Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campire Cookout!

Woohoo.. delighted to get another go at this!! I was 4 roasted marshmallows away from learning the fish s****et last time and when I went to buy it with the gems I had saved for it unfortunately the whole recipe had gone and luckily all the roasted marshmallows & marshmallows that I had are back from before!
    Does anyone know if the Chicken Kabob & Steak Skewers are permanent recipes? Also because I haven't learnt the fish s****et and I think another 2 on the bbq will these remain to master after event finishes in 7 days (incidentally doesn't seem long enough again)!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieBobbles View Post
    Woohoo.. delighted to get another go at this!! I was 4 roasted marshmallows away from learning the fish s****et last time and when I went to buy it with the gems I had saved for it unfortunately the whole recipe had gone and luckily all the roasted marshmallows & marshmallows that I had are back from before!
    Does anyone know if the Chicken Kabob & Steak Skewers are permanent recipes? Also because I haven't learnt the fish s****et and I think another 2 on the bbq will these remain to master after event finishes in 7 days (incidentally doesn't seem long enough again)!!
    Not happy now as discovered need 80 Roasted Marshmallows to learn new recipes below..
    Steak skewers 8
    CHicken Kabob 10
    Campfire Fish 14
    Yeti Spaghetti 30
    Winter Crumble 18
    Yeti is visiting me every 2 hours.. this means I have to literally in 24 hours collect 12 to get a total of 84 marshmallows in the 7 day timeline!!!! Come on.. why give us an event that is impossible to complete.. no wonder I failed last time.. sadly same again.. very disappointed..

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Regina View Post
    The Yeti comes around every 1-2 hours.
    So far the yeti is turning up every 2 hours with me.. seeing as I need 80 roasted marshmallows to learn new dishes which works out on average of 84 in 7 days IF I manage to collect 12 a day it would be more like sense to be every hour.. can someone please please please get the yeti visiting more often.. I a must sure it won't only be me not able to learn new recipes otherwise..thanks..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieBobbles View Post
    So far the yeti is turning up every 2 hours with me.. seeing as I need 80 roasted marshmallows to learn new dishes which works out on average of 84 in 7 days IF I manage to collect 12 a day it would be more like sense to be every hour.. can someone please please please get the yeti visiting more often.. I a must sure it won't only be me not able to learn new recipes otherwise..thanks..
    Yes it is at least 2 hrs for me. Fortunately I learnt and mastered them all before, so only have the new ones to learn.
    I'm expecting that once you have learnt them they will stay around.

Farm Supplier
    I'm so happy to have another shot at this! I didn't finish the final goal last time due to work, and the reward last time was the Yeti Spaghetti. It was the only recipe I didn't have, so I'm really, really glad the developers brought this back! Thank you, Storm8!

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I remember from last time that the Yeti drops more than one marshmallow from time to time. That would certainly make it easier to finish in time if he does.

New Resident
    I am also very glad that it is not another cruise! It's nice to have a break and do something a liitle more relaxing. I am also glad they brought back the yeti, because I am one that usually doesn't get to finish all the dishes and event at the first attempt. As far as the marshmallows goes, don't forget that marshmallows are also given out as rewards, as you complete each phase to unlock the dish event. You also have to remember, half of these dishes is from last year, so completing 3 new dishes in 7 days is reasonable. I am also like others on here, I didn't unlock any of the dishes last year and hoping to see if I can unlock all of them in 7 days, here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by 48ozJava View Post
    I am also very glad that it is not another cruise! It's nice to have a break and do something a liitle more relaxing. I am also glad they brought back the yeti, because I am one that usually doesn't get to finish all the dishes and event at the first attempt. As far as the marshmallows goes, don't forget that marshmallows are also given out as rewards, as you complete each phase to unlock the dish event. You also have to remember, half of these dishes is from last year, so completing 3 new dishes in 7 days is reasonable. I am also like others on here, I didn't unlock any of the dishes last year and hoping to see if I can unlock all of them in 7 days, here's hoping.
    Last year I found this event anything but relaxing. It was really hard getting all the marshmallows you need to make roasted marshmallows you need for unlocking the recipes. I did barely manage to unlock most of them and unlocked the last one buy buying some of the missing marshmallows in the last few hours with gems I had saved up so I did end up with unlocking all the recipes which I've mastered since then.

Unlocking these new recipes only should be doable. But for anyone new to the quest it is possible it will be hard to get all the marshmallows needed.

One tip if you're also working on the goal line to unlock the campfire skewers at the end (or maybe yeti spaghetti) then it probably isn't smart to speed too far ahead by roasting all the marshmallows you get because several steps in the goal will probably require you to roast X amount of marshmallows.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm now considering buying an extra Compire Stove, I have the gems, I don't really need it, but I kinda want it can't decide..... any opinions?

I just started the Yeti challenge last night and am already on step 3, due in part because I had some progress made from this challenge before. I did not finish it last time. Also, thanks to thread I have Fahitas cooking to be ready to serve for step 4. Looks like I need to hoard onions today!

I don't think challenges should be easy. I almost never finish challenges except when the ingredients are dropped with water. I've gotten really good at finishing cruises by stacking my counters and turning chairs on day 5. I am looking forward to seeing how far I can get with the Yeti. Maybe this time around I will get the spaghetti or the new recipe. Maybe not!

I have observed that yeti drops more than one marshmallow and each completed step of the challenge rewards marshmallows too.

Fashion Designer
    I was actually happy to see this one...again...was able to complete the first 2 because of doing it last time and with my leftover roasted marshmallows. I get a chance to get the one recipe I missed (still need to get to level 47 though... halfway there) the Winter Crumble. I had enough for the recipe just didn't level up in time for them to take it away... now I have 7 days to do my best to level up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast