Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle story future???

Rhino Keeper
    Now, I'm having trouble getting into the game. And, if it's not when I initially start playing. It's when the free gift banner appears, I tap it, that little wheel starts spinning, then, boom....I'm out of the game...back to my iPad's home page. Oh my!
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-17-17 at 11:36 AM. Reason: removed mod action comments- see forum rules

Rhino Keeper
    This is sad news indeed, not just for staff who have been laid off, but for future of the game. I started playing 3 years ago and have diligently kept at it because for the first 2 and half years, the story line, quests etc were very engaging. Last 6-8 months is sheer habit and lovely neighbors. Did try FS2, RS2 and DS but didn't find them as interactive and engaging as CS.

I do hope things workout for S8 and CS reverts to main story line to retain it's client base.
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Rhino Keeper
    I am an Android user, and was planning to invest in an i-pad shortly because i am fed up with the frequent crashes on my tablet which make CS virtually unplayable at times. Also on IOS I would hopefully be able to watch the videos for gems and get back to visiting neighbours.

Now if CS faces an uncertain future I will definitely wait a while before parting with my cash.

Rhino Keeper
    So sad for all those people who lost their jobs. The game industry is rutheless that way.
    Also sad to read that "the studio looks to streamline and refocus its mobile game operations".
    I read that as "all games are going to be one and the same game, albeit labelled with different names". One event formula timeline accross all games, except in Castle Story you will be crafting beams, while in Restaurant Story you will be cooking eggs, but the basic concept will be the same.

I fear for the unique Story line in Castle Story. We haven't seen a story update for so long! Only these boring events with mediocre rewards. Nothing to make me feel truly "rewarded".

Maybe it's time to nurse myself off of this addiction.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    So sad for all those people who lost their jobs. The game industry is rutheless that way.
    Also sad to read that "the studio looks to streamline and refocus its mobile game operations".
    I read that as "all games are going to be one and the same game, albeit labelled with different names". One event formula timeline accross all games, except in Castle Story you will be crafting beams, while in Restaurant Story you will be cooking eggs, but the basic concept will be the same.

I fear for the unique Story line in Castle Story. We haven't seen a story update for so long! Only these boring events with mediocre rewards. Nothing to make me feel truly "rewarded".

Maybe it's time to nurse myself off of this addiction.
    I think this is what many will start to do if these timed events continue. I did it last year for the first Naga event I can and will do it again if I feel it necessary to do so. Though as I'm off sick again I may push it further than I normally would do to cure boredom.

Executive Chef
    Terrible news for the future of the game.
    Looks like it'll die soon.
    Pity it never got finished and the brilliant start never got the conclusion it deserved.

I'll expand my remaining expansions and call it a day I guess.

Rhino Keeper
    So sad for those that lost their jobs and I hope they were treated fairly. It will be a sad day if this game goes so many have made friends around the world, all down to a story that now looks will have a Very Unhappy Ending!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    This is sad news indeed, not just for staff who have been laid off, but for future of the game. I started playing 3 years ago and have diligently kept at it because for the first 2 and half years, the story line, quests etc were very engaging. Last 6-8 months is sheer habit and lovely neighbors. Did try FS2, RS2 and DS but didn't find them as interactive and engaging as CS.

I do hope things workout for S8 and CS reverts to main story line to retain it's client base.
    I too have tried all those other games. (downloaded them for the gems) And I agree, none were as engaging or interesting as Castle Story. I have searched and tried to find another game with the same appeal, and I haven't been able to do so. There are a ton of FS and RS type games out there, but there is no character development, no sense of community, and no interesting backstory to those type of games. Just doing the same things over and over and making the bakery or restaurant bigger and maybe redecorating, bored me to tears. I won't get into DS out of respect for it's fans, but I will just say it was not the game for me.
    Since S8 merged all of its games under the S8 umbrella, they seem to have been pushing CS more into the same format as all the other games. Using a formula that I'm sure is easier to streamline and "manage" but disappointing many of its customers in the process.
    Based on the fact that they have just had to lay off over half of their employees, maybe it's time to revisit whether that "formula" is actually working all that well.
    My hope is that when they 'refocus' it is going to be on taking a risk and getting back to the original castle story, and maybe creating some more games that "break the mold" and ditch the 'formula'. Please S8, reintroduce imagination and creativity.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Farm Supplier
    S8 Please listen to the comments from your players. We know you need to make money, we understand that. But what you might not get is if you bring back the originality of Castle Story, we will support you. Most of us don't mind spending gems as long as it is worthwhile. I for one don't mind buying limited edition items for my kingdom. Lots of games have those. It makes it fun. We could even trade them with each other or gift them.

There are so many ways to create revenue within the game without destroying the storyline or making your loyal gamers feel used. Just try reading this forum. There have been so many amazing ideas thrown out that we would love to see happen. Just read. Revenue ideas abound. I have 10 ideas right now that would work seamlessly for both us gamers and your company.

The bottom line is we want Castle Story to stay and want to help make it happen. Think back to when you created this game for Facebook. Go back there and start fresh. We support you.

Rhino Keeper
    With a reduced staff it is unlikely S8 are going to focus on making/keeping castle story the unique experience it was/is.

I can see S8 will make all their games clones of each other with similar events as outlined above.

Sadly for me there was/is nothing like castle story out there.

I am sure someone once said the average life of a game was 3 years"...........

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast