Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Too much going on right now...

  1. #11
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    It should autostart in like 7 hours from now (I think) yes you get 10 days

    Usually when story starts, whatever time that is for you on Friday..it'll autostart on Sunday same time
    Quote Originally Posted by GreytMom View Post
    For some reason I thought that if you wait for the auto start it only gave you the remainder of the time (7 days). Do we for sure get the full ten days if we wait?
    Thanks for your answers, but now I'm confused!

  2. #12
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDragon View Post
    Thanks for your answers, but now I'm confused!
    I've only been playing a few months, so I'd lean towards what the more experienced players like Eluzyion say. I just want to confirm.

    We should probably move this to the SB thread, huh?
    Last edited by GreytMom; 02-19-17 at 11:16 AM.

  3. #13
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkDragon View Post
    Thanks for your answers, but now I'm confused!
    You get the same amt of time as if you started on time instead of auto-start.. It's not reduced to 7 days

    This question is asked every single storybook

  4. #14
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    You get the same amt of time as if you started on time instead of auto-start.. It's not reduced to 7 days

    This question is asked every single storybook
    Thanks. It's only my second one (I did start it right away because I NEED that beautiful pony) and I'm paranoid ;-)

  5. #15
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,783
    Quote Originally Posted by GreytMom View Post
    Thanks. It's only my second one (I did start it right away because I NEED that beautiful pony) and I'm paranoid ;-)
    Oh I know it's great..I've only done auto-start once, I have no patience lol plus it ran into the start of another event and that made it more difficult (to me) I was trying to finish one while not wanting to start behind on the other..kinda crazy, but some like it because they need the couple days at start to gather more food

  6. #16
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_darko View Post
    I love the game, believe me I do. But sometimes it can get very overwhelming as it is right now.

    Two tournaments, sweetheart sweeties, purple pony, zodiac, and if that wasn't enough a storybook???

    Give us a break guys
    Don't worry about the Battleground tournament. You can work on that in your spare time. There is no time limit on it, so you can take all the time you need.

  7. #17
    Rhino Keeper
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    242
    Quote Originally Posted by Eluzyion View Post
    You get the same amt of time as if you started on time instead of auto-start.. It's not reduced to 7 days

    This question is asked every single storybook
    Thanks again. I take your point about clashing with the next event, so l won't be using auto start!

  8. #18
    Fashion Designer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    727
    Yes there is/was a lot going on, but for those who have been here since the game started, me not so much:

    1. I already finished the valentine trio years ago: (The habitat is expiring so I had to make room for a permanent spot.)
    2. I also have had the heartvark & cherub cub & kissy cat for years. (I did work on getting the romanticore. No luck! Already have the matching habitat which wasn't offered this time anyways)
    3. As for the Love Bug, the sweet sheep, the XoOx, which were related to the puppy love, monarchy, and the bee mine, already worked on and got them all last year.
    4. The Zodiac: already done last year.

    So the business is involving offering habitats & creatures from past goals to those who missed them.

    For long time players there was a new permanent animal, a tournament, the birthstone pony, and now the storybook. I expect a new leaderboard next.

    I always start the storybook right away. No matter when you start you get 10 days; so those who start asap will finish a few days before those who start later. The only reason to wait is if you have no food.

    Usually the first day is easy to complete so if you start, but can't complete the goals before day 2 it is still easy to catch up. The way the game is set up you will get backed up with events if you wait to start.

    I see now that the update has rolled around that the space trio is re-offered. Whew! I have 2 of them and will try for the 3rd. We will also have to assume that s8 wishes to retire the space habitat as well which is also bad for me since I don't have one. And I will want to have it. Please please S8 make all the trio habitats able to hold a second element! You did it with the ice cream habitat and the holiday hamlet. Please? While you're at it, can you allow them to hold a 4th creature?

    Time to reassess my expansion strategy.

  9. #19
    Farm Supplier
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by saucysammis View Post
    Yes there is/was a lot going on, but for those who have been here since the game started, me not so much:

    1. I already finished the valentine trio years ago: (The habitat is expiring so I had to make room for a permanent spot.)
    2. I also have had the heartvark & cherub cub & kissy cat for years. (I did work on getting the romanticore. No luck! Already have the matching habitat which wasn't offered this time anyways)
    3. As for the Love Bug, the sweet sheep, the XoOx, which were related to the puppy love, monarchy, and the bee mine, already worked on and got them all last year.
    4. The Zodiac: already done last year.

    So the business is involving offering habitats & creatures from past goals to those who missed them.

    For long time players there was a new permanent animal, a tournament, the birthstone pony, and now the storybook. I expect a new leaderboard next.

    I always start the storybook right away. No matter when you start you get 10 days; so those who start asap will finish a few days before those who start later. The only reason to wait is if you have no food.

    Usually the first day is easy to complete so if you start, but can't complete the goals before day 2 it is still easy to catch up. The way the game is set up you will get backed up with events if you wait to start.

    I see now that the update has rolled around that the space trio is re-offered. Whew! I have 2 of them and will try for the 3rd. We will also have to assume that s8 wishes to retire the space habitat as well which is also bad for me since I don't have one. And I will want to have it. Please please S8 make all the trio habitats able to hold a second element! You did it with the ice cream habitat and the holiday hamlet. Please? While you're at it, can you allow them to hold a 4th creature?

    Time to reassess my expansion strategy.
    I'm not a new player. I've been playing since its release. I just haven't done as good as you and it seems like you've had some great luck. I had animals missing from the trios and had some terrible luck withe the zodiacs. And throwing everything at once like this makes it nearly impossible yo accomplish all the goals.

    BTW, disagree completely with those suggesting to let the storybook auto start. From what I understand there is a deadline, and it's the same date for everyone regardless when you start it. It's actually better to start it as soon as it pops up so you can get ahead as much as you can.

  10. #20
    Executive Chef JustKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Somewhere South
    Posts
    2,341
    Maybe with a leaner, more streamlined S8 they are going to focus more effort and creativity on a smaller number of events. Maybe they will be giving us what we've been asking for since a while now. I don't see how they can keep up the same frenetic pace with half the team size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •