Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: A Knightly Order - Leaderboard Event!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmornings View Post
    I'm in a strange position on this one..I'm coming in pretty clueless. I play farm story 2 so, I know what a leaderboard event is and roughly how it works. So far I'm winning with a whopping 450 points. How long has this one been going on? How do they match us up? I'm competing with islands that are in there 20s, mine is 104 but dead for a few years. It's all just strange as I'm just trying to figure out how to play again,what is new, and hoping to breed dragons that I don't already have (not working yet even with loads of new ones). Would it be safe to say that my whole groups is all just logging in? Maybe they put me in with the "not interested " group? Is there a not interested button I could click and opt out on this event?
    I think group placing is based on your finishes in prior leaderboard events. Since this is your first one (?), I'm thinking they put you in a group with other players who are also doing their first LB event- which would be mostly new, low level players (and maybe some inactives or people who just dipped their toe into the game). Level seems to have little bearing on the groupings.

When the LBs first started, I noticed if I finished in first or second place I would get put in a hard group full of big spenders the next time. Or if I finshed low, I got put into an easy group the next time. That hasn't been happening the past few events. Instead, most of the people I'm grouped with play similarly to how I play (as far as gold and boost usage and total points scored at the end of the event). The groups don't feel quite as random anymore.

I think this means there have been enough LB events that S8 can compute useful, average LB scores for each player and use those averages to create the groups. Of course, this is just observation and speculation on my part. Makes sense, though. I bet your placement will get more appropriate as you complete a LB or three and create an average LB score for S8 to work with (or maybe mean score is the better term?) I hope that makes sense.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I think group placing is based on your finishes in prior leaderboard events. Since this is your first one (?), I'm thinking they put you in a group with other players who are also doing their first LB event- which would be mostly new, low level players (and maybe some inactives or people who just dipped their toe into the game). Level seems to have little bearing on the groupings.

When the LBs first started, I noticed if I finished in first or second place I would get put in a hard group full of big spenders the next time. Or if I finshed low, I got put into an easy group the next time. That hasn't been happening the past few events. Instead, most of the people I'm grouped with play similarly to how I play (as far as gold and boost usage and total points scored at the end of the event). The groups don't feel quite as random anymore.

I think this means there have been enough LB events that S8 can compute useful, average LB scores for each player and use those averages to create the groups. Of course, this is just observation and speculation on my part. Makes sense, though. I bet your placement will get more appropriate as you complete a LB or three and create an average LB score for S8 to work with (or maybe mean score is the better term?) I hope that makes sense.
    It makes absolute sense, even if it's just speculation. I really appreciate the view.
    Lets be neighbors! 
    ID: darkmornings
    Farm and Island: Aerie

Farm Supplier
    First leader board which I have been playing since they started. People have over 100,000 points. With spending that kind of money for the points people buy the dragon. Unbelievable

Fashion Designer
    I finally got my Metal dragon on the nest. Was planning to raise it all the way to 15 since I heard he's good against Champs and Diamonds in arena (and I don't have a single ADIPPS dragon). But the current leaderboard I'm in, the first two players already way pass the milestone. 1st place 19,000+ points (still doing x2 boost atm), 2nd place 15000+ points, and 3rd 9000+ points (also x2 boosting).

Me just sitting at 8000 points, at 7th place. Even if I raised my Metal all the way to 15 with the x2 boost, I don't think I'll be able to get the prize dragon. Thoughts?

Btw, I was casually doing x1.5 boost once a day to see how far I go since I was having a hard time reaching the milestones in the past, but stopped since the group is giving me high points on the spin. Now I reached the final dragon on the milestone, but I don't think it's possible for me to get the prize dragon.

Fashion Designer
    wow. your group is very competitive.
    i have not even reached knight dragon yet. should reach today, and currently doing some calculation to see if i should use gold to speed things up and boost to get the last milestone.

i also tried to make use of the pts i would get from feeding during LB event. as i also saw i do not have chance to win lb event in the past. so, my metal is still at level 11
    haha

but even without level 15 metal or diamond, i managed to finish tournament generally. just sometimes might stuck at champs
    (my level 10 diamond sucks at battle, so i do not use him/ her that much)

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryres View Post
    wow. your group is very competitive.
    i have not even reached knight dragon yet. should reach today, and currently doing some calculation to see if i should use gold to speed things up and boost to get the last milestone.

i also tried to make use of the pts i would get from feeding during LB event. as i also saw i do not have chance to win lb event in the past. so, my metal is still at level 11
    haha

but even without level 15 metal or diamond, i managed to finish tournament generally. just sometimes might stuck at champs
    (my level 10 diamond sucks at battle, so i do not use him/ her that much)
    I had a fairly easy time reaching the milestone for the very first time b/c I kept getting 100+, 200+ points spins, plus points chests. I could've saved a boost or two if I knew my group was this competitive a lil more earlier.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd still doing x2 boosts: 21,000+ points, 18,000+ points, and 10,000+ points. Me: still 8,000+ at 7th place.

I also manage to win a couple tournaments, but yes, with Champs, I'll be stuck for days and have no good fighters to go against them. Sometimes, I would run out of time to take out that one Champ whom I was stuck for days in the last 3 rounds or 2. :-/

Why does the app have a Facebook button but whenever you click on it says not supported ??? Makes no sense in having it when it useless think about it 😒😕😏

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I got 7364 points and almost have enough for Harmony Knight. My intention was to just play enough to get the King Dragon but, strangely, I'm almost to Harmony Knight.
    I learned my lesson from the last ************ and not spend any gold - no dragon is worth wasting money to be undercut at the last minute. I'm not even trying for Gentle Knight and I know I won't get it because I was, once again, placed in a group where I didn't have a legitimate shot at placing first or second. I'm hoping this time I finish 10th or below. Unfortunately I'm at 7th, lol.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    I got 7364 points and almost have enough for Harmony Knight. My intention was to just play enough to get the King Dragon but, strangely, I'm almost to Harmony Knight.
    I learned my lesson from the last ************ and not spend any gold - no dragon is worth wasting money to be undercut at the last minute. I'm not even trying for Gentle Knight and I know I won't get it because I was, once again, placed in a group where I didn't have a legitimate shot at placing first or second. I'm hoping this time I finish 10th or below. Unfortunately I'm at 7th, lol.
    What happened at the last minute on your last one?

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by marathon2615 View Post
    What happened at the last minute on your last one?
    Somebody came from 1500 points below me and undercut me in the last hour to take 2nd place.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast