Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Culture Cruise Event LEADERBOARD February 17 2017

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Over 9800 already??? Seriously??? I am sitting here on about 450 in a pool that looks like this...

Attachment 36027

What hope is there for us us mere mortals that don't grow gold in our gardens??
    I'm in that type of group too lmao our first guy has boosted 4 times already since yesterday but he's only at like 6000 almost good things I'm not interested in not one of the dragons woot woot they all ugly aha soOo I only am going for the habitat and whatever else I get to without trying!! Lmao more money for weed cause I ain't bothering with not one of the events we have going

Banned
    Just checked the group that Newzealander and I are in and the leader is approaching 17,000 and this event is just a day old, and I as I predicted I am well below 10th!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Just checked the group that Newzealander and I are in and the leader is approaching 17,000 and this event is just a day old, and I as I predicted I am well below 10th!
    I'm really curious about what the points are going to look like when this leaderboard ends. I was on a super crazy leaderboard where people were competing for the gold trophy itself because it was obviously cheaper to purchase the grand prize dragon directly from the marketplace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaderboard.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	36032

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Limequat View Post
    I'm really curious about what the points are going to look like when this leaderboard ends. I was on a super crazy leaderboard where people were competing for the gold trophy itself because it was obviously cheaper to purchase the grand prize dragon directly from the marketplace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaderboard.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	368.3 KB 
ID:	36032
    i think i never saw such high amount of points !
    the higher i saw in forum was about 45000-50000 points but 98000 ! so in the end , will probably pass 100000 points !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    i think i never saw such high amount of points !
    the higher i saw in forum was about 45000-50000 points but 98000 ! so in the end , will probably pass 100000 points !
    Am I just missing something here, instead of spending huge amounts of gold to finish 1st why not just buy the dragons and let others have a crack at the top prize or is it the 1st place trophy to display is the real prize?

Am I just missing something here, instead of spending huge amounts of gold to finish 1st why not just buy the dragons and let others have a crack at the top prize or is it the 1st place trophy to display is the real prize?
    When you have a row of golden trophies, it's very hard to not want to keep that streak going. Plenty of people who think they are the bomb in the world, just look at some of the whacky names on this forum The trophies are guaranteed not to ever be purchase-able by gold or coin in future, so you have only one shot. It's about the only way in DS to set yourself apart from the rest of the pack. I don't even have a very long gold streak, but danged if I'll not try my best to win the next one. I have a ton of food and gold saved up to put up a decent fight if I ever have to. I probably won't spend oodles of real money, but I have at least 8000 points worth I can cash in at a moment's notice. I think I actually appreciate the trophies more than the dragon, since I have stopped hatching eggs to keep the game load on my device down. So even though I win both, I only really display the trophy and leave the egg in storage for later.

LB & Bingo are the only two gameplay features in DS that truly pit player vs player, and that's where the money is. I'm glad there are crazy matches going off every time there's a LB since that means that DS is paying the bills I just hope I never end up in one of them
    Last edited by JustKay; 02-19-17 at 04:25 PM.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Rhino Keeper
    But, who cares about the trophy?! LOL I rarely visit other islands anymore, due to crashes etc., and even when I do, I never think "wow, that guy is awesome, look at all his trophies." Very odd.

In any case, I'm happy that I've never been in a crazy points obsessed group during a leaderboard.
    Android
    Level 167 DS

Quote Originally Posted by 9krm View Post
    But, who cares about the trophy?! LOL I rarely visit other islands anymore, due to crashes etc., and even when I do, I never think "wow, that guy is awesome, look at all his trophies." Very odd.

In any case, I'm happy that I've never been in a crazy points obsessed group during a leaderboard.
    We all do what makes us happy, and strange as it might be, I feel pretty pleased with myself when I see my trophies. I worked hard for these and came up with some pretty unique strategies too. A bit of gold to boost here and there, but I didn't spend ridiculous amounts. I don't actually care what other people might think or even if they visit. It's also a form of goal in the game for me. I've given up trying to breed specific dragons, most eggs are in storage to keep crashing down, I sped bred a whole bunch of diamond hybrids for about 2k gold and I already have most of the GPDs (including gold horizon), so filling in my little message on my island with trophies one LB at a time is in a way a long term goal for me during the game. I've missed one trophy altogether, and have two silvers, so even if I don't win the next one, I can still keep my goal going.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Executive Chef
    LOL everyone play the game the way they like
    i don't care about the trophies even if i display them : my pleasure is to collect the dragons.
    i got them, good for me, i lose the leaderboard , well this is just a game and anyway if i don't have the dragon, i still got the food
    i play the bingo because i want the GPD and the food that bingo provide to me , so i can feed the dragons
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Yep it's pretty crazy alright, I was only going for milestones and growing food. I wish we were in a normal group but this is not the case, I will be lucky to finish in the top 10 and I refuse to spend gold. Good luck Newzealander, you are ahead of me on the table!
    Thanks Random. Good luck to you too. I'm going to try to stay in the top half because I want the food prize! But with the top of our board at 17,000 and 15,000, I'm not even considering trying to get in the top 4-6. Ridiculous.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast