Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Receiving and declining gifts😈

Lightbulb Receiving and declining gifts😈

I'm newish to RS:Thanksgiving, but I am seeing a bad pattern of nbrs not sending requests and even worse sending parts I didn't request. I clearly posted on both my wall and the person I've tipped, what items I need.
    One day I just deleted ALL my nbrs and posted on my wall that I only accept nbrs who tng as I do, and honor my request for parts as I also do.
    I'm wondering since it appears to be hard to get parts sent to me, if I should GIFT my nbrs the part *I* need and when they decline it since they didn't ask for it, and I get the part I need that way, lol

It takes time to find neighbors that gift the same way you do. Gifting them the part you need might work. I gift random parts and usually the next day some of my neighbors send me the exact part I had sent them.

Fashion Designer
    Some neighbor's gift back what you gift, some don't.
    I gift parts one day, food next. Yes, I have neighbor's who ask for food.
    So it's fair to all.
    But I don't have time to individually gift each neighbor.
    Because I have a lot of neighbor's.
    It would take all day if everyone wanted something different.
    Also I gift everyone from Stormie's place.

Executive Chef
    A) If you send someone a gift and they decline it, you don't get that gift delivered to you instead.

B) If you want neighbors who don't mass gift, and who will check your wall (or their own, not totally sure if you meant you leave msgs on every neighbor's wall or just some) you can find them, just be explicit in telling people what you're looking for.

C) In defense of your ex-neighbors, as LadyEna said, some of us mass gift as a time saver--which is pretty darn useful during goals. Anyway, there's no wrong way to play, you just have to find people you match.

D) As Yarin said, some players still do the "I'll send you whatever you send me" gifting method (though I think that got harder with the ios gifting glitch, but I'm Droid so not sure about that). That may be something for you to look for, but make sure it's cool with your neighbors, cause some of us (read: me) get really annoyed when we receive a random useless part because that's what the gifter wants.

Good luck finding the like-minded!

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    A) If you send someone a gift and they decline it, you don't get that gift delivered to you instead.

B) If you want neighbors who don't mass gift, and who will check your wall (or their own, not totally sure if you meant you leave msgs on every neighbor's wall or just some) you can find them, just be explicit in telling people what you're looking for.

C) In defense of your ex-neighbors, as LadyEna said, some of us mass gift as a time saver--which is pretty darn useful during goals. Anyway, there's no wrong way to play, you just have to find people you match.

D) As Yarin said, some players still do the "I'll send you whatever you send me" gifting method (though I think that got harder with the ios gifting glitch, but I'm Droid so not sure about that). That may be something for you to look for, but make sure it's cool with your neighbors, cause some of us (read: me) get really annoyed when we receive a random useless part because that's what the gifter wants.

Good luck finding the like-minded!
    Thanks for the replies, everyone. I will answer all in this message since it covers everyone else's
    I'm the gifter that gifts back individually simply cause I had nbrs who never tng but I can tip them to get cooking parts so I kept them, but did not gift or honor their rqt either, which was really ballsy I think to ask for what u won't do urself, lol

I'm down to alot fewer nbrs and have done what u suggested and read walls of community mbrs to see who liked certain things I did before adding or inviting.

I DID try gifting nbrs a item I needed and did rcv a few, but many kept it, maybe they needed it too, lol. I found out on here that there's a 24hr delay on rqd items, so they might not have been ignoring me, so that makes me feel better, thanks for that info.

I also found a nbr who said on their wall they send what they get cause they don't need anything, so excited to know them, gifting going well there! I can't wait to hit 99 and have everything in the game..

Yeah I've gotten a few random items from ppl, but what I started doing was visiting their place before I rejected it and posting on their wall that I sent it back and plz send so&so next time. Some did, and the ones that kept sending me whatever, I posted on their wall the various places I let everyone know what u wanted, as well as the fact that I took time to check a wall before sending random, and told them I was d ing them and did. You should try that, some posted respect back for expecting fairness.

Anyone here that wants a nbr who will give in a fair manner so we all can do better in the game, find me at the top of the community list as I am always 4*. Inviting me from here will do no good, I don't do random add unless I have read ur wall. Hagd!!

Farm Supplier
    I've read all the replies and I'm glad to know how other players act and think about sending gifts.

I send gifts in different ways:

- If any neighbor send me request for parts, I accept and send the same part as gift too (=2?)

- If they write on my wall what they need I'll send them those exact parts

- If they send me parts as gift I accept and return the same part

- If they don't send me parts I send them usefull parts (like motor, sheets, screw, springs...) or parts that I need

- During goals I mostly send goal parts

I don't decline or feel annoyed by random parts as I believe no parts are useless and they are hard to get for me and most of us will use them someday, so I accept and store them happily

Fashion Designer
    Some neighbors want you to write on their wall when you tip, some don't ever want anyone writing on their wall.

Some mass gift, others gift individually, when they tip. Some read walls (God love them, I sure don't do that!), others don't.

Some people want basic parts all the time, some want basic parts but goal parts during goals. Some want chicken every day, eggs every day or any food, just no parts. I had a neighbor complain to me that she got the same food too often and wanted me to rotate. How she thought I was supposed to remember what she'd received every day each week, I don't know, but I declined that request.

It's just different styles of playing. You have to find people who play like you do and it takes time. I'm still phasing out lazy neighbors and will no longer take on anyone who doesn't mesh with how I play.

Tell people how you want to play to make sure they'll be a good neighbor for you.

Different styles don't mean anyone is playing wrong, it's just different strokes for different folks. 😀

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettie75 View Post
    I found out on here that there's a 24hr delay on rqd items, so they might not have been ignoring me, so that makes me feel better, thanks for that info.
    There's only that delay if you send out more than 20 requests. You can only make 20 requests per day, and the ones after that get delayed until the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie75 View Post
    Yeah I've gotten a few random items from ppl, but what I started doing was visiting their place before I rejected it and posting on their wall that I sent it back and plz send so&so next time.
    I don't know if this is just turn of phrase, but in case it's not: If you reject a gift, it doesn't get sent back. It just disappears.

Thanks, someone told me both of these on my wall the other day

I would like to know if there's a way to clear out my overstock in parts?! Is it necessary to be overflowing with parts I'm unsure I'll be needing again. Didn't see any way to delete any extra parts from my gifts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast