Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No new update this week

I agree people get too worked up. I think they should put out older items for sale like the Leprechaun house. I personally don't mind letting my coins build up. They used to add new recipes to the ovens and stoves. Just a few thoughts to make things better for all. I know no stoves but it's not the end of the world people. ����

How about scavenger hunts to find gems as they are only achieved from appliances. They need to try something different and people are right in asking for what is happening in a game that they've invested money in.
    Last edited by Lilliepaddd; 03-09-17 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    Honesty almost always buys loyalty. It's much, much better to give people the truth, whatever it is, than to lie or dodge. That goes for just about everything. Not just video games.
    Yes to this! I've worked with companies who had to undergo restructuring and in those cases, the companies adopted a Business-As-Usual policy where they made sure their stakeholders were not negatively impacted following the restructuring. And when it did affect customers, they were forthcoming and gave information in advance to manage expectations.

I believe that the players here are mainly frustrated not with lack of updates, but more to the lack of information by Storm8.

Executive Chef
    None of us know (or ever will know, I imagine) how profitable these games are. Popularity only goes so far (not that we know that either). They're not going to operate these games at a loss, and why should they? We're going to end up in a downward spiral: they update less frequently, so people don't have as much reason to buy gems, so the game makes less money, so they won't spend money updating it.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    None of us know (or ever will know, I imagine) how profitable these games are. Popularity only goes so far (not that we know that either). They're not going to operate these games at a loss, and why should they? We're going to end up in a downward spiral: they update less frequently, so people don't have as much reason to buy gems, so the game makes less money, so they won't spend money updating it.

Or they see that they're in a hole, decide to STOP digging, fix their service, apologize and beg forgiveness in ads. Not ads that interrupt play as that's one of the problems that requires fixing, lol, but beg forgiveness after fixing the problems.

It works almost every time!

But most companies who find themselves in a hole just keep digging, so your bet is pretty safe.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomejujubeans View Post
    omg...one week without an update and you guys are acting nuts. The mardi gras goal is not over for another 5 days.

They are probably putting a lot of effort into the next goal--which is what you all complained about anyway. I mean, everyone complained about the boxes, but when they stop putting them out you still complain.

Just give them a break. I design game mods myself, and it is incredibly tedious. From concept to release, you are talking hundreds of hours. Storm8 was pushing for weekly updates, which makes the workload more intense. I'm sorry, but a lot of you do nothing but complain and think of yourselves. You have the easy part--playing! So, while these people work hard into the night to design the virtual store of your dreams, be patient and courteous.
    bingo!!!

Fashion Designer
    Who did not see the massive lay offs coming? Personally, I am surprised it took this long.

You can not stay in business when you treat your customers badly or ignore what they want. I own a online business, a customer may not be right but if you want him to keep spending his money on your business, you better make him feel that he is.

My favorites things to hate?

Holidays that are ignored or the release of new content is sparse or poorly designed and released right before the holiday so there is no time to really display it.

Black Friday sales that are horrible with very few items or the same items as last year. Yet the preview touts it as a Big Sale! Just how many years in a row will people buy gems for the Big Sale! Just to be disappointed?

Content that is changed for dubious reasons... I.e the koi pond With no regards to how much real money it took to win the darn thing as a top prize from a box. That one got me to stop buying gems. If it had to be done those people that had the Item should have been compensated. Could have been a free item. Compensation didn't have to be gems! Your mistake is not your customers fault. Why upset them?

Why does content have to be exclusive? There are excellent retired crates that could fuel new updates for years.

My bet is the sooner or later the games will be closed down due to managements failure to understand their market and understand what customer service is really about.

Pity too, I spend a lot on money online on items that amuse me.

I was wondering if this is the reason why the game is running very slow. It now takes me a couple of hours to visit my neighbors. I have 77 neighbors

Host(ess)
    I started playing RS in Dec 2010. And remember only one goal a month..Lately there has been an update with an appliance or a small goal which has been nice. I feel for the 130 employees who lost their jobs and will stay with RS until it ceases to give an occasional goal or update.
    I have made several friends with this game and have met several in person. Please remember the employees & their families during this hard
    time for them..afterall, this is a game for us but a LIFE for them! When we age, material things change..

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bustedbob View Post
    I was wondering if this is the reason why the game is running very slow. It now takes me a couple of hours to visit my neighbors. I have 77 neighbors
    I have not noticed a slow down in my game.

Host(ess)
    I hope they can re-release old goals. I really want to see the pizzeria goal re-released since I wasn't around for it. Please, please, please S8 can you give us the pizzeria goal back? I and others would be so happy if you did!
    Proud owner of the Village Cafe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast