Thread: Dragons obtained through mining need to stay longer

New Resident

Dragons obtained through mining need to stay longer

So...I noticed this with the last few dragons obtained through mining. The Glacial Dragon will be unable to be mined in about 2 days and I am currently at 230/275 Glacial Stones. With the last dragon, the Spelunking Dragon, I was also about 10 or 15 materials short. Now I know how to do the mine correctly, and I use every bomb, don't waste them etc, and I play every day. Yet I keep having this problem. If they were available just a few days longer, they would be more obtainable. Does anyone else experience this?

Rhino Keeper
    As a veteran Dragon Story player who's only ever missed the sulphur dragon, and those in the mine he didn't care enough to try for; I am confused as to how people can not acquire any of the mining dragons. When trying for the dragon mine, I always have my evolution temple going. Over the course of two to three weeks I always get enough pieces with over a dozen bombs to spare.
    As long as your temple is always going, and you make sure to either speed it up or plan your evolutions so you don't waste its hours while you sleep or go to work, you should get enough bombs to acquire the mining dragon every time. This is all assuming you can get an average of two pieces per bomb, of course. I can see how that might be difficult for some people, as luck deinitely plays a role. But if you're having trouble getting pieces with your bombs, I'm pretty positive there is a guide on how to do this somewhere in these forums that could explain it much better than I can. At any rate good luck to you and everyone else on getting he Glacial dragon, as well as all future mining dragons.

Fashion Designer
    I've had problems myself a few times I only got glacial today. That's with one temple always going and three nests. The problem is being high level with not enough room to simply have habitats that have temporary dragons for bomb. The only reason I made it this time was because I bred an Infinity without any boost at all. Shocking.

Executive Chef
    One big difference these days for earning the mining dragons is that the requirements changed last year.

Cursed Idol 28 days to collect 200 pieces
    Opal 28 days for 200
    Hidden Gem 35 days for 200
    Lost Bones 35 days for 200
    Old Trinket 28 days for 170
    Stalactite/Stalagmite 35 days for 300
    Overgrowth 38 days for 300
    Sulfur 25 days for 350
    Artifact 31 days for 300
    Ghoststone 28 days for 275
    Spelunking 32 days for 300
    Glacial 28 days for 275

We now have to average 10 parts a day, so there is little room for error if relying upon one evolution temple.

Executive Chef
    The link to the mining guide follows...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...y-Mining-Guide

New Resident
    Thanks for posting this list. This explains why the last mining dragon I could obtain without being in game all the time was overgrowth.

Fashion Designer
    Wow, Sulfur was harsh!
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    I haven't got the last few and won't get this one either. I will be short 25 pieces. I guess we're supposed to buy the bomb producing dragons.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeroth View Post
    As a veteran Dragon Story player who's only ever missed the sulphur dragon, and those in the mine he didn't care enough to try for; I am confused as to how people can not acquire any of the mining dragons. When trying for the dragon mine, I always have my evolution temple going. Over the course of two to three weeks I always get enough pieces with over a dozen bombs to spare.
    As long as your temple is always going, and you make sure to either speed it up or plan your evolutions so you don't waste its hours while you sleep or go to work, you should get enough bombs to acquire the mining dragon every time. This is all assuming you can get an average of two pieces per bomb, of course. I can see how that might be difficult for some people, as luck deinitely plays a role. But if you're having trouble getting pieces with your bombs, I'm pretty positive there is a guide on how to do this somewhere in these forums that could explain it much better than I can. At any rate good luck to you and everyone else on getting he Glacial dragon, as well as all future mining dragons.
    Im a veteran DS player as well and I always had trouble mining! I did my best to keep my evolution temple going but as you know us older players only get our first evolution at level 7. This makes the food requirements much higher and i often found myself either forfeiting the mining dragon or the Dragon Tales as I never had enough food. I was finally able to get a BPD so i don't have the trouble that i used to. but i definitely understand how hard it is to get every one