Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Limited time GPD

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    some other thoughts about S8 and retiring these dragons... not only have they reached new lows, they are sneaky types. in this thread players have mentioned saving gold for a GPD sale. Perhaps S8 figures put this notice out, buy now or forget about it so we use saved gold, then in a bit they introduce new GPDs, of course at much higher regular prices than 1600 gold. But add a twist, these they do on sale as they have with new ones and lo and behold players who bought the old ones while they could don't have saved gold anymore. So now if they want to take advantage of sale prices, should they buy gold? a definite dilemma for me...buy or wait but I see those sneaky petes doing something like that.
    I was thinking the same thing!!!

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been closed or deleted yet. With my luck lately I'll just say I feel for all of you. I'd love to have a GPD one day but it's too expensive and I'm really soured by bingo to even try for that one. I hope sometime this year we could have things both the fans of DS and S8 can agree on. I could suggest this, maybe have a GPD as the prize dragon in a special tournament a la like the Dark Prime Chrono 48 dragon tourney or a prize for Dragon Tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    some other thoughts about S8 and retiring these dragons... not only have they reached new lows, they are sneaky types. in this thread players have mentioned saving gold for a GPD sale. Perhaps S8 figures put this notice out, buy now or forget about it so we use saved gold, then in a bit they introduce new GPDs, of course at much higher regular prices than 1600 gold. But add a twist, these they do on sale as they have with new ones and lo and behold players who bought the old ones while they could don't have saved gold anymore. So now if they want to take advantage of sale prices, should they buy gold? a definite dilemma for me...buy or wait but I see those sneaky petes doing something like that.
    Sneaky... I didn't even think of this possibility, but it would make a lot of business sense. I had enough gold to buy all these leaving dragons, I probably would have fallen for it already >_<

That said, things have changed across their entire suite of games though so I still think it's possible that they may not introduce any new gold giving dragons ever. They may rotate the existing ones in and out, but if they allow anyone to have more than 13 GPD then they would probably have to start introducing inflation to devalue the currency (ie. raise in game prices for speeding up things) just to stay in business. There's a lot of in game gold being generated that it must be eating into their revenue. I play a pretty mean game at Bingo and LB without having spent any real world money ever, and I'm only on 11 GPD. The alternative would be to introduce a new premium premium currency into the game, and relegate gold as a second tier currency, but that would be a major innovation to current gameplay.

Fashion Designer
    If S8 devalues GPDs then I'll probably be finished with DS, I've been playing their games long enough that some of their games that I first played haven't been supported in over a year. It's disappointing although not surprising what they've taken away from DS already, no gold for tourneys or tales..no gold quest and zero gold from STW.

That newer players are at an extreme disadvantage in bingo/leaderboard because of their lack of GPDs may be the writing on the wall that they want us all to have to pay hundreds of dollars a month to continue to play DS. Not worth the money IMO.

Could these dragons come back for limited time in future? Would like to know from S8

Rhino Keeper
    Very sad that these are leaving without a sale price - I would have bought a few if they were on sale.

Rhino Keeper
    I literally just wanted the Northstar because it's gorgeous, but for 1,600 gold it's just not worth it. Besides, I'm pretty positive they're going to bring these back (not a discount) at some point in the future. I understand that GPD's really eat into S8's profits, but this and all the other ways they have been going about making more money, at least as the general concensus is concerned, have been making people quit or stop playing the game religiously because they're getting fed up.
    So I ask you S8, if people like me who regularly spend money on the game even with 6 GPD's aren't enough for you; what is? What is your end game here? To drive out literally everyone who doesn't have a boatload of free time whom also makes a decent living? Come on. Let your players have fun, would ya? I know this is my second post but I'm sorry- I really, really wanted that Northstar dragon. It was going to be my final GPD, but now I may never have it. Thanks, S8. This is in no way a threat; but I was already going to be slowing down after the Valentine's Day LB. But with this, I may just plain stop playing all together.

This is coming from someone who's been here from the beginning with Team Lava; you guys need to rethink your business strategy with these games.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    What Gold All Over Quest? I've never seen this quest available in my outpost.

This is one of those moments when I not happy that I called it. Maybe even jinxed it.

I guess this makes the game more unbalanced. The new players will never have a chance against the older players in gold intensive events like Bingo and Leaderboard. Imagine seeing an opponent packing 13 gold producing dragons, when you can only ever buy 4. I'm a bit worried that this would be a turn-off for new players and if fewer new players join then DS might end up on that slow decline into obscurity. I do hope this game stays popular.

I think removing some of the older ones is fair, but removing so many in one go... that's a lot of money for people to spend in one go if they don't want to miss out. It's not even over two pay cycles >_<
    It's in the book...

Rhino Keeper
    They're kidding. I'm sure they'll definitely soon go on sale.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    They're kidding. I'm sure they'll definitely soon go on sale.
    Doubt it. They want players dumping tons of cash into weekly gold purchases, not collecting gold from GPDs.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast