Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deleting old dragon crafting pieces. Why isn't this a thing yet?

Farm Supplier

Unhappy Deleting old dragon crafting pieces. Why isn't this a thing yet? *SOLVED*

Edit- Old parts have now been hidden as per players requests!! KP 3-8-17

Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    Just so everyone knows, you still own the items, I've just hidden them from your storage. I see that there are still some really old parts in there that we'll likely hide soon as well.

So, S8, I've got all these partial collections of pieces for crafting various dragons that went away before I was able to finish them...and now my inventory is a mess. Isn't there some way to get rid of this stuff?

It's not like I can use mystic cards, ironbars, mineral deposits, puzzle pieces, sulfurite, mail, chandelier crystals, pan flutes, haunted runestones, etc., ect., ECT. anymore. I'm past the point of rolling my eyes at the fact that I missed out on being able to craft them and now I just want them gone...I need the room.

How about being able to sell them for some coin? I'd be happy with just being able to delete them (with a confirmation button, of course). I'd be even happier if they just disappeared from inventory as soon as the ability to craft whatever dragons they belong to became unavailable. I vaguely recall such a mechanic happening a long while back, but that could just be wishful thinking.

Sure, I'd be willing to bet there are those players out there that like collecting that stuff (I know there certainly are over in Castle Story and frankly, that inventory system over there leaves so much to be desired, it's not even funny), but that's what the confirmation button would be there for.

I can't help wondering if maybe one of the reasons my S8 games crash so much (oh, so much) is because they have to load all these ridiculous inventories bloated with useless junk. These days, I don't even like looking at my storage button the wrong way, lest it crash the game. I'm hoping this is a change that's just been in development, rather than something that's been forgotten so that developers can work on bringing us a bingo game that's impossible to win and prize wheels that don't turn very easily, etc.

I just want to declutter my inventory in DS...also in Castle Story, Restaurant Story, and Bakery Story....is that so much to ask? There's no way I'm the only one that has issues with the inventories on all of these games. If it meant that everybody had to wait a couple months for a new event while the inventory system was revamped, I think people would actually welcome the break. These back to back events are kinda stressful when you're busy. I know I'm not the only one that has dragons they can't raise to max level because the food requirements are steep enough you have to save up for an event instead. It would save server space too, I'd imagine, getting rid of all that useless junk.

Please, please, please?

EDIT: HOORAY! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It's so much easier to scroll through now. And I just realized how many path pieces in decor I've got...yikes.
    Last edited by Eilonthay; 03-16-17 at 04:06 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I had an idea for the extra parts a while back:

Toss any 100 spare parts into the crafting shack. Choose the Mystery Dragon button to begin crafting. 24 hours later, an egg will be ready. Which egg? That's the mystery! The egg will match one of the parts you used (randomly selected), but which one?

This would be a good way to empty out the crammed storage units, plus give players another chance to collect a crafted dragon or two they missed out on. The kinda-gambling/mystery aspect would make it fun and exciting! At the very least, the newly crafted dragons could be traded away for gemstones. Win/win/win, all around.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 02-06-17 at 06:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I had an idea for the extra parts a while back:

Toss any 100 spare parts into the crafting shack. Choose the Mystery Dragon button to begin crafting. 24 hours later, an egg will be ready. Which egg? That's the mystery! The egg will match one of the parts you used (randomly selected), but which one?

This would be a good way to empty out the crammed storage units, plus give players another chance to collect a crafted dragon or two they missed out on. The kinda-gambling/mystery aspect would make it fun and exciting! At the very least, the newly crafted dragons could be traded away for gemstones. Win/win/win, all around.
    that's a really good idea !
    i would add : you can choose different type of crafting, like 100 parts for a rare dragon and 200 for a super rare dragon
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Wayne View Post
    that's a really good idea !
    i would add : you can choose different type of crafting, like 100 parts for a rare dragon and 200 for a super rare dragon
    Yes please, pretty please S8. Yard Sale dragon, Thrifty dragon? But if that is too much then just some way of getting rid of the clutter.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    The mystery dragon option would work especially for high level players who have difficulty staying on the game because of crashes (I believe the cluttered storage is the culprit along with a few minor things.)
    Last edited by starship412; 02-07-17 at 10:20 AM.

Farm Supplier
    I love this idea... Lets go Storm 8 give it to us. Clean up storage ... Yardsale dragon...

Rhino Keeper
    love the idea of a spare parts/ yard sale dragon!
    Android
    Level 167 DS

Nightclub Owner
    Even if they didn't want to create a new dragon that is crafted from spare parts, I wish we could either trade or sell parts for apples and/or coins.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Even if they didn't want to create a new dragon that is crafted from spare parts, I wish we could either trade or sell parts for apples and/or coins.
    another very good idea ! trading part for food ! i love it
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Farm Supplier
    U people are brilliant. Love these ideas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast