competing against and your willingness to spend gems to get there and hope that you are the only person making that last-minute push!