Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Valentine update in the iTunes

Rhino Keeper
    Update for Android is now also available.

Like the new tiny castle notification.
    Last edited by TerraRanomi; 02-07-17 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added text

Rhino Keeper
    I don't play Dragon Story. Can someone briefly explain the leaderboard or link to a DS thread that explains it?

Executive Chef
    Looks like we got fresh clothes to wear...

Executive Chef
    Compete with other kingdoms? It does not sound good
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Rhino Keeper
    Just opened the Android version. It wanted me to sign in via Google Play Games so I could play against other people. No thanks S8. Wont be doing that.

ETA. Really really slow in loading and putting all inventory in place. And I dont have a full/busy kingdom.

Do like the fact that the market is now showing a Sale sign. Thumbs up for that one

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    I don't play Dragon Story. Can someone briefly explain the leaderboard or link to a DS thread that explains it?
    I hope so too. I don't understand the reference to "leaderbord"either.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    My understanding of it (limited that it is as I don't do DS leaderboards, but I did win one in Fantasy Forest) is that you compete with a particular group of people (no idea how groups are chosen) and you 'do' things in your kingdom. Whoever can do the most of the list of things that count towards points gets the prize.

I can't think of what things we might do, but I imagine it's probably about crafting items and growing things, defeating monsters, doing trades, maybe Elven and/or Royal exchange. In the other games that have leaderboards it does seem like those players who spend the most time in the game and those that use boosts and gems win and jump ahead in points quickly.

I guess we wait and see...

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    I'm Android. I had an automatic update but it wouldn't load in any of my kingdoms. Never had loading problem before on my device.Thanks to TerraRanomi suggesting I reinstall I can get in and am well ready for new event....unless it's a darn leaderboard. Don't like those. It's usually the top 2 players out of 20 in our leaderboards who get the grand prize...in other words usually the ones who use the most gold/gems, but there are prizes we can get by reaching milestones by making points by various means. We can only wait and see how it is.

Executive Chef
    Wowza! What an update on the way!

Super worried about this Royal Games/leaderboard/competing against my neighbours.
    Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of disappointed players and a lot of hard work for no guaranteed prizes

Ivy gets a lover!!!
    He better be a sexy forest fella who's a little more in touch with correct ideas of romance.
    (moreso than Clyde, Stanley or the Baron seem to be. )
    Assuming he'll be walker.

Hopefully this "chaos in the clouds" they mention fixes up the Elven trades.
    Wuold make sense if someone or something has been intercepting the Cloudsparrow on its return and taking all our runes.
    Sky pirates?!?

Rhino Keeper
    The thing I hate most about the Leaderboard events is that only the top two players out of a random group of twenty get the grand prize. And the people that get that prize are usually the ones that spend actual, physical money since the Leaderboards are heavily skewed in that direction. Otoh, the whales love Leaderboards. And S8 loves whales. Sometimes the whales have no problem spending literally hundreds of dollars on a single Leaderboard event. If you have multiple whales in your group, the points value can get astronomical really fast.

(There is a current Leaderboard event ongoing in FFS.) To get points in DS, you have to breed, hatch, evolve, and feed your dragons. The rarer the dragon, bred or hatched, the more points you get. You can also buy deco (for gold! (The CS equivalent of purple diamonds!)) exclusive to the event that give you Leaderboard points every few hours. We also get a Spin-the-wheel that you can spin every 4 hours that gives Leaderboard points or deco items like paths. There are Milestone prizes that everyone can earn if you get enough points. Usually all but the final Milestone prize are recycled from other things, like a dragon that was a prize from a different event or from a limited-time breeding opportunity. Sometimes they are good prizes, like a new habitat that was previously only available for gold, and sometimes not so much, like 4 paths. The final Milestone prize, and the prize for the first and second place winners of the Leaderboard event, are always new and exclusive dragons. So that's 2 new dragons per Leaderboard event: one everyone who works hard can get (usually a super rare), and one that only 2 people in your competition group of 20 will get (usually an ultra rare).

The thing that interests me the most about bringing the Leaderboard event to CS, isn't the prizes (which'll probably be an exclusive animal/coin building/deco), but the Spin-the-wheel. In DS & FFS the wheel always has a wedge for that games equivalent of TRADE TICKETS! Eeeeeeee! A (potentially) new way of getting trade tickets! Now, THAT has me excited.
    Last edited by ashanthya; 02-08-17 at 04:33 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast