Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valentine update in the iTunes

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ReinierMamaWouter View Post
    I hope so too. I don't understand the reference to "leaderbord"either.
    Don't know how CS leaderboard will work.. but in a few other games I played, where there were leaderboards, it was simply an updated list with kingdom names showing their XP totals. As a player earned more XPs their name would automatically move higher on the result board.. finally to remain visible on the board.

It was obvious that older players were on top of the list.. due to the more years they played, more collections they made, more buildings they owned.. would all add up into their XPs.

There was not only the XP Board.. there was also different boards where you could see: who had most friends, who received most gifts, who 'weekly' gained more xps, and finally top rating of the entire game.

It was not really a 'live' competition against other kingdoms.. it was just your placement in participating in the game. Maybe only the first 300/500 names would show.. but you could always 'search' and find your own personal name. This would inspiring players to continue playing and participating.. so their name would appear in a 'fixed shown' position.

What was very useful with these 'leaderboards' is you could see who was active in the game.. as after 10days.. if you did not open your game.. your name would disappear, as you were 'inactive', but, if ever you opened the game again and participated in something.. your name would be re-inserted and visible, if you had a 'visible' placement. Abandoned kingdoms, inactive kingdoms, broken games not being used anymore would all be elimated.

This might just be S8's solution on being able go judge 'active' and 'inactive' kingdoms. So many players start playing, but considerably few continue. With this system.. who plays daily.. can be seen.

Hope I have not set off confusion.. but someone asked how could 'leaderboards' work. This is an example of different games I know.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 02-07-17 at 11:58 PM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    My understanding of it (limited that it is as I don't do DS leaderboards, but I did win one in Fantasy Forest) is that you compete with a particular group of people (no idea how groups are chosen) and you 'do' things in your kingdom. Whoever can do the most of the list of things that count towards points gets the prize.

I can't think of what things we might do, but I imagine it's probably about crafting items and growing things, defeating monsters, doing trades, maybe Elven and/or Royal exchange. In the other games that have leaderboards it does seem like those players who spend the most time in the game and those that use boosts and gems win and jump ahead in points quickly.

I guess we wait and see...
    Thank you!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Don't know how CS leaderboard will work.. but in a few other games I played, where there were leaderboards, it was simply an updated list with kingdom names showing their XP totals. As a player earned more XPs their name would automatically move higher on the result board.. finally to remain visible on the board.

It was obvious that older players were on top of the list.. due to the more years they played, more collections they made, more buildings they owned.. would all add up into their XPs.

There was not only the XP Board.. there was also different boards where you could see: who had most friends, who received most gifts, who 'weekly' gained more xps, and finally top rating of the entire game.

It was not really a 'live' competition against other kingdoms.. it was just your placement in participating in the game. Maybe only the first 300/500 names would show.. but you could always 'search' and find your own personal name. This would inspiring players to continue playing and participating.. so their name would appear in a 'fixed shown' position.

What was very useful with these 'leaderboards' is you could see who was active in the game.. as after 10days.. if you did not open your game.. your name would disappear, as you were 'inactive', but, if ever you opened the game again and participated in something.. your name would be re-inserted and visible, if you had a 'visible' placement. Abandoned kingdoms, inactive kingdoms, broken games not being used anymore would all be elimated.

This might just be S8's solution on being able go judge 'active' and 'inactive' kingdoms. So many players start playing, but considerably few continue. With this system.. who plays daily.. can be seen.

Hope I have not set off confusion.. but someone asked how could 'leaderboards' work. This is an example of different games I know.
    Thank you!

Fashion Designer
    Note that the iOS update itself did not specifically mention the term leaderboard. It says compete against other kingdoms, and collect Royal Games points to gain prizes. So it sounds like a live competition.

And if it it is like other S8 leaderboards, (which are not like those I have seen in other games), we are unlikely to see where our neighbours ended up to know if they are active or not.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ashanthya View Post
    The thing that interests me the most about bringing the Leaderboard event to CS, isn't the prizes (which'll probably be an exclusive animal/coin building/deco), but the Spin-the-wheel. In DS & FFS the wheel always has a wedge for that games equivalent of TRADE TICKETS! Eeeeeeee! A (potentially) new way of getting trade tickets! Now, THAT has me excited.
    Think *BIGGER*... Make that expansion permits! now I'd make time somehow to get more of them!

Thanks for the extra info on how the leaderboard thing may work.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    My understanding of it (limited that it is as I don't do DS leaderboards, but I did win one in Fantasy Forest) is that you compete with a particular group of people (no idea how groups are chosen) and you 'do' things in your kingdom. Whoever can do the most of the list of things that count towards points gets the prize.

I can't think of what things we might do, but I imagine it's probably about crafting items and growing things, defeating monsters, doing trades, maybe Elven and/or Royal exchange. In the other games that have leaderboards it does seem like those players who spend the most time in the game and those that use boosts and gems win and jump ahead in points quickly.

I guess we wait and see...
    Just as long as it's not a way of pushing players to use gems to complete whatever tasks! This would become a money spending game.. instead of simple leisure and something 'live' to do.
    I have already abandoned games for this same reason.. too much stress and expenses not calculated. It's not RL here and should be a pleasure. Just hope no major changes are made.
    We'll wait and see.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    CS notifications are going crazy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170208-103606.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	35887

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraRanomi View Post
    CS notifications are going crazy.
    and that's why you turn them off! lol

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't turn off the "quick invite" setting in time... anyone else get a pant load of invites from the "add me!!!" types?

Rhino Keeper
    Actually, now that I think about it, DS recently introduced a type of Bingo game as an event. In it, every square on the Bingo card has an action to perform, like breed a specific dragon or plant a specific crop so many times or go on certain quests, ect. Each square is worth so many points and completing a Bingo gets you even more points (& a new card). You compete in groups of 20 (again!) in a 'League' and prizes are boosts (such as speeding up crops by 10 times). Everybody is sorted into one of the Leagues and the top players in the lower Leagues advance up the chain of Leagues and the bottom players drop a League. There are 5 Leagues: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Stone and Timber. Players in the top Leagues can also win Tickets as well as boosts. Tickets can be cashed in for exclusive prizes. One of the prizes (the most expensive of course) is a gold-producing dragon. The equivalent in CS would be a daily alicorn that always dropped purple diamonds.

My long-winded point 🙂 is that the group you are currently competing against displays in a Leaderboard view as well. While this is labeled an 'Adventure League Bingo Event' in DS, it's still a Leaderboard-type event. This particular type of event might fit better in CS than the DS 'Leaderboard Events' straight-out competition.
    Last edited by ashanthya; 02-08-17 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Spelling is evil & so is autocorrect.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast