Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Unicorn Leaderboard Event! - Jan 13, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Nastylilhobbits View Post
    I've just experienced a major glitch on my second farm, after doing the spin to win I was rewarded with 273 points, if that wasn't strange enough to get so many points in one go, it then popped up twice more and I have just gone from 16th place to third. Surely this can't be fair on the people who have actually put the work in to get where they are, and I can't imagine I'm the only person this has happened to?
    I don't believe it's a glitch. Even though I'm not actively competing in this event, I did spin the wheel a few times and won 500 points in one spin. I'm stil in 16th place but I did get the "rainbow habitat" because of that one spin

Quote Originally Posted by NunuusFarm View Post
    I don't believe it's a glitch. Even though I'm not actively competing in this event, I did spin the wheel a few times and won 500 points in one spin. I'm stil in 16th place but I did get the "rainbow habitat" because of that one spin
    I'm not referring to the number of points, all though it seemed unusually high. The fact that I ended up with three spins is clearly wrong though.
    ID Nastylilhobbits Farm name Lellibear

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmornings View Post
    I was able to get my foal yesterday morning. I'm currently going though event withdrawals. Shopping the newspaper for ingredients instead of finished products is difficult. On the bright side, my little farm is once again earning a profit instead of loosing tons of gold or barely breaking even. With luck, I'll win the big unicorn too. This event, to me, was a kick in the butt about the things my farm is lacking. Good luck to those still trying.
    Congratulations on getting your unicorn foal, and good luck on trying to win the adult unicorn as well.

Executive Chef
    No chance--as expected--of placing in first or second place, not when those two are approaching 19,000 points and I still haven't broken 10,000. No chance, even, of earning the foal. Oh, well. As I said, "as expected." For what it's worth, I'm not really trying to get to 19,000. I'm just playing normally, and spinning the wheel just for the sake of spinning the wheel. If I hit milestones, great. If not, I'm not going to stress out about it.

What is really irritating is that I now have two habitats that will never see any use--the duck pond from the last leaderboard event, and the habitat for the unicorn. Unless there is a plan for these pets to become available in the future either through the tree house or through the market, these habitats should really have been acquired WITH the pets, not as a separate prize.

I get it...give participants the habitat early to incentivize them to work hard and get to the top of the leaderboard, buying and using gems in the process to stay in #1 or #2. However, with only 2 players per group allowed to win the adult unicorn, and requiring participants to go to extreme measure to reach 19,000 points and the foal--specifically, by buying multiple boosts in order to reach it in the limited time, during which many are unable to play consistently and/or regularly--this is an event that S8 should reconsider...or at least consider giving players the option to immediately opt-out of participating, so as to avoid all the pop-ups of points earned, or using up turns in the mine searching for minerals and instead finding points.

I have over 42,000 points and the other 2 behind me are about 5000 but always going with 30 💎 I've been playing non stop because I don't sleep due to chronic pain. Anyhow, I have to keep using 7 gems 💎 for bigger animal harvests. A third unexpected person came up. And I'm stressed 😩 Different time zones which I hate and I'm exhausted and I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER do this again!!!! I don't care if it is magical unicorn 🦄 that tell me how pretty I am and does my laundry .. NEVER! My boyfriend said you do realize it's just pretend prizes. Kinda has a point ☝️😉

Now someone is saying up later. My margin narrows. Yep definitely NEVER EVER EVER EVER doing this again! Unreal.
    Last edited by Lilliepaddd; 01-22-17 at 08:30 PM.

My second seems to be jumping a thousand points a day all of a sudden, after staying well below me for half the event. I tried to stay ahead for awhile but I just can't be bothered putting that much time in. I hadn't intended on winning in the first place, that was dumb luck, but when they started fighting me it got personal. Now I just can't keep up even if I put heaps of time in. I'll suffice with my accidental second place, as #3 is less than half our points I'm not worried.

Rhino Keeper
    Before I say anything else I want to fully congratulate those who have worked hard and earn the prizes they do. However I am so disheartened with this event. For some reason I don't get prior notice of events (via pop ups - whether this is because of where I live) and missed the start of the event. By the time I joined I was already 3000 points behind first place. That aside, I decided to give it a go and I did achieve the foal, so I know I shouldn't complain.

I use this game as distraction therapy from a health issue and have always found it fun but this time no matter what I do I can't get anywhere near the first three. I know it is only a game but we all put what we have in to this game and to make us compete against the other players seems really unfair. I believe if you achieve the final goal you should get the major prize. Anyway, this type of event makes my health worse so I won't be able to take part in these type of events which makes me unhappy.

Farm Supplier
    My first first place taker has over 80,000 pts I will never catch up...

Posting or discussing third party sites is not allowed.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 01-24-17 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Removed external site comments

Ok what. Two new people have just been added to my group with A DAY to go??

Tell me how this is fair?? These people are now threatening both me and 1st place, when we worked to be here and they're suddenly thrown into our ranks!

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast