Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Transferring your game to a new device and more...

  1. #1
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,720

    Transferring your game to a new device and more...

    Transferring your game to a new device | playing on multiple devices | Reinstalling your game


    Instructions and pictures of the main thread in this link (but easier to follow here!)

    If you play on android or IOS you can transfer your storm ID and games over to your new device.

    Decision Point: you get a new device.... do you want a second game or do you just want to transfer your original game to the new device?

    If you want a brand new game and your original game, you can log in and out of both games using the Account Settings feature in games that have it, like Bakery, RS2 etc. Create a new ID and password first on the new device.

    Transferring your game yourself is easy if you know your password (same one as you use to login to the forum). Please follow these instructions:
    OPTION 1:
    1) download a game with a login feature, (eg Bakery Story).
    2) if using Bakery... play for a minute until you see the Storm8 blue symbol on the top right hand side. CLICK ON IT.
    3. click Account Settings
    4. click on Log in to Another Account
    5. enter your Storm8 ID and password
    6. it will give you a list of ALL of your Storm8 games and ask you whether you want to transfer them all..... SAY YES/PROCEED!
    7. All your games under that Storm ID will now be recognized on your new device. You just need to download the Apps again.


    OPTION 2:
    1) download a game with a login feature, (eg Bakery Story).
    2) In the lower left corner you'll see "Main". Click on that and then click on "Social"
    3) Go to the "Invite Friends" tab. You'll see your Storm ID and then "account settings". Click on "account settings"
    4) You'll have the option of "Log in to Another Account". You click on that and just type in your Storm ID and password.
    5) All your games under that Storm ID will now be recognized on your new device. You just need to download the Apps again.

    If you are trading, selling or giving away your old device, I would advise contacting Support and ask them to remove your storm ID and games from that device.

    If you have issues transferring yourself, you can contact Support and they can transfer your games.




    Reinstalling your game.
    Delete and reinstall the game - Press down on the app icon until it jiggles. You can then tap the 'X' in the upper left corner to delete the app from your device. Now go to the App Store (purchased apps/apps not on this device) to reinstall Castle Story. Similar for Android.

    Don't be scared about reinstalling..... It's safe and only takes a couple of minutes. It's not like transferring your game as you have to do above; it's much simpler.

    Why reinstall? Well, it fixes nasty glitches and display issues. It also makes sure you've the latest version of the game. If you need help, please ask!



    Last edited by IsisGarden; 01-20-17 at 04:23 PM.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

    #sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

    Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

  2. #2
    New Resident
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2
    I have my id and password and I've read all the instructions. What I don't understand is which device to start from in doing the transfer. I choose to keep my Fashion Story shop & game. So I think I understand that I need to D/L the FS game ap to the new device. Then which device do I use to go to BS and tell it to transfer. I already play BS (which I will also need to transfer), so that's already on my "old" device. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by emag01 View Post
    I have my id and password and I've read all the instructions. What I don't understand is which device to start from in doing the transfer. I choose to keep my Fashion Story shop & game. So I think I understand that I need to D/L the FS game ap to the new device. Then which device do I use to go to BS and tell it to transfer. I already play BS (which I will also need to transfer), so that's already on my "old" device. Thanks.
    You go to the new device to transfer. Go to Bakery Story first, then login.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

    #sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

    Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

  4. #4
    New Resident
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Tengo 2 juegos fashion story en 2 dispositivos diferentes y deceo tener los 2 juegos en un solo dispositivo, se puede hacer eso.

  5. #5
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,200
    Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct thread?! I've been away from the forums for quite awhile, so I feel like a complete newbie.

    Anyway, the problem I'm having is - getting to my old restaurant. I just transferred over to new device (iPad) I used Bakery Story to do the transfer. It all went fine and I have my old level 99 bakery back. I thought once I successfully transferred one game that all my games connected to that ID and password would transfer over? When I open Restaurant Story it's a new restaurant, not my level 99 restaurant. I'm hoping it hasn't been lost but I don't really see how it could have been if my bakery is there.

    Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.


    Any mods around to help me with this?
    Last edited by AuntyRose32; 01-31-17 at 02:55 PM. Reason: No response from mods.
    "Style is a simple way of saying complicated things"
    (Jean Cocteau)
    "Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all"
    (Harriet Van Horne)
    "If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave"
    (Mo Willems)

  6. #6
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntyRose32 View Post
    Hi, I hope I'm posting in the correct thread?! I've been away from the forums for quite awhile, so I feel like a complete newbie.

    Anyway, the problem I'm having is - getting to my old restaurant. I just transferred over to new device (iPad) I used Bakery Story to do the transfer. It all went fine and I have my old level 99 bakery back. I thought once I successfully transferred one game that all my games connected to that ID and password would transfer over? When I open Restaurant Story it's a new restaurant, not my level 99 restaurant. I'm hoping it hasn't been lost but I don't really see how it could have been if my bakery is there.

    Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks.


    Any mods around to help me with this?
    Can you submit a ticket to support? Let's start there.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

    #sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

    Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

  7. #7
    Need help tranfering my game but i dont have the level i had or my old storm 8 id but i have my old device and the email adress. And it won let me sign in to the storm 8 suport there is no change your password

  8. #8
    Have tried following each of your options but not working. In option 1 i cannot find account settings when i click on the storm8 icon, it just shows a list of games to install and thats it. For option 2,when i click on invite friends it goes to storm8 id. When i enter my id it says that its already been taken and also there is no option to click on account settings. Wondering if anyone can help and send me in the right directionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-17-00-41-31.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	36003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_004941.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	36004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_005028.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	36005
    Last edited by foolafoola; 02-16-17 at 05:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by foolafoola View Post
    Have tried following each of your options but not working. In option 1 i cannot find account settings when i click on the storm8 icon, it just shows a list of games to install and thats it. For option 2,when i click on invite friends it goes to storm8 id. When i enter my id it says that its already been taken and also there is no option to click on account settings. Wondering if anyone can help and send me in the right directionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-02-17-00-41-31.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	36003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_004941.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	36004Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170217_005028.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	36005
    You'll need to download Bakery Story, then log in with you account info. Fashion Story doesn't have the login feature.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

    #sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

    Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

  10. #10
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,720
    Quote Originally Posted by willy123456789123 View Post
    Need help tranfering my game but i dont have the level i had or my old storm 8 id but i have my old device and the email adress. And it won let me sign in to the storm 8 suport there is no change your password
    Do you have a log I for the old device?
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

    #sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

    Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •