Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Castle story future???

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    I think the devs deserve a break. I think the employees are shocked by the company's movement too. I feel for them
    I agree. Layoffs aren't pleasant regardless of if you were let go or got to stay. Uncertainty, low morale, confusion, apprehension. Let everything settle down and see what happens then. And hope all those impacted find something that satisfies them.
    I play for fun ❤️🏰👸🏼 CS: kiro kingdom.

Banned
    I'm fine with no new challenges for a bit. I still haven't finished the main story lines or all my expansions.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    I think the devs deserve a break. I think the employees are shocked by the company's movement too. I feel for them
    This certainly is true.. and I feel sad for each one of them. It's not easy to consentrate on your work knowing your co-workers/friends have been laid off for good.
    There has been a massive change.. and who is left in place has to cover for the others. The work is not less.. but less workers have to cover what's to be done.. and not always possible in the time at disposition.

Total confusion will reign.. just hope the managers think also about the service towards their clients and not only what gain comes into their pockets. Games running perfect and fluently, with prompt service are few. Here's to hoping S8 made a correct decision and will not have negative results as many games have been through.

It's heartbreaking for clients too, who have made years of investments in a game, caring for it daily, to have to make a choice and leave due to lack of service and clear abandon of developers, as they do not advise in-game, so as not to face problems of who dares to ask for refunds.

Hoping this doesn't happen to our beloved CastleStory.. as it's unique and one of it's kind.. and hoping too S8 have a friendly heart like we do, behind our kingdoms.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-18-17 at 07:49 PM. Reason: removed third party comments
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

I do hope they continue to work on CS. Two things I really would like to see is the storyline continue and more mister hunts. Last monster hunt I bought the beastbane and I feel it went to waste if there won't be anything new to buy with what I'm saving.

I have to admit those hunts are the most fun off storyline and if ever they don't have a storyline to give a week in my opinion it should be a hunt instead.

But I have seen some interesting additions such as with the flowers, and some interesting in a less positive way such as the leaderboard event, but something is always going on. Just please listen to us and bring back what we are interested in. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    I read the article about the letting go of more than half their workers. sad position for anyone to be in.
    but I also read elsewhere about the company and its management. appears they may have dug their own grave.
    I do hope this game can survive, but I hold little hope.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by parlski View Post
    I read the article about the letting go of more than half their workers. sad position for anyone to be in.
    but I also read elsewhere about the company and its management. appears they may have dug their own grave.
    I have a bad feeling the CS team is gone. There were a number of updates teased which makes this week's silence strange otherwise. I played S8s mystery/hidden objects game which they quit updating years ago, yet it stayed listed to play for newcomers. Suspect CS is in same boat. Hope I'm wrong.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny42 View Post
    I have a bad feeling the CS team is gone. There were a number of updates teased which makes this week's silence strange otherwise. I played S8s mystery/hidden objects game which they quit updating years ago, yet it stayed listed to play for newcomers. Suspect CS is in same boat. Hope I'm wrong.
    At least we were forewarned. They'd do better to release a statement if they are going to continue to have the game at all. People won't buy anything from a game if they know it is going to be defunct and I think a lot of us have had that happen before. They wouldn't have had to release new updates either - there were a number of older ones like the love shack that people were clamoring for. Who owns S8?
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-18-17 at 07:46 PM. Reason: removed third party reference

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny42 View Post
    I really hope that S8 decides to continue Castle Story, at least long enough to give the story some closure. (What is in the locket and that glass case already?!)
    If the decision has already been made, I wish they would just say so, because I have a gem sale offer today. I'm not even tempted, but for people who don't follow the forums, that could mean a purchase that will be useless if game support does end up being discontinued.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parlski View Post
    Storm 8 has "more than 50 million monthly active users and more than 1 billion downloads on iOS and Android" and "was one of the first free-to-play mobile game publishers to announce that they earned $1 million in a single day". So it's puzzling that they would find themselves in this sort of a situation.

I really hope that S8 decides to continue Castle Story, at least long enough to give the story some closure. (What is in the locket and that glass case already?!)
    If the decision has already been made, I wish they would just say so, because I have a gem sale offer today. I'm not even tempted, but for people who don't follow the forums, that could mean a purchase that will be useless if game support does end up being discontinued.
    Yes, they could at least open up that territory with the glass cage at the bottom of our screens. Or release a statement telling us what it was going to be. But they don't respect their players very much which might have been their downfall.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-18-17 at 07:44 PM. Reason: removed third party references

Fashion Designer
    When S8 stopped Fairytale Wonderland , they did give players notice but I can't remember how much. Though that was still in its early stages, so didn't have the dedication this game has. And I guess it may be different if they stop work on a number of their games at the same time.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast