Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Update: February 22nd, 2017

Bakery Story Update: February 22nd, 2017

Looking for the update on THIS forum about this upcoming update...

Edit(KP)

Quote Originally Posted by taoyingying View Post
    Anyone opened the new box? I like the 1st and 2nd prizes shown on the preview, but won't open it till I find out what 3rd and 4th prizes are.
    I opened it four times. Here are screenshots of the prizes I got:

I'll post pics of what they look like in the bakery later, I'm a little short on time now, and it takes me ages to scroll through all that stuff to find it, lol.

Attachment 36082Attachment 36083Attachment 36084Attachment 36085
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-12-17 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Enlarged photos

Farm Supplier
    There does not seem to be any updates on twitter or facebook page.

This article has been post on a few other forums and could explain why we are not getting any information.

Storm8 lays off about 130 from its social mobile gaming studio
    DEAN TAKAHASHI@DEANTAK FEBRUARY 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Social mobile game publisher Storm8 laid off a large number of its employees this week.

By one account, the San Mateo, California-based company cut about 130 jobs, going down from 240 people to 110.The move shows just how hard it is to compete in the $40 billion mobile gaming business, where the ranks of developers are splitting into the haves and have-nots.

“If you look at their lineup in the past two years, it’s pretty easy to connect the dots,” said one employee affected by the layoffs. The employee asked not to be identified.

Storm8 was particularly vulnerable because it makes casual mobile games, a sector that has fickle followers and a lot of competitors. Storm8 had hits that generated tens of millions of downloads, but the content wasn’t particularly memorable, and it never rose to the top of the charts akin to games like Candy Crush Saga. Storm8’s games include Candy Blast Mania, Bubble Mania, Dragon Story, and Dream City: Metropolis.

Perry Tam and other former Facebook employees founded the company as a social game publisher in 2009. They adapted to mobile games with the rise of mobile, and grew to hundreds of employees. Tam broke the news to employees yesterday in an emotional meeting.

In a statement, Tam said, “The mobile gaming industry has continued to rapidly evolve. We believe having a leaner organization with sharper focus is essential to win in the growing $40-plus billion mobile games market. As such, we’ve made the very difficult decision to realign resources and part ways with approximately 130 talented colleagues. We truly appreciate everyone’s hard work and dedication to Storm8 over the years. Moving forward, a more streamlined Storm8 will build off a strong foundation, be better positioned to support our existing games and successfully bring new games to market. We remain very excited for the future of mobile games and being well-positioned for sustained profitable growth.”

[Updated: 11:24 am 2/16/17 with company quote].
    Last edited by Errena41; 02-22-17 at 11:20 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    sucks for all those employees who got laid off

Oh oh :ss

Restructuring is very hard and I feel sad for those who lost their jobs. I also feel for those still employed as they now have to carry that extra load. Best of luck to all!

Fashion Designer
    They should at least tell us that they won't have an update. Just because something huge happened at the company doesn't mean they can suddenly abandon thousands of players across different games.

Executive Chef
    I see nothing for this week. I think is because last GOAL valid until 28 February.
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Fashion Designer
    first time they've missed a week

Executive Chef
    Update or no update, just let us know. I want to start cooking something else if there's nothing new that needs worked on.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm actually happy there looks like there will be no update this week, gives me time to sell off all this extra food! I'm sure next week they will come up with something!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast