Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture Cruise Event LEADERBOARD February 17 2017

Fashion Designer
    I have a question. I have just enough gold to get the caretakers statue or keep the gold and use it for boosting as I hatch the nine dragons from two events and a tourney.

Which do you folk think will assist me more in the milestones?

They clearly did this on purpose to counteract people who prep their islands ahead of time. They wanted to catch people off guard. He could have easily said "this starts tomorrow" but instead purposely left a vague "later date" message so no one could be prepared. Disgusting way to run this ship, S8.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Florr06 View Post
    Are you kidding me... I had 2 nests, breeding and evolution ready yesterday, but finished them when I read the leaderboard would start at a later date... now I have an empty evolution temple, 1 empty nest and 1 with 12 hours left to go and 6 hours to go on breeding. Since when do events start on Saturday
    Same. I had a super rare egg ready to hatch but finished it as well. I think that would have been the first super rare I'd have hatched during a leaderboard. Oh well.

I like that there is a habitat in the milestones.
    Android
    Level 167 DS

Fashion Designer
    Am I the only one who anticipated that this would happen? I left everything untouch including my farms, basically took a break from DS yesterday b/c A. I was anticipating a leaderboard event coming soon and B. was kinda pissed off at myself for not getting the last dragon in World event due to work (could have get it with a lil gold spent, but didn't), was only 1 minute shy from getting the prize.

But anyways, all this wouldn't matter b/c I'm gonna be on Vacation...so yay....doubt I'll get anywhere far in these events even if I have a good head start.

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't receive extra bonus points for breeding a rare and on my daughter's account she didn't receive bonus point for a rare too.

Executive Chef
    Over 9800 already??? Seriously??? I am sitting here on about 450 in a pool that looks like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0277.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	36027

What hope is there for us us mere mortals that don't grow gold in our gardens??

Fashion Designer
    Interesting comments..

What I am bothered about is they gave the "Its coming" blast, so people tried to prepare and put themselves in a good position and then the mods here say its not happening, then it happens the next day.

I dont mind if the thing was delayed but what does S8 think will happen when they send out a blast and then fail to start it on the blast date?

Its another example of players vs storm8 failing again. I also do not recall so much animosity as I am seeing now, it is obvious that players feel the game is turning away from a fun enjoyable experience and into a money making against the players game.

I find myself not participating as much as I did in the past due to this being the case...the spin the wheel being a joke, the onslaught of new new new and eliminating the gold benefits etc etc...it isnt as fun when the changes seem to be against the player AND pitting players against each other.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Somebody's Golding it up in my group too. I just wish I could be placed in a group where I would have a chance to win. It's sad and unfair. I guess I'll just get the milestones again as usual.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeChefDad View Post
    Interesting comments..

What I am bothered about is they gave the "Its coming" blast, so people tried to prepare and put themselves in a good position and then the mods here say its not happening, then it happens the next day.

I dont mind if the thing was delayed but what does S8 think will happen when they send out a blast and then fail to start it on the blast date?

Its another example of players vs storm8 failing again. I also do not recall so much animosity as I am seeing now, it is obvious that players feel the game is turning away from a fun enjoyable experience and into a money making against the players game.

I find myself not participating as much as I did in the past due to this being the case...the spin the wheel being a joke, the onslaught of new new new and eliminating the gold benefits etc etc...it isnt as fun when the changes seem to be against the player AND pitting players against each other.
    Ditto to all of this. I am definitely participating in less events. There is far too much going on at once, and new dragons don't have the temptation factor anymore because they are thrown at us from all directions. It's just too hard to keep up. And too costly.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldsLikeB View Post
    I have a question. I have just enough gold to get the caretakers statue or keep the gold and use it for boosting as I hatch the nine dragons from two events and a tourney.

Which do you folk think will assist me more in the milestones?
    unless you are able to collect the points every 2,5h i don't advise you to buy them.
    imo you better keep your golds for boosting at the end if you see you can win

Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Am I the only one who anticipated that this would happen? I left everything untouch including my farms, basically took a break from DS yesterday b/c A. I was anticipating a leaderboard event coming soon and B. was kinda pissed off at myself for not getting the last dragon in World event due to work (could have get it with a lil gold spent, but didn't), was only 1 minute shy from getting the prize.

But anyways, all this wouldn't matter b/c I'm gonna be on Vacation...so yay....doubt I'll get anywhere far in these events even if I have a good head start.
    same for me since i didn't need all my nests, i let the eggs (especially the one with a virtue egg !) stay there, only clearing the one i need.
    same for the evolution temple.
    i was expecting them to start soon but i still was surprised when i got the pop up
    for once i got big time eggs and evolution waiting for it. now i will see at the end of the 13th day what prize i will get : last time i ended 3rd because there were 2 people who boosted like crazy so i didn't need to boost a lot, just enough to get the milestones prizes and stay 3rd
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast