View Poll Results: Did you finish the Frog Prince event?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I got the Frog Prince

73 42.69%
  • No I didn't get the Frog Prince

98 57.31%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Did you finish the Frog Prince event?

Fashion Designer
    I got the frog but it cost me about 22 gems at the end....however I started two days late because I had so much work to catch up on I needed a break from CS. Lo and behold the event started Tuesday instead of Thursday ��

I have to say that halfway through I found this event particularly loathsome. An entire outcropping dropped two pond stones.....seriously?? Even with a herd of alicorns it was irritating ��
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't get the frog prince, found that the swamp kitty spawn rate was really low and only really on Ivy's Hut and that wasn't even every time! Which was frustrating. I had one full day away from the game, but I think even if I'd had that day it still would have been challenging! I didn't, for once, spend any gems on this event and it was a lot harder to get through!

Executive Chef
    I got to the frog, but being away from the game 2 afternoons and 1 evening.. I knew I would have had to catch up with the use of gems. Timed events are no longer 'leisure play'.. you have to continuously check/play the game or else you can't possibly reach the end in time. Every hour counts.
    Spawning rates of the kitties from the Mines were extra, extra low, so no chance of finishing if you could not check each and every time they were ready. Collecting only from Ivy's Hut was not enough.
    What could have been offered.. was the possibility of spawning from the Deep Mines as well. This would have helped the situation for many players.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 03-06-17 at 06:34 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

I didn't finish the event and haven't logged in for about 4 days now. Considering deleting the game till they get their act together. These tedious events have had mediocre prizes and are more and more geared toward gem users. I stopped buying gems months ago due to their change in tactics and really have no desire to collect from another 7000 rocky outcroppings

Host(ess)
    I stopped somewhere after upgrade 7 on the pond, just didn't feel like continuing

Farm Supplier
    I got the frog and the pond to level 10 as well as the side mission goal prizes, however, I also used gems. Even with the gems I spent, this event was grueling! Disappointing that they are just coins and decoration and wish they would change that since this was a very difficult one to complete. I feel like one of the prizes should drop energy and wisp lanterns. Lol at the least

Rhino Keeper
    I got the pond to level 9, and didn't get enough lilies for the frog.

I'm really diappointed that my pond only gives coins. I would have kept it out if it gave water as I like having water features. Now banished to storage.

Rhino Keeper
    Nowhere near getting the frog, and I ignored the kitty in favour of upgrading the pond.
    I got the pond to Level 10 just before the end of the event, but had to spend gems because I made a miscalculation of the cattails and ended up 4 short. I decided it was worth 40 gems, as it was the one thing I really wanted from the event, but for some reason it only cost me 10. (Perhaps I should not be disclosing that!!)

Fashion Designer
    I got the frog, but used gems otherwise I probably wouldn't have finished. I'm finding the new quests require a lot of time to complete. I understand that S8 is a business and needs to make money but I think they are loosing players that don't have the time and don't want to spend gems on every quest. A fun quest without the stress and interesting items would generate more income. IMO if course. :/. Maybe that should be added to the poll...yes I finished but I also used gems
    Name: Tybug

Rhino Keeper
    I was able to get the frog & upgrade my lily pond to level 10. First thing I did was craft a kitty, then I focussed on upgrading the pond.

Didn't use any gems, only to get the rest of the cattails for another kitty 15 min. before the event ended. BUT I was able to check my game often (5/6 times a day) since I was sick most of the duration of the event. And I think I had a little luck spawning 3 to 4 beastlings a day.
    Last edited by TerraRanomi; 03-06-17 at 10:05 AM. Reason: I'm a level 44 player, btw.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast