Thread: Completed missions popping up, thinking about quitting

New Resident

Angry Completed missions popping up, thinking about quitting

So I have checked the forums and have seen others have had this problem. I have tried to delete the game and reinstall and all it does it restart it and the pop ups dont stop!! I just recently started playing again and now I remember why I stopped! These mission pop ups are annoying!! The missed missions pop up and ask if i want to use gems to complete. I have to be super careful where im working in my restaurant because its pretty easy to accidentally hit the button!! So i have to always have my restaurant in one corner only.. then the other pop ups occur with them. These are the already completed missions...ALL of the completed missions from the very first one to the most recent...in no particular order. Im at level 75 so thats alot of missions that i have to tap 2x to get out of. OMG!! this is maddening.

I put in a ticket and almost immediately received an automated reply to check the forum and my ticket was closed! Thanks for the no help! Esp since I wrote that I had checked the forum.

The pop ups continuously occur whether in my restaurant or visiting neighbors.

If someone could tell me how to actually delete the entire game and reinstall to where I would need to log back into it, i would be grateful. As i said when i deleted it from the cloud and the device, it just restarted where i left off...with the stupid pop ups!!!!

Grand Emperor
    If you're on Android, this has been happening for years. Its apparently not going to get fixed.

If you hit the back button and exit out of the game, and then start the game back up, the popups might go away. It does for some, but not for others. If it doesn't stop, you're out of luck.

If you accidentally spend gems to complete the old goal, you can open a ticket and they should refund your gems.

Executive Chef
    whenever i see the first old goal popup, i immediately leave the game & force stop it. when i go back in it's well-behaved again. but it really only happens to me when i switch from one account to the other. if you haven't tried that, i think you should. if you have, i don't have any other helpful ideas, sorry.

New Resident
    I play on my Kindle fire. Nothing helps. I've shut down the app, I've deleted the app, I've turned off the Kindle and restarted it.
    My daughter and her friends recently started playing on their iphones. They dont get the pop ups. Maybe I should switch the account to my iphone then try to switch it back to the Kindle? I really dont wanna play on the iphone.

thanks for the replies!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce this issue with extensive testing. If you have any new information to provide, we'd be happy to review this further. The more details about the actions you completed in the game when the issue began occurring would be very helpful to the investigation.

When you submit a ticket, please choose missing currency as your topic.

Farm Supplier
    I find that I have this issue when I hop around my different bakery and/or restaurant accounts. I am an android user. Closing the app is the only thing to stop it for me. Hope this helps a little.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysmom614 View Post
    I find that I have this issue when I hop around my different bakery and/or restaurant accounts. I am an android user. Closing the app is the only thing to stop it for me. Hope this helps a little.
    Same for me. This is exactly when it happens for me.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    We're investigating a new angle. While old goals popping up was an old issue, there's new reports.

Can you please tell us when this started for you and what actions you were doing when it began? For example, just logged in? Tipped a neighbor?

Executive Chef
    I still get old pop ups all the time. Gave up reporting it because it seemed obvious it would be ignored.

New Resident
    It happens every time I open my restaurant. Morning, noon or night. If I sit and click through all of them, it takes a long time. I usually try to hurry and do what I need and get out. But for every click on a food item, you hit the pop up 2x to close it. I try to stagger my cook times so I dont have a lot to clock all at once. The pops ups happen when im visiting neighbors and at my own restaurant. I used to be just when I opened it in the morning and I clicked through them. They would be gone until evening when they would start again. Now it doesnt matter how many times i click through them all, they just return every time I open that game. I stopped playing the game in Dec 2015 due to this issue. My daughter and her friends persuaded me to stat playing again as they had all started. The issue that made me stop in 2015 is still going on in 2017.

I opened bakery story yesterday and it is the same way. When I stopped that I was a low level so theres not as many pop ups but they are still there. Mostly with that one is the missions i missed and it asking me if i want to spend gems to complete them...no thanks!