Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next goal coming up?

New Resident

Next goal coming up?

Now that Valentine's Day is behind us, does anyone know what the next goal will be, and if so, what kind of parts I should be collecting?

Grand Emperor
    We wouldnt know the goal information prior to the goals' release. Keep a lookout in your game and goal thread in the Discussion forum.

Executive Chef
    hoping for mardi gras!

(and hoping previews return next week, since there's no 3-day weekend)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    hoping for mardi gras!

(and hoping previews return next week, since there's no 3-day weekend)
    Someone posted in the bs forum that there was a massive layoff at s8. Sooooooo.....

Executive Chef
    yeah i saw that in the DS forum a couple days ago. it definitely means i won't be buying anything from storm8 until the fallout is over, but i'm hoping that RS & BS are still titles that they want to continue with their much more limited resources. but apparently one of the problems was they're heavily into "social casual" games that tend to not get loyal players. we forum denizens are just weird, i guess.

This was posted in Bakery Story:

This article that has been post on a few other forums and could explain why we are not getting any information.

Storm8 lays off about 130 from its social mobile gaming studio
    DEAN TAKAHASHI@DEANTAK FEBRUARY 16, 2017 9:33 AM

Social mobile game publisher Storm8 laid off a large number of its employees this week.

By one account, the San Mateo, California-based company cut about 130 jobs, going down from 240 people to 110.The move shows just how hard it is to compete in the $40 billion mobile gaming business, where the ranks of developers are splitting into the haves and have-nots.

?If you look at their lineup in the past two years, it?s pretty easy to connect the dots,? said one employee affected by the layoffs. The employee asked not to be identified.

Storm8 was particularly vulnerable because it makes casual mobile games, a sector that has fickle followers and a lot of competitors. Storm8 had hits that generated tens of millions of downloads, but the content wasn?t particularly memorable, and it never rose to the top of the charts akin to games like Candy Crush Saga. Storm8?s games include Candy Blast Mania, Bubble Mania, Dragon Story, and Dream City: Metropolis.

Perry Tam and other former Facebook employees founded the company as a social game publisher in 2009. They adapted to mobile games with the rise of mobile, and grew to hundreds of employees. Tam broke the news to employees yesterday in an emotional meeting.

In a statement, Tam said, ?The mobile gaming industry has continued to rapidly evolve. We believe having a leaner organization with sharper focus is essential to win in the growing $40-plus billion mobile games market. As such, we?ve made the very difficult decision to realign resources and part ways with approximately 130 talented colleagues. We truly appreciate everyone?s hard work and dedication to Storm8 over the years. Moving forward, a more streamlined Storm8 will build off a strong foundation, be better positioned to support our existing games and successfully bring new games to market. We remain very excited for the future of mobile games and being well-positioned for sustained profitable growth.?

[Updated: 11:24 am 2/16/17 with company quote]

Fashion Designer
    Where's the update for today?

Executive Chef
    That's very sad to hear about all those people, mostly likely why no update today

Why so many reposts of this? Its terribly pity of those 130, im really sorry for them, but other 110 are still doing their job, and doing it good. Dragons are fine, fantasy, fashion, rs2 too. So why do you think resto or bakery sd go other way? There is enough abandoned games to drop. Or is it 1st time we re getting update later than usual?

Fashion Designer
    Can someone verify if we are getting an update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast