View Poll Results: Did you finish the Frog Prince event?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I got the Frog Prince

73 42.69%
  • No I didn't get the Frog Prince

98 57.31%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you finish the Frog Prince event?

New Resident
    NO!! Failed to get the frog because of low beastling spawn rate.

I got 2 kitties fully upgraded pond and the frog .I used about 50 gems and bought the Value Pack I enjoyed this event I liked the anticipation of waiting to click on Ivy's hut and the mines to see if we would the kitty or a dire bore.i do work full time and during the day i can only can play on my on my 30 min lunch yes it can be frustrating at times but for me Castle Story is just a game I thoroughly enjoy.

I gave up after getting the lily pond to level 7. I play regularly, but not during work hours. I was able to craft the kitty and I felt triumphant to be able to get that accomplished. I did the math and just knew, with the dismal spawn rate coupled with my inability to babysit the game, that this quest was just not going to be completed. I'm not bitter about how it all turned out. It's very disappointing though. No continuation of the main story line...just coin dropping HUGE deco and lots of chopped rocks and pond water.

I used to buy gems regularly... I haven't bought in months because of the ridiculous quests. Yes, I know we can choose to do them or not, just as we can do what we like about gems. The current version of the game is not what attracted me to it in the first place, and I shall not buy gems in the future. I refuse to let the developers take my hard earned cash for mindless, and in my opinion, rigged quests that require either gems or constant babysitting. Real life is hard enough...games such as this one shouldn't feel like work. It should be challenging, yet provide entertainment and relaxation...both attributes have been lacking for a long time. To those who finished the event I believe you should have bought a lottery ticket because that might have been your lucky day!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    Maybe you can also add if you had to spend gems to complete the quest. This is what I was curious about because as I said before, this was the first quest I had to, in order to complete it.
    Yes it would be interesting, but I can't amend a poll once it's live. Maybe next time using gems is subjective though as some players just like using gems, others are impatient to finish for loads of different reasons (me included) and some used gems to no avail. I get the sense more players didn't finish this goal so I'm quite interested in the results.

If you're a 'guest' reading this thread (firstly hello!) and you do have a login, please feel free to vote. We would love to hear from you!

Players can add the gem info in their posts though as a 1-liner.

I got the pond to level 10, the frog and three kittys, spent about 100 gems to speed up mines but only when the timer got low and it only cost 2 gems and one extra trap because I wanted three. Found the event really easy because the totals were so low even with the rare spawn rate, we still only needed 20 catstails not like the yeti and thr polar bear which had easier spawn rates but you needed lots of drops. Bit disappointed with the drops from the main prizes but the artwork is great.

New Resident
    No I didn't get the frog either. Wasn't going to spend more gems as the last challenge wiped me out of gold nuggets. Lot of these challenges you have to be able to play all day. Time difference doesn't help when you are on the other side of the world either

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't get the Frog and only have my Pond upgrade to lv8. The spawn rate of Beastling is absolutely horrible. I've got all the materials need for upgrade the pond to Lv9 and Lv10 except the Cattails.

I did get the kitty though, and I'm glad I did get it instead of using the precious Cattails to upgrade the Pond to lv9. But what upsetting me the most is the Gold Nuggets that I've spent for the quest but ended up unable to complete it despite playing regularly

And yes I did spend a few gems at some points but then stop after realize how inefficient it is to spend so much given the prizes aren't that amazing (not about how pretty they are).
    Last edited by Dragosle; 03-06-17 at 02:07 AM.

Fashion Designer
    No, I didn't got the frog, not because of the beastlings (made 5 kitties from the left overs). I played much, but I didn't had enough energy to get the pondstones to upgrade my pond.
    With less then 6 days to go, first 5 stones to bring me to level 6 took 105 energy, that was the point I decided to stop with the rocks.
    I wish the pond at least dropped water at this level, so I could give it a place iso another pond for some variation. Now it is in storage, no room for only coingivers. 😦

Rhino Keeper
    sadly, I don't have the time to commit to an event like this. seems one needs to tend it more often than my casual playing self can afford.
    I gave up on the event at about level 4 pond.

Rhino Keeper
    I finished, but bought some traps because everything was on track except the beastling spawn rate.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast