Thread: Frustrations and searching advice on Moon Dragon

New Resident

Frustrations and searching advice on Moon Dragon

Hey there guys. I'm pretty new to the forums so I apologize ahead of time if I'm doing things incorrectly or posting in the wrong area. ^^;

I've been playing Dragon story for well over a year and I've been trying over and over again to get the Moon Dragon from breeding and I've gotten every other dragon under the sun BUT the moon dragon. I've even grinded breeding of the Night Dragon and Light Dragon straight for 5 months (with the occasional other breedings for story events) and still nothing.

I know there have been other people who have asked about this but the posts I've seen were dated back several years ago and I wondered if anyone in a more recent time frame has any suggestions or ways they've done this. I'm really trying to avoid coughing up $30+ to buy the darn thing when other important things (like life and bills) depend on my funds.
    Help?

Rhino Keeper
    I gave up trying for it, then out of the blue I got it a few months ago. It seems like trying for certain dragons never pays off for me (except diamond hybrids).

Fashion Designer
    I'd say to try breeding combos with a wider variety of results. When you narrow the results pool, that usually ends in frustration. Night X Light only has 23 possible outcomes, so you'll keep seeing the same few dragons as fails over and over and over again. That sucks. When you use a pair with more possible outcomes, you'll get a much wider variety of 'fails,' many of which can be dragons you don't yet have. That can go a long way towards lessening the disappointment of not getting your target dragon. As long as you keep including some form of white and black in your breeding pairs, the Moon Dragon will pop out eventually. Persistence and patience are key. And, like Isladraco said, it never pays off for me when I focus on trying to breed one particular dragon. I think casting a wide net and having multiple target dragons for each breeding attempt produces much more satisfying results.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 03-04-17 at 11:45 AM. Reason: removed third party tool comment

I've been trying for pretty much 4 years for Ceasar dragon and only just got it recently >_< It wasn't non-stop trying like u, but I saw my fair share of Sunrise fails. The only advice I can give you might be to try to use two black dragons in your pair. So one side might split but the other won't, so at least you will have black in your breeding pool more often. There are a few Black White dragons that have been obtainable via tourney or spin2win in the past (Dizzy, Yin Yang). Hopefully you have one of these.

You can also mix it up with some breeding types that split into black like Champion or Zodiac, although in my experience once they split into black and red/yellow, the black is equally likely to split further into purple and blue. At least it expands your possible fails to include a few more dragons you might not already have (not to mention a possible Diamond dragon). You can do the same with the White element and include Stone, Metal and Pink as breeders. This would also work if you don't have any other black white dragons, but have a black pink (which would have strangely been harder to get) or a black metal dragon (darksteel or the forgefather which everyone playing recently should have been able to get during the Tales event as it was the very first dragon prize). While it does increase the list of dragons you can get (& in the case of Zodiac, open yourself up to a 24 hour fail), it may also confuse the game algorithm as to what dragon you are actually trying to breed so badly.

After reading all that I just wrote & not knowing which dragons you do have, I guess I could summarise it as do Night and Forgefather. This should get you two black dragons breeding together with a possible white splitting from the Metal element. You're almost using the type splitting against itself.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Fashion Designer
    Champion and Zodiac both have a bug where the black type always splits afaik. So neither of them would give you a useable black type.
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Fashion Designer
    I got it with a Night 7 and Light 10, while taking a break from endless Unicorn attempts that were giving me too many Lazerlights instead. It popped out first try. 31 hours.

Rhino Keeper
    I switched the order and first try got it. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or if it was just my time but you could try switching the night and light to light and night and see what happens. It's an algorithm, eventually it will work.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartoled View Post
    I got it with a Night 7 and Light 10, while taking a break from endless Unicorn attempts that were giving me too many Lazerlights instead. It popped out first try. 31 hours.
    This happened to me as well just now, lol. I was putting Night and Light together and expecting a Winter/Luck fail like usual (which I need for Bingo) but boom... 31 hours. And yet I had been trying for Moon months before with the very same pair but to no avail. Funny!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragosle View Post
    This happened to me as well just now, lol. I was putting Night and Light together and expecting a Winter/Luck fail like usual (which I need for Bingo) but boom... 31 hours. And yet I had been trying for Moon months before with the very same pair but to no avail. Funny!
    Glad to hear that! I got my Comet's core, and my second Comet's tail, on two consecutive days, a week or so ago. I gave my questing over to the Luck World Event for a while, hoping I can sneak up on that last Tail soon.

The core and tail came after waiting 3 days since requesting any maps from anybody. When I saw that nothing was coming in, I quested for them.