Thread: Petition for New Bonus Appliance

Nightclub Owner

Petition for New Bonus Appliance

Short Version:

New Year = New Bonus Appliance

Long Version:

For the last year and a half the 14 day goals have had a bonus recipe added to them - which is awesome! But, over the past 32 goals, we've had the same appliance used for each of those new recipes. It was nice at first to not have to buy an extra new appliance every goal now it's gotten to be a bit much.

While I appreciate keeping things streamlined, the contents of the Loretta's Oven is becoming cumbersome. Currently the Basic Drink Mixer only has 36 recipes and the Loretta's Oven will be sitting at 33 later today! That's A LOT of recipes for a non-basic appliance to house. Especially since there's no categories or other way to easily sort through the bonus recipes like there is on the Basic Appliances.

With this in mind, I'd like to propose that we get a NEW bonus appliance for the 2024 bonus goal recipes. Perhaps it could be Natasha's Griddle or Jean-Pierre's Stove? I have no issue with the way the goals work and I really like having all of the bonus recipes going to a single appliance but I do think the new year calls for a new bonus appliance.

Just imagine it: each year going forward we get a new bonus appliance for all of the bonus goals in the upcoming year. We could rotate between Loretta, Jean-Pierre and Natasha to name the appliances. It would help keep things easier to organize and we could get more main character items

Please, please, please consider this as a serious option.

Thank you for your time,
    Anniras

P.S.
    Please add your thoughts/opinions on this option so the team can see if there's actual interest in the idea!

Farm Supplier
    Even though I’m just at level 42 and have yet to even get the Loretta’s oven, I love this idea!

Rhino Keeper
    Would never have thought of that, what a great idea

I missed a few goals since Loretta's oven was introduced too... I'd love to have a fresh start with a new appliance without locked recipes taunting me hehe

I totally love this idea! A new appliance would be great. It definitely takes a lot more time to scroll through Loretta's oven these days to find the new recipe so a new appliance for this year would be wonderful.

It would also be good to see a new oven. Maybe if we do an oven for Jean-Pierre, we can get bonus recipes in the forms of different types of bread? That would be a fun change from getting only cakes for the bonus recipe.

Though I would like to add a request that we can keep to paying only cash for the new appliance and not gems. Plus it would also be great not to have to use oven parts to build the oven, just like how the current Loretta's Oven is set up.

It was very annoying when the Sapphire Oven came out and we had to both pay gems and get 144 oven parts to build it.

If the new appliance requires gems and/or oven parts, it won't be worth it to me to try obtaining the bonus recipe.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by atomstar80 View Post
    I totally love this idea! A new appliance would be great. It definitely takes a lot more time to scroll through Loretta's oven these days to find the new recipe so a new appliance for this year would be wonderful.

It would also be good to see a new oven. Maybe if we do an oven for Jean-Pierre, we can get bonus recipes in the forms of different types of bread? That would be a fun change from getting only cakes for the bonus recipe.

Though I would like to add a request that we can keep to paying only cash for the new appliance and not gems. Plus it would also be great not to have to use oven parts to build the oven, just like how the current Loretta's Oven is set up.

It was very annoying when the Sapphire Oven came out and we had to both pay gems and get 144 oven parts to build it.

If the new appliance requires gems and/or oven parts, it won't be worth it to me to try obtaining the bonus recipe.
    LOVE the idea that the type of bonus recipe could change depending on oven itself! Different breads for Jean-Pierre is inspired! Then maybe Natasha's appliance could focus on 'sweets' since she was connected to the SweetCo goals. The recipes could either be actual candies or even just any dessert that isn't classified easily as a cake, pie or bread. This is seriously the best idea I've heard in ages

And, naturally, I agree that I don't want ANYTHING else to change about the bonus goal set up, just the actual oven itself. Getting one for each year just seems the most sensible way to go about it that I could imagine. I don't like the idea of a new bonus appliance for each goal like RS had for a while but, at the same time, I feel like we can all agree that Loretta's Oven is getting entirely too crowded to be easily navigated.

Without any tabs or other way to sort the recipes (like we can on the basic oven/mixer) dozens of recipes is just way too much for a single appliance. And, when you add in the fact that most of the recipes are so similar in both name and looks, it starts to become a real headache to find anything!

The majority of the images are a single slice of layered cake on a plate and every name is pretty much "blank Cake," "blank Tier Cake" or "blank Layer Cake." So, the two main ways to identify recipes easily are all but useless anymore in Loretta's Oven. THEN we add in the fact that every time a new recipe is added the entire list gets shuffled around which means we can't use any recipes as 'landmarks' to easily locate others. On the basics, if I'm looking for a certain item I know it comes after Recipe A or before Recipe B but that strategy can't work on an ever changing list.

All in all, there really is no positive I can think of to keeping Loretta's Oven as the Bonus Appliance other than saving coins. When weighed against all of the negatives I feel like it's a cost most players will be willing to pay once per year!

I agree. That way, the recipes won't be such a mess and all over the place. Right now, my Loretta's oven looks so bad because many of the goal recipes are locked. A new oven would mean less ugliness, even if you were to miss a few goals.