Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you change your game play after level 99?

Rhino Keeper

Do you change your game play after level 99?

Once you are level 99, do you start cooking in a different way? For example, do you focus on anything in particular like
    1- aesthetics over profit
    2- profit
    3- mastering for gems
    4- leaving ovens empty to clear counters
    I've been 99 for awhile and I want to see how others play. I'm thinking about going for gems but I don't know if I want all the food

Executive Chef
    i always maximized aesthetics over profit and making sure not to have a food build-up (no space for lots of counters in my small bakery!) so i can't say that i changed play, but i do think more about mastering recipes. i'm still unwilling to have many counters of food, it's more just that i'll bake an unmastered recipe, even if it doesn't totally aesthetically fit my current decor, over a mastered one that does match perfectly.

but baking for mastery is a game quality issue for me, not a level issue. i used to buy gems, now i won't.

(interesting question! thanks!)
    Last edited by twospoons; 02-16-17 at 02:09 PM.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Oooh. I think I cycle through all four of what you mentioned, actually. I stopped expanding my bakery a while ago, so all the coins I save up fund different bakery designs, and I usually cook recipes to match whatever theme I have going in my shop (ex. only pie recipes for a pie theme, or only garden/flowery recipes for a garden theme). And once I decide I want to change themes, I'll slowly stop cooking and let my food run out before switching over to something else.

Usually, with how long I keep themes up in my bakery, I can recoup the costs of the design through the recipes I make, so profit has never really been an issue for me (except in rare cases when I really splurge on a design). Gem mastery on the other hand... if I come across a recipe during my theme cycles where I think "I'll probably never cook this again", or if gem mastery is imminent anyway, then I'll try to max it out, but admittedly, this doesn't always happen because I change themes so often. I have a ton of level 3 and 4 recipes across many appliances in my market that I have yet to master, and some ovens that I haven't even built yet because they don't "fit" a theme idea I have in mind.

If I had to choose a specific style from your list, I'd probably self-classify as (1), but I don't think it necessarily happened as soon as I reached level 99. It started at a point where I decided I'd rather spend my coins on decor rather than an expansion, and it picked up from there
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    I've been focused on mastering all oven recipes. It wasn't necessarily because I hit lvl 99 but because there wasn't much else to do? Especially before when goals were monthly, not bi-weekly or so. I have 2-3 more ovens to master then I will be cooking only RVC to make money to expand since that's the last thing I have left to do in my perspective, haha.

Other than that, I focus on collecting all items out there that I like. I complete every goal that comes out unless it involves gems because I want to get the new items that come out. I save gems from recipe mastery so that I can try for crates when they're on sale.

Executive Chef
    I've always been more about aesthetics over profit, so I can't really say it changed at level 99 for me. I like to decorate with the various holidays and seasons, that's the fun of the game to me as opposed to people who find it fun to make profit and expand (I envy the people who can do it all..lol) I've a relatively big Bakery in my opinion, I forget what expansion I'm on, another thing that didn't really change for me when I got to level 99, I'll expand when I have the coin or decide to splurge with gems but it's not on my radar really... level 99 didn't change that for me.

I'm also one of those people who don't like a lot of counters in their Bakery. So I am slow on the gem mastery, I thought when I reached level 99 that I'd be more into mastering the recipes but I'm not, it clutters up my Bakery and I'd rather not throw it all away because while my coin amount is decent it's not endless and I do like to spend it on decorating. So if I cook it I sell it, with a rare exception. I am trying to finish off a few recipes I've reached level 3 and 4 on but goals come first so I don't mind stopping when I need to. I never leave stoves empty, if nothing else is going on I cook RVC to increase coin. My stoves are always out so I may as well always have something cooking. I'm fine with just RVC for long periods when I don't want to keep track of my gem mastery.

I personally wish goals were (a little) less frequent, I used to like the idea of reaching 99 and having time to catch up with recipes but S8 changed that and I'm not complaining because so many people love the goals and they keep the game fresh and I always prioritize them myself, I do enjoy them. I guess what I'm saying is level 99 isn't what it used to be at one stage. That's fine, it's what you make it yourself. As long as you're enjoying the game and playing the way you like to play, level 99 doesn't change much.

Good question and I hope everyone's feedback helps you decide on a strategy. Enjoy!
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

I am only cooking to master right now. My goal is to own all the appliances that they release and master them all. I don't change the design of my bakery all that much. What else is there to do now that I've hit lvl 99 and been there for over a year but to master all appliances and make money?

I never cooked recipes to match a theme, except for like holiday recipes or ovens (that I haven't mastered) for Halloween for example I have already mastered the ovens so I find it no point in cooking those recipes again.

I slowly decided to master appliances half way since I been level 99 (which has been over a year)My bakery is the expansion before 27x29. I only re decorate when there are popular holidays like Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc. but it's expensive lol.

I save up my gems for holiday sales. And if there is a non gem appliances / goals, I do those first then after start mastering those recipes and go back to the old appliances.

Oh and for the food on the counters. I started to clear them after 20K dishes lol, it doesn't bother me since I have like 100K's of dishes on my counters
    Level 99 / 4 star player

Rhino Keeper
    After I hit 99 i continued mastering to acquire more and more gems. The goal for me is gem maximization, however, now that I am at 99 and have over 5 million in coins, I love to decorate my bakery using a themed approach. I have a lot of food and a lot of counters, sometimes I don't cook as much to sell some food because I would also like to get up to 40 million + which I know will take quite some time. I know I can probably not play for 4-5 months and have more than enough food to go around.

I do all of the goals and master the goal ovens once I am done and then go back to the original ovens. Once I get to a point where most ovens are mastered, I'll probably start cooking only food that matches the appropriate decor theme I have going on.

I'm in it for the long haul!

Executive Chef
    I mastered all the recipes in all the appliances and right now I like to collect more gems for buying decorations. My expansion is already maximum. I choose to cook recipes that can earn profits like RVC.
    Enjoy Baking! 🍰

Fashion Designer
    I have been stubbornly intent on expanding my bakery. I still have lots of recipes to master, haven't exhausted all the coin appliances, but have been cooking a lot of RVC to generate income. However, I find that even with 22 ovens cooking RVC I sell them all long before 24 hours. I wonder how many ovens you need to keep a counter stocked with RVC if that's all you're selling.

After my next expansion (if I'm still playing this game) I will be using gems to expand. I did purchase 2 gem machines when they were available. I never spend gems for appliances, or to speed up cooking or skip goal steps. I skipped several of the last few goals because they did not yield profit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast