Page 35 of 98 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Frog Prince Event | 21 Feb - 4 Mar | *info in post 1 and 2*

Rhino Keeper
    I've only spawned 3 beastlings so far and i've set a timer to check the pond for lillypad thingies and only have 20?? has anyone else earned an individual prize for them yet?

Rhino Keeper
    I am not a player who complains about spawn rates, but there's a first time for everything!
    Colour me blue!

Only consolation is that S8 occasionally helps out later in an event. I seem to remember a shortage of worms for the orphanage.

Not sure if they fixed it or not this morning but my Ivy Hut and both mines all spawned Green Kitties on my first collections this morning.

Rhino Keeper
    Here I am. Truth to be told I stopped reading the forum daily (might be partially due to certain tiredness with the game I have been suffering lately). But I still play on a regular, several times a day basis. And so, even though I was surprised by the event (it was supposed to happen on Thursday right?) I plunged on. It's nice and predictable community event path for those of us who've been around awhile. But honestly, the kitties are as beautiful as they are elusive. Is it the sign that the events moved a notch from doable for those glued to their devices (yup, that is me) to those who gem only (me sometimes but only when I feel like it and when it's worth it). If it is the case, let me just verbalise my dislike explicitly.

*goes off to visit mines yet again*

EDIT: I spawned a beast all right, sadly it has been a dire boar.
    Last edited by Zirilka; 02-24-17 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rulerofjennyville View Post
    I have 63 gems from the game that I am willing to spend but I'm not willing to spend money. If I don't get the frog I guess I don't get the frog though I'd like to have him. What did you spend your gems on?

Also, is it just my phone or is everyone else's bar not moving at all under the community challenge?
    You wont see any progress until you are eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by CelineKats View Post
    Sorry to bring the news to you, but you can't complete this one without spending gems. The basis of freemiums like this is that events are made to earn money for the devs. They need to eat as well. Good side is that you always get something for free but if you want it all you need to spend (and have a nice stock of Ali's) . Looking at the drop rates of this event you need to spend quite some money to get it all...The choice of spending is always on the side of the player. My two cents for the next event: LB
    I think you have to choose what you want to spend your gems on, and resolve to be happy about your choice if you can't afford to go all the way.

I decided I really wanted the permanent Swamp Kitty, so I spent my gems to get enough cattails to be able to craft that. I'm happy I got it, and I don't mind that I won't get the frog, even though I definitely want it. I had a limited amount of gems to spend, and I'm satisfied with my decision.
    Last edited by robotparade; 02-24-17 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Spelling & typos

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by linurm View Post
    what happend? Attachment 36090Attachment 36091
    39--->12 ? is this android bug?
    Mine collected Water Lilies are decreasing too all the time - and I have visited the Lily Pond more than 10 times, also I'm collecting from the kitty too.

And I'm not able to open the community event from the green frog button!

Rhino Keeper
    I don't mind spending gems on something extra in the game that I really want or that is particularly helpful. The mermaid pond, for example. It's awfully nice to have, but you can play the game without it. I do mind putting a lot of time into something only to find out half way through that you'll HAVE to spend gems for it. I think it's downright shady. I had quit doing events for this reason but decided to give this one a try. My bad I guess.

What's frustrating is not all Storm 8 events are like this. In Fantasy Forest, for example, if you plan ahead you can complete the storybook events without gems. Or you can spend gems to make it less stressful on yourself. And you get prizes along the way that are worth having, so you know even if you can't finish a storybook event, it's worth starting. So this isn't a Storm 8 thing, it's a Castle Story thing. I don't get it.

Rhino Keeper
    Yesterday I lost 3 Cattails, this is what I wrote :

"About 2 hours and a half ago, I played the Magic Garden and finally got the last Shimmering Strand to make the craft in the Magic forge (Examine Shimmering Strands). I did begin the craft.

When I came back to the game, the Mine was ready and I collected, I found a Rat Beastling ! YES !! 20 fights and I got 3 Cattails ;-)
    I came to the forum to see if there were some news, then I came back to the game.

HORRIBLE : my Magic Forge was empty, the last Shimmering Strands was gone. Where ? Who robbed it ?? AND my 3 Cattails also are gone. But my mines have been collected and of course the Magic Garden also.
    So, I still have to wait before next collection.
    "

One of the player wrote me : "It sounds like it was a syncing issue. I've been having those the last couple of days."

Since this happened, I don't get any other new Beastlings.

I check Ivy's hut and the Mines as often as possible, but don't get anymore Cattails ?

Are they on strike ? What would make them come back ?

Rhino Keeper
    Oops! I forgot to reply with a quote! This is in response to post 321.

This did not work for me either--have tried several times; however, I was pleasantly surprised today after my morning collection--spawned a beastling with an energy level of 70. I need to try that again! Maybe the reverse is also true for some of us! Good luck to all!
    Last edited by FlowerBurst; 02-24-17 at 10:56 AM.