Thread: What is your favorite crate and/or What is the best crate?

What is your favorite crate and/or What is the best crate?

I have a few gems to spare and I was wondering if I could get any input on what the best crate is and what people think is the best crate. I have currently only opened one crate- the takeout box crate and have received the koi pond(pretty lucky). I don't know what crate I should buy next and any input is appreciated

Rhino Keeper
    Congrats on getting the koi pond! It's so hard to get the first prize on any crate.

I don't personally have a best crate. Usually when S8 comes out with a sale, I would refer to the Master Box List https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...aster-Box-List and view the list of prizes with their pictures attached. If it's a new crate, I will wait until the lovely and nice players post their prizes online then I will decide if I want to try the crate out. Most of the time, I will see if I like most of prizes, then I will try it. Because..most of the time I'll get 3rd or 4th prizes anyway. lol Otherwise, and rarely, when I'm feeling generous, that I will try it. I mean, 1 box is 24 gems! Especially when I don't purchase gems with actual money.

The recent one that I tried was the Love Chest. This chest came out with the others on a sale along with other Valentine items. I loved all of the items in it. So I tried it 7 times. The crate I tried before this one was the Chinese Celebration Crate but that, unfortunately, was not on sale. I tried it 6 times because I wanted to have some Chinese New Year decor in my restaurant. I was lucky to get the Dragon and the Festival Treats (both 2nd prizes). I was more happy that I got the Festival Treats heh.

My first box that I tried and really liked (and was on sale for 12 gems at that time!) was the Classic Kitchen Crate. Got the Pie Rack, Classic Chef and Culinary Artist. I was over the moon with what I got (for only 3 tries!) because at that time I didn't know that I could watch ads for free gems lol.

So I guess it all depends on if you have a theme and don't mind to splurge. Or you can be a bit stingy like me, and wait for the sale. haha hope this helps!

Rhino Keeper
    A peaceful sunshiny speck of dust in the Caribbean
    The Classic Kitchen is my favourite crate. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes are detailed and attractive. Nothing in the box is outright ugly, awkwardly-coloured or unrealistic for a restaurant. I tried the box 12 times when it was on sale in the latter part of last years. I got 1 of the 2nd prizes, several of the 3rd prizes and 2 of the 4th prizes.

I'm only interested in items that would realistically be found in a restaurant or outdoor area, so many boxes are of no interest to me. I've never been blessed by the Storm8 gods with the videos for gems feature. All my gems were earned by mastering recipes and downloading other games. I would never open any box for 24 gems, even for pieces I desperately want. I also wouldn't open a box unless I was certain I could make use of the 3rd and 4th prizes.

Executive Chef
    No such thing as a best crate, it's all up to your taste. If you like having a kitchen in your place, then classic kitchen is great, or you may prefer the black & gold of the newer kitchen crate. Maybe you love animals and want to have a restaurant in a zoo, so you want the zoo crate or winter animals crate (I have that in a secondary restaurant). Lots of crates if you have an Asian themed restaurant (and congrats on the koi pond!), and a couple options if you're a music lover.

Personally I love carnivals! It's the only crate I have all the prizes from. If I ever earn enough to expand, I am going to have the funnest virtual restaurant ever!
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

New Resident
    I don’t understand how the crates work. Can someone explain it to me. Whenever I try to look at them, I just lose gems. I’m afraid to even open them anymore.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mominstl View Post
    I don?t understand how the crates work. Can someone explain it to me. Whenever I try to look at them, I just lose gems. I?m afraid to even open them anymore.
    When you click on a crate, the game deducts 24 gems and you get a random decoration from that crate. So, every time you've clicked on a crate you also won an exclusive deco that was added to your inventory.

Each crate offers 8 or 9 unique items and when you purchase the box, you'll win one of them - the items are categorized by how likely it is that you'll win it from level 4 commons to level 1 exceptional items. You can see what each crate contains and how likely you are to win them in the RS Master Box thread here.

I think that's the general idea of crate but if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

New Resident
    Thank you so much!!