Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Royal Games! - 9-15 February, 2017 | *info in post 2*

Farm Supplier
    This event was the least enjoyable challenge I've ever participated in with CS. I wanted the horse and trade tickets and managed to win my bracket (which wasn't super competitive,) but it feels like a hollow victory. Winning at the expense of other players just doesn't feel like "fun" to me.

I began playing CS because of the charming STORY, characters and buildings. S8, please go back to those attributes of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    The problem is that Storm8 with this event, managed to annoy almost everyone who played the game.
    1) The players who believe the leaderboard events are against the community spirit of castle story
    2) The players who dislike the stress of competitive events
    3) The players who thought even the castle wasn't worth the effort
    4) The players who spent enormous amounts of time crafting/cooking/tapping and/or some gems and boosts, only to get disappointing rewards
    5) The players who spent enormous amounts of time as above but were pipped to the post at the last minute so they didn't even get the disappointing rewards
    6) The legitimate gem spenders who plotted and spent enormous amounts of money/gems and time to get first 2 places, only to get a horse no better in drops than a coin horse. You do not want to alienate this group!

WHY?

I belong to group 4 with the 'and' not 'or' btw...
    1, 2, 4 and 6 here. I didn't even participate in whatever the last event was. The rewards for the effort involved are junk.
    I should have known that this "new" event was also junk. Just another horse like the ones from the barons tent that I don't need to bother anyone for.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamochan View Post
    ...BUT what got me was the golden nugget helmet.... I had three nuggets and really did not want to use them, but I ended up with three requests for helms on my request.... so I used one to clear the quest, and was then limited to just the one section for creating items. This is MAD because the nugget is a random drop and cannot be bought with gems or acquired any other way than at random... so I was at the mercy of a random drop which, by the way, never happened.
    This was my big fear during the event- being blocked by only helms. If I wasn't harvesting carrots, cabbages, or red petals, I was chopping rocks. I did manage to get a few gold nuggets, and was really trying not to use them all, but I did. I even decided to spend 15 gems in the final two hours for the boost, only because I was trying to make 2300 to get the castle. Until that point I was just under 300 short, and would have missed it without the boost.

But I also wanted to mention that a nugget could be purchased for gems on the helm crafting screen. But at 80 gems for one nugget (i.e. $4) it was ridiculously expensive. Even if I had had enough gems, I would never have spent that much on a single gold nuggets. If I had gotten trapped by three helms, that would have been the end of the event for me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    The problem is that Storm8 with this event, managed to annoy almost everyone who played the game.
    1) The players who believe the leaderboard events are against the community spirit of castle story
    2) The players who dislike the stress of competitive events
    3) The players who thought even the castle wasn't worth the effort
    4) The players who spent enormous amounts of time crafting/cooking/tapping and/or some gems and boosts, only to get disappointing rewards
    5) The players who spent enormous amounts of time as above but were pipped to the post at the last minute so they didn't even get the disappointing rewards
    6) The legitimate gem spenders who plotted and spent enormous amounts of money/gems and time to get first 2 places, only to get a horse no better in drops than a coin horse. You do not want to alienate this group!

WHY?

I belong to group 4 with the 'and' not 'or' btw...
    S/8 needs to read our feed back. We are not happy campers

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuriousNotion View Post
    I thought I would add in my opinion. I have not played much other than daily checking in for around a year. I got tired of all the timed updates and storybook quests that did nothing to advance the main storyline or develop the characters, especially because most of the tasks during these timed events are usually very repetitive and uncreative with the occasional rare drop requirement that does not belong in a timed event. When I decided a couple months ago to start playing more, I grew all my unhatched alicorn parts in my Love Shack because all these timed events are very energy intensive and CS is not what it once was, now focused more on encouraging gem use than the leisurely play that got me so addicted. Anyway, now I am seeing this royal game event shortly after coming back. I am thinking yet another thing to encourage gem use and yet another excuse not to advance the storyline and character development. I used no extra energy and not one gem to get to 3000 points in this event and that is exactly where I stopped. I have no intention of participating in another. I am not playing CS to compete against anyone.
    I think I may just do the same next time. Don't need the stress. I did notice in my group that we all stabilised in the last few days and stayed at the same ranking. So once I made the decision to go for the steed unless there was crazy jumps at the end it seemed that was the way it was going to go. I woke this morning to find I got second. So I was happy but I do think if it happens again I'll either not play at all or get to the top goal and stop.

Executive Chef
    If all stayed at same points in the leaderboard we all get the top prize ,,

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    If all stayed at same points in the leaderboard we all get the top prize ,,
    I think so too.. I had same position with a nbr.. we had same points and same rank.. and final LB results are both in the same position and same prize. it was not for 1st position.. but was accepted by LB.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    I think so too.. I had same position with a nbr.. we had same points and same rank.. and final LB results are both in the same position and same prize. it was not for 1st position.. but was accepted by LB.
    it's a way we all get the top prizes ,some people are just to competitive

I'm quite disappointed in myself, looking back now I too realize just how many silver runes I use for boosts thinking nothing of it and now I'm down to two. Not that I have an immediate use for them with my gold still so low, but still they were hard to earn and I lost them for 12th place. I didn't spend gems as I saw there was no way in my group I would be in the top. 20 minutes in and we had 2 players in the thousands.

I would much rather of had a monster hunt! Remember those!? I wonder if ever they will come back. I know it's not part of the main storyline which I want as well, but of anything off story it would have to be the monster hunts that I love, not a competitive leaderboard.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank goodness this event is over. I'm not going to say I will not enter the next event - too much of an addict for that - but I will certainly think twice.

I went to bed an hour before the end, when I was in second place, and I was pleased to see I was still there this morning. The winner had almost 9000 points, almost twice my own total, and I was only a small amount ahead of the players in 3rd and 4th place.

To achieve this I spent;-
    22 gems
    70 bronze and 70 silver runes
    10 gold nuggets
    2 x 25 energy chests
    5 x 10 energy chests
    All my red dye and red petals
    Most of my carrots and cabbages
    50 of my carefully hoarded icy willows
    200,000+ coins.

I had the game open at least 12 hours out of every 24, and a lot of my points came from the usual mindless tree and rock chopping. I am glad of the 15 trade tickets, but was it worth the resources spent? Probably not.

So PLEASE S8, no more leaderboard events! If you read the feedback it is about 90% negative, so PLEASE listen to us. Give us a Monster Hunt, and soon.