Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle story future???

Fashion Designer
    We came here when they shut down Hidden Objects. It was the same. You couldn't level up and no expansions. We came as a group when someone said we could visit. I would miss my friends.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    Maybe if they thought more of the their customers wanted and not the greed they would be on top and not laying people off
    In everything there is a balance
    I so wish this were true, but it seems in American culture it's better to have it all for five minutes than enough forever.
    Proud Member of the ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔
    Wild of Wildwood🍄
    Magical Mystery Sword Engraved #️⃣5️⃣1️⃣
    🐛🐛🏵|☸️|💎===💎===💎===💎===>

If they let so many people go then it is a no brainer that they will close some of their games. Lets hope the best for this one.

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry, that they weren't listening to change their format, they might have kept all the dedicated players. But, instead, I believe they lost a lot of those loyal customers, which caused lack of funds and they needed to downsize. Sorry for those who lost their job!

Does this mean, we won't have a new event this week??? Hmmmmm....
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-16-17 at 02:27 PM. Reason: removed mod action comments- see forum rules

Executive Chef
    But as it stands at the moment is it? I love this game but timed quest after timed quest. How many stags and polar bears? It's not the game I found 3 years ago.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnisWa View Post
    Sorry, that they weren't listening to change their format, they might have kept all the dedicated players. But, instead, I believe they lost a lot of those loyal customers, which caused lack of funds and they needed to downsize. Sorry for those who lost their job!
    This I believe is essentially where they went wrong. But let's face it customers, pay people their wages. It's a statement of fact. I run my own business every time I lose a customer my wage goes down every time I gain, my wage goes up. I have to provide a good service to keep, gain and build. A reputation takes years to build, seconds to destroy. This last event left a lot of people not wanting to do exactly what s8 wants us to do, but we've seen plenty spending gems like their going out of fashion. Those gems might go out of fashion soon if Castle Story doesn't make the cut.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 02-16-17 at 02:28 PM. Reason: removed mod action comments- see forum rules

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    But as it stands at the moment is it? I love this game but timed quest after timed quest. How many stags and polar bears? It's not the game I found 3 years ago.
    S8 shot themselves in the foot with that strategy. They have basically reduced their paying customer base to those who can login daily multiple times. Players who can't play every day or can only login once or twice a day have no chance of ever completing quests and are unlikely to spend money on gems.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian452 View Post
    S8 shot themselves in the foot with that strategy. They have basically reduced their paying customer base to those who can login daily multiple times. Players who can't play every day or can only login once or twice a day have no chance of ever completing quests and are unlikely to spend money on gems.
    I believe they have shot themselves in the foot with those daily players too. I am one of those who can log in multiple times per day and play daily, but I have not bought, and will not buy gems to get through any of the types of events we've had lately. As the saying goes: "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
    People are getting fed up with timed events designed to force gem spending. And they are getting wise to the fact that these events are all carbon copies with the same repetitive tasks and mediocre prizes. (And mediocre is a generous description, IMO)

I haven't read the article yet, but I do feel sorry for the laid off employees. Hopefully they will quickly find employment elsewhere and somewhere where they'll be able to use more of their creativity and imagination. I've been feeling (and posting) that the game has become all about greed with no concern for customer preferences. That formula can only work for so long before customers move on. But it sure makes me sad that such a fun little game with so much potential could become a casualty in the process. And to a great extent, it already has.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 02-16-17 at 04:28 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I believe they have shot themselves in the foot with those daily players too. I am one of those who can log in multiple times per day and play daily, but I have not bought, and will not buy gems to get through any of the types of events we've had lately. As the saying goes: "You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."
    People are getting fed up with timed events designed to force gem spending. And they are getting wise to the fact that these events are all carbon copies with the same repetitive tasks and mediocre prizes. (And mediocre is a generous description, IMO) xox

I haven't read the article yet, but I do feel sorry for the laid off employees. Hopefully they will quickly find employment elsewhere and somewhere where they'll be able to use more of their creativity and imagination. I've been feeling (and posting) that the game has become all about greed with no concern for customer preferences. That formula can only work for so long before customers move on. But it sure makes me sad that such a fun little game with so much potential could become a casualty in the process. And to a great extent, it already has.

well said.
    i never understood why devs of games dont listen more closely to the player base? how many games have died on pc , or ipad , or android because of it. i understand you cant give everyone everything they ask. but when there is such a vocal amount of players all requesting the SAME thing, that should be a clue....or a red flag that they are going in the wrong/right direction....but what do i know.....now wheres my martini.?...?...

xox
    cyn

Executive Chef
    I hope those employees find jobs. Who knows, what would happen to s8 ... Hope for the best.
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast