Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like to delete parts I'll never use, and unlock appliances from old goals, etc.

Would like to delete parts I'll never use, and unlock appliances from old goals, etc.

Hi there, level 99 player for at least 5 years. Spent plenty of actual money purchasing gems over the years.

First of all, my gift inventory is seriously clogged with an excess of parts that will never get used (primarily, specific parts for appliances that I've long ago mastered and will never build again). I would LOVE to be able to clean that out so I don't have to scroll through pages and pages to see what useful parts I have. I think an x in the corner of the item, with a double-check pop-up before finally deleting it would suffice, and help to prevent accidentally deleting needed items.

Second, there needs to be a double-check before allowing you to spend gems to skip part of a goal. I accidentally tapped the "Skip for #gems" on part of a recent goal that I hadn't even started, and 20+ gems were gone in an instant. I had no intention of using ANY gems to skip steps. A simple, "Are you sure you want to skip this step for #gems?" pop- up would fix that. When that happens, I don't think, "Oops, guess I'll buy more gems!" It just ticks me off and makes me less likely to spend any money on the game in the future.

Third, regarding appliances and prizes for goals that weren't completed; and option to unlock at least the appliances would be nice. Unlocking with gems would be fine by me, although unlocking with coins would be nice for players who can't afford to purchase gems. I took a break from the game for at least several months at one point, and the amount of items that can never be unlocked (which I consequently have to scroll through to get to items I CAN use) is ridiculous. If the goal expires before it's completed, those items should disappear from the design tab if there's no other way to unlock them.

Smaller things: sorting decor items by holiday/theme would be awesome. It takes soooooooo long to go through my inventory to find all my Christmas items, for example, and it would be nice to have them grouped together to see everything I have at once.

Thanks for considering - after all the time I've been playing this and other Storm8 games (probably a couple dozen games altogether, off and on for 5+ years) those are the biggest frustrations I've had consistently.

Oh, and years ago I accidentally sold my giant pink martini glass in Fashion Story and never got a reply when I asked for it back. I WANT MY PINK GLASS BACK!!

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by missbeccalou View Post
    my gift inventory is seriously clogged with an excess of parts that will never get used (primarily, specific parts for appliances that I've long ago mastered and will never build again). I would LOVE to be able to clean that out

Second, there needs to be a double-check before allowing you to spend gems to skip part of a goal.

Third, regarding appliances and prizes for goals that weren't completed; and option to unlock at least the appliances would be nice. Unlocking with gems would be fine by me,

Smaller things: sorting decor items by holiday/theme would be awesome.
    I too have been playing for a few years now and I could not agree more with ALL of this!! I am really tired of being gifted parts that are for some appliance that we built 5 years ago and will never use again. Just take them out of the game if you're sure you're not going to "recycle" them into another goal/machine.

I doubt they'll ever make it so you have to confirm spending gems (to speed up cooking, to skip through goals, etc) because having us SPEND gems is how they get us to BUY more gems. So... the all mighty dollar. But I agree it's obnoxious that you can spend gems on accident so easily in this game.

There are both appliances and recipes that i can *see* in my game but which are not unlocked. Either remove them or allow me to spend gems to open them. Totally makes sense to me (I have a cranberry cider or some such on my standard drink mixer which has been there since I started playing but which I can't make).

I'm also getting really, REALLY sick of all the ads. There have always been ads in the game but recently the number and kind of ads has gone crazy. Do something else to make money for your game, guys, because you're seriously just driving long-time players into quitting because the popup ad interruptions are so fracking obnoxious. I've gotten 2 for the same game within a span of 5-10 minutes. I log into the game in the morning and it takes WAY TOO LONG to actually get to serve my food because of all the popup ads and ad-goals (where we're supposed to download another storm8 game and play it as a way to earn gems or exp). This morning there were like 4 before I could even get anywhere. Unacceptable.
    If you aren't uptight, don't treat the game like a job, and always grant materials requests regardless of START RATINGS (no star snobs!), feel free to add me as a neighbor!

Rhino Keeper
    I agree! Please either let us build the appliances or give us the option to delete useless parts.

Farm Supplier
    grouping decor items together by season would be GREAT! When i find an item and place it, I have to go all the way to the beginning for the next item. I have hundreds! and it takes hours to decorate.Let us stop and continue to the next item, not go all the way to the beginning.

I also have been playing this game for years and stopped for approximately a year (for personal reasons) and resumed recently.

At one point I have already reached 400 gems through sheer determination and without any purchases and wish to unlock ovens.

I also agree that we have the option to delete useless parts and sort decors by theme.

I would also like to see which of my neighbors are no longer playing so I can delete them without having to visit their account and guess.

Overall, these are great suggestions. 👍🏼

These are great suggestions. I would like it if we had a master cookbook where we could sort through recipes depending on how long the recipe takes to cook and what oven you need to make that recipe. I usually cook the longer recipes over night while I'm sleeping and it would be nice to not have to search through all my ovens and drink mixers to find the ones with specific hours
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Quote Originally Posted by missbeccalou View Post
    Hi there, level 99 player for at least 5 years. Spent plenty of actual money purchasing gems over the years.

First of all, my gift inventory is seriously clogged with an excess of parts that will never get used (primarily, specific parts for appliances that I've long ago mastered and will never build again). I would LOVE to be able to clean that out so I don't have to scroll through pages and pages to see what useful parts I have. I think an x in the corner of the item, with a double-check pop-up before finally deleting it would suffice, and help to prevent accidentally deleting needed items.

Second, there needs to be a double-check before allowing you to spend gems to skip part of a goal. I accidentally tapped the "Skip for #gems" on part of a recent goal that I hadn't even started, and 20+ gems were gone in an instant. I had no intention of using ANY gems to skip steps. A simple, "Are you sure you want to skip this step for #gems?" pop- up would fix that. When that happens, I don't think, "Oops, guess I'll buy more gems!" It just ticks me off and makes me less likely to spend any money on the game in the future.

Third, regarding appliances and prizes for goals that weren't completed; and option to unlock at least the appliances would be nice. Unlocking with gems would be fine by me, although unlocking with coins would be nice for players who can't afford to purchase gems. I took a break from the game for at least several months at one point, and the amount of items that can never be unlocked (which I consequently have to scroll through to get to items I CAN use) is ridiculous. If the goal expires before it's completed, those items should disappear from the design tab if there's no other way to unlock them.

Smaller things: sorting decor items by holiday/theme would be awesome. It takes soooooooo long to go through my inventory to find all my Christmas items, for example, and it would be nice to have them grouped together to see everything I have at once.

Thanks for considering - after all the time I've been playing this and other Storm8 games (probably a couple dozen games altogether, off and on for 5+ years) those are the biggest frustrations I've had consistently.

Oh, and years ago I accidentally sold my giant pink martini glass in Fashion Story and never got a reply when I asked for it back. I WANT MY PINK GLASS BACK!!
    sooooooo agree with you!!! ♡ storm8 could really consider these suggestions!!!

New Resident
    I agree bring back retired ovens, sort decorations by theme and add letter decorations for the walls I have my name in my room in wood letters and would love to decorate my bakery with sayings etc...thanks

I have the exact same issues as missbeccalou ,with the exception of pink glass. Been playing game for 4years.
    Golds that happened before I started to play still pop-up and ask if I want to buy them. I used gems once to buy something from the pop up but never received it. I buy gems often but, well not use them for those pop-ups,that do nothing but prevent me from starting a game.

Farm Supplier
    Been playing since 2011 myself, granted I did try to quit once *tear*. So count me in for gaining access to missed goals, id pay to open those missed appliances. Ive seen some cute cupcakes on ones I missed.

110% could not agree more about a confirmation before spending gems for exactly the reason you mentioned. I don't know why I always reach out to ask to exchange what i did for a refund of gems full knowing they will say we don't refund on gems lol.

Id love having some sorting options for the inventory. The swipping to scroll through everything after all these years of content is just crazy. Would be nice to make my own category but at the very least pre-configured options makes sense.
    I would honestly love to be able to "search" through both my gifted parts and my inventory but i might be reaching here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast