Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Gem Purchase Confirmation Button

New Resident
    I have been playing for many years, possibly since the launch of the game. I have on many occasions sped up accidentally and spent hard earned gems pointlessly. Today topped the cake. I was expanding and was tapping the pay coins but the screen moved and I tapped on skip button for the compasses. Not sure exactly how many gems I spent but looking at neighbouring plots, it was about 1500 gems. And to think I had more than enough compasses in storage! It is absolutely heartbreaking and might be the final accidental gem loss that makes me abandon my kingdom for good.

This is the biggest head scratcher ever. Ive been playing since the beginning and have also lost hundreds of gems through the years. Why they have refused to resolve this issue just seems like a terrible business decision. It has created very negative feelings toward the game for numerous people. Unhappy people are much less likely to spend money.

Lost Gems

I am so disappointed in S8. No more will I spend money on the game until they add a ?sure u want to use gems?? option.
    I?m spent too much and lost too much

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    I am so disappointed in S8. No more will I spend money on the game until they add a ?sure u want to use gems?? option.
    I'm really sorry you lost gems. Moving post to the current thread requesting a confirmation feature.

Just used up 83 gems accidentally for 7 energy !!! I believe I posted ages ago requesting a gem use confirmation option? so frustrating that S8 seems to ignore this request constantly despite numerous requests!
    Treena

Quote Originally Posted by jensenink View Post
    Just used up 83 gems accidentally for 7 energy !!! I believe I posted ages ago requesting a gem use confirmation option? so frustrating that S8 seems to ignore this request constantly despite numerous requests!
    Oh no. Feel free to reach out to Support using the link in my signature. They will be able to assist.
    Storm8 Staff - [S8] HungryGoblin
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com and submit a request
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Seeing as how this request first started in 2017... it's now 2022, so 5 years later, and still no gem confirmation. I just "accidentally" spent gems on energy due to that sneaky pop up.

I used to spend money on this game until one-too-many times, I had to beg Support to give me back my gems. I got tired of it, and the "be more careful' suggestions from Support. Left a bad taste. I haven't spend money on this game for about 3 years now due to this, and I'm so disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. I would think it's in S8's best interest to show they can protect the money players put into the game, rather than allow these sneaky pitfalls that spend players money for them without permission.

New Resident

Losing gems

I?m tired of losing hundreds of gems at a time. This has been going on for years. There needs to be a confirmation button before losing all your gems. I would be more likely happy to purchase gems if I knew that if I accidentally lost them and asked for them back, they would be returned to me. But I will never purchase gems ever again losing them so easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by giogio12 View Post
    I have been playing for many years, possibly since the launch of the game. I have on many occasions sped up accidentally and spent hard earned gems pointlessly. Today topped the cake. I was expanding and was tapping the pay coins but the screen moved and I tapped on skip button for the compasses. Not sure exactly how many gems I spent but looking at neighbouring plots, it was about 1500 gems. And to think I had more than enough compasses in storage! It is absolutely heartbreaking and might be the final accidental gem loss that makes me abandon my kingdom for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by elijahskingdom View Post
    This is the biggest head scratcher ever. Ive been playing since the beginning and have also lost hundreds of gems through the years. Why they have refused to resolve this issue just seems like a terrible business decision. It has created very negative feelings toward the game for numerous people. Unhappy people are much less likely to spend money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petticoatwriter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I'm really sorry you lost gems. Moving post to the current thread requesting a confirmation feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyRissaRenae View Post
    Seeing as how this request first started in 2017... it's now 2022, so 5 years later, and still no gem confirmation. I just "accidentally" spent gems on energy due to that sneaky pop up.

I used to spend money on this game until one-too-many times, I had to beg Support to give me back my gems. I got tired of it, and the "be more careful' suggestions from Support. Left a bad taste. I haven't spend money on this game for about 3 years now due to this, and I'm so disappointed this hasn't been fixed yet. I would think it's in S8's best interest to show they can protect the money players put into the game, rather than allow these sneaky pitfalls that spend players money for them without permission.

Fashion Designer
    I’ve suggested this feature before too. First time I accidentally used gems was at beginning of my time with CS. Back when we needed lots of some item, accidentally hit skip button in blue book list. 250 gems gone. Since then regularly accidentally ‘spend’ gems. Please can we have the confirm gem spend button?

On one occasion I somehow spent 1500 on coins while I was asleep. Only got 250 back. Had stocked for big sale. I don’t buy gems now until the middle of big sales, tired of my hard work and money being wasted too. Think S8 would value and respect players time, money and energy. Seeing more and more low ratings on app info page. Not surprised. Don’t they want to be seen as fair, or are they just making too much money to care?
    Last edited by LemracCafe; 08-02-22 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Had to leave before original post was complete.

Fashion Designer
    At this stage I'm not game to purchase gems or even craft them in exchange because they keep disappearing. In the last 2 days I've gone from 203 to 79 and can't figure out where they've gone. As this is a common problem for many players including myself I'm appealing to S8 for some help by introducing an extra step in gem usage. When we craft in many buildings there's a confirmation materials spend button and we really need one for gem spends. It's upsetting and frustrating that gems seem to disappear with no 'spend confirmation option'. There are times if like to 'gem ahead' in events but I'm not game to hold any gems in reserve because of the mystery of where gems went. I kept some gems for the sales but last week I accidentally lost 616 gems to and I'm less inclined to purchase sale item's anymore. I know I'm only 1 player but I know there are other players who are reducing gem purchases to gem ahead in events and purchasing sale items. Anyway Storm8 may we PLEASE have a gem spend confirmation button.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast